Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Q

Engine swap for '93 XLT?

My Explorer is getting tired, the M5OD needs a full rebuild, the 4.0 is on it's last leg. So I'm facing a choice, repower with a 5.0/AODE, or swap in a 4.0SOHC with what ever trans is stock, prefer to switch over to an auto due to the wifes inability to drive a stick. What's the easiest/best...
  2. Q

Burlington/MtVernon/B'Ham/Everett area TTB alignment expert?

I've been a member of this site since I purchased my '93 Explorer and am now in need of someone that actually knows what they are doing on alignments. I've tried Sears, and other big box places and not a single one of them have done an acceptable job. Any leads? Dennis
  3. Q

Help, Exploder no go.

Hi all. I've got a problem and am in need of some help. About 1 year ago while driving down the highway just after shifting my M5OD-R1 equipped '93 Explorer, into 5th gear, I hear a horrible spline meshing sound. There seems to be some spline issue, but I was able to drive another 5 miles to...
  4. Q

interior lights

I have looked everywhere for a switch or other means of turning off the interior lights when the rear gate is in the up, or open position. It'll be a while till the drive-in theater is open again, but I'd really like to be able to park with the rear gate opened and not interfere with others...
  5. Q

Power steering pump replacement

I just drove my '93 Explorer from Seattle to Missouri and had a problem with the PS pump squalling like a banshee. It still works, but I plan on returning to Seattle next week and want to replace the pump prior to the trip. That being said, will a A1 Cardone pn: 20-6244 pump fit on the 4.0...
  6. Q

86 Ranger fuel tank?

I've owned my 86 Ranger SuperCab 4x4 since it was new and I'm now trying to fix a problem that has basically existed since it was new. The original 2.9 finally blew up with 250K miles and I replaced it with a 4.0. The original fuel tank only held like 11 gallons and with the original engine...
Back