Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Solved Power Window No-no

That's interesting. Before I knew about the replacement nylon plugs I had put in a few nuts and never had a problem, although this was in older cars, like a 77 Lincoln so maybe there was something different about them. Either way, the rebuilt kit that is available for most power windows is a...
  2. C

Can the Autolock also AutoUNLOCK???

Yea, if you don't like it you can turn it off. I'm pretty sure there is no way to auto-unlock though.
  3. C

fuel filter question

I wouldn't expect it to change at all. I guess it could make sense that more fuel might be getting through and it might burn more, but I would imagine the computer would compensate accordingly and most likely has been if it has been getting less fuel because of the fuel filter. That's just...
  4. C

Trans Fluid Change

Most people like to stay away from getting a flush of the tranny. If you really want to take care of your transmission take it to a transmission shop you trust and ask for a service where they will drop the pan, change the filter and drain the torque converter. It's easier on your transmission...
  5. C

Rear AC/Heat works on every speed but low (1)

Thanks for the idea however I don't have any rear controls just the one up front in the head liner.... :(
  6. C

Any idea where the resistor pack for the rear fan control would be located? I'm wishing for a Helm Factory manual for this car for my b-day, so I won't have to ask these little questions. :-)
  7. C

Location of the Fuel Filter

I'll be looking forward to the pic, thanks!
  8. C

That's what I thought too and I started to take that off but the plastic from the wheel well and the running boards prevent it from coming off. It didn't look like anything was behind it. Is there a trick to taking it off? BTW, they are 8 mm bolts. :-)
  9. C

From what I have been reading on this forum there seems to be some confusion on where the fuel filter is located on an 02 Mountaineer. Some people say that is is located under the passenger seat (which is a typical location for Ford products) I see a panel that is covering the fuel lines but...
  10. C

*bump* Any thoughts?
  11. C

I know it's a typical problem for blower fans to only work on high due to a bad resistor pack but is it possible for it to only affect one speed? I did some searching but didn't find anything...is the problem I am having a common one? If it isn't does anyone know where the resistor...
  12. C

Mazda Motors

I own a 2003 Mazda 6 with the 3.0. It's rated at 220 HP, but it's only around 180 ft lbs of torque if I remember correctly. It's just a newer version of the Duratec 3.0 with some VVT and some other tweaks to get it bumped up to 220 HP instead of 200 (found in some Taurus and Escapes). The...
  13. C

EATC Defrost Question/Problem

Well it doesn't look that process works for the 2002 model. Has anybody found or know of another way to start the diagnostics on the EATC?
  14. C

Serpentine Belt/Tensioner Tips? 2002 4.6L V8

I have a rattle that I think is coming from either the belt tensioner or the idler pulley. I was taking a quick look at it and looks like there isn't much room to get down there to loosen the tensioner up. Do any of you have any tips or recommendations to make this task easier? Should I remove...
  15. C

Thanks! I found a similar page (already had the Press Off & Floor then Automatic written a post-it note!), just hope it applies to the EATC unit that is in my Mountaineer. I'll let you guys know if it works.
  16. C

Door entry code???

I don't know if you found your code yet but I recently went looking for mine and found this good write up on finding your code. http://www.aviationwire.net/explorer/keypadcode.html
  17. C

Thanks for the welcome! I used to be active in a Cougar/Thunderbird forum, but I haven't owned Mercury for a couple years now, it's good to be back in one, even though I haven't owned it a week yet. :-) Anyone around know about the EATC self test? I know the older generations had one and I...
  18. C

It doesn't really get uncomfortable unless I have been driving for a while, like an hour or more. I've just been turning up the temp to help compensate for the difference. It's good to know that in some respects it is fairly normal (I guess I missed that section of the owners manual.) Any...
  19. C

I just recently purchased an 02 Mercury Mountaineer and had a question about how the defrost with the EATC should work. When I have it in auto mode with the temp set to about 75 degrees I get plenty hot air out of the floor vents but the air coming out of the defrost vents seems just barley...
Back