Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 96FordExploder

Which Brand of Shackles?

I've got Autozone shackles too and I have no complaints. I still need to shorten them because I only used the first bolt hole and have no need for the other 2. I'll snap some pics tomorrow. I don't offroad that much so they're all I need.
  2. 96FordExploder

Stock 4.10's getting 35's should I get 4.88's

I had 3.73's in my 89' Ranger 2.9L with 33's on it and they didn't perform bad at all. 4.10's would have been better but I did fine on the highway and used 5th gear the all the time. I could even smoke the tires going around corners in 1st, lol. I think the Mazda tranny the in the 2.9's was a...
  3. 96FordExploder

Smashed mirror, recommendations?

Venom, you described my replacement mirror word for word bro. Fit isn't perfect, and it vibrates a little. When my system hits though, the mirror looks as if it's going to competely pop out, lol. Oh well. We saved some money and it serves it's purpose.
  4. 96FordExploder

Fog Lights

Just take some measurements of the useable space you have, find out what size lights you want to use and you can easily fabricate a way to mount them. On my Gen 1 I made some nice mounting brackets out of rolled alluminum. And many aftermarket fog light sets you purchase with have mounts...
  5. 96FordExploder

What did your system cost?

1) 1600watt Power Acoustic 2ch amp 3) DEI Pro Plus 12" subs 1) Bigass ported box Stock mid's and high's Stock head unit. Bought it used from a friend for $450. I run the amp from the stock amp via an RCA converter. The stock amp sucks for higher frequency bass but the lower...
  6. 96FordExploder

Fog Light Questions

Wow bro, your setup is SICK. Haha. Looks good though. You have any problems with the KC's wobbling?
  7. 96FordExploder

Fog Light Questions

I got mine from Wally-Mart for $20 bucks. They add a nice touch and are even brighter than the OEMs. Fit right in the stock locations and just tied the wiring directly to the stock wiring. It allowed me to use the original button on the console.
  8. 96FordExploder

Which 20s

I voted for the Rozzi's. Those are clean and would look great choppin' at about 5mph.
  9. 96FordExploder

Put on 30 x 11.50 Thornbirds (pic)

Looks good. What size 'Birds were those and are those 10" wheels ?
  10. 96FordExploder

This will get this place to "thumpin"

I thought it was duck season, not wabbit season....
  11. 96FordExploder

4x4 Not Disengaging on 98 XLT w/Electronic T-case

Mine did this 2 weeks ago for some odd reason... only difference was mine stuck in 4 wheel-low. It did this without me even touching the switch... I just got in a cranked up and bam, 4 wheel-low. I ended up driving the 1.5 miles home in low and disconnected the battery cables and it fixed the...
  12. 96FordExploder

Finally got got my 31s (pictures)

Looks purty good. I opted for the 30's on my 2nd gen and they only rub on the sway bars and full lock to lock. They're 11.50's also.
  13. 96FordExploder

Here's a new pic with the added lift in the rear. Went a did a little offroading at a local mudhole. You can also see the new fog lights. MAC air intake
  14. 96FordExploder

You'll have to remove the door panel and on the inside there will be 3 metric nuts you have to remove and also unclip the electrical connector. Make sure when removing the 3 nuts that you don't accidentally drop them into the bottom of the door panel. You'll see what I'm talking about when you...
  15. 96FordExploder

OEM Factory parts are better quality. I got one off Ebay however and it's fit and finish is great. The only thing I don't like is that the mirror glass vibrates slightly while driving and the original factory mirror glass doesn't move at all.
  16. 96FordExploder

Homemade shackles

I bought a shackle kit from Autozone for $14 and it works great. I clear my 30" tires by 6.5 inches at all four corners. I don't offroad enough to need the Warriors. Just the occasional Sand/Hill riding and some mud. For $14 though I couldn't resist. Put a couple coats of semi-gloss...
  17. 96FordExploder

Sure will. I've been driving on them everyday for the last week and they've still got all the mold hairs on them.. even where they contact the pavement.
  18. 96FordExploder

They aren't quiet. They sing at high speeds.
  19. 96FordExploder

Possible New Wheels, what do you guys think?

What size are you aiming for ?
  20. 96FordExploder

Yeah I pretty much purchased them for the looks. I had some 33 x 12.50's on my Ranger back in 01' that I liked. They performed pretty decent in the mud here in Florida as long as you had enough wheel speed.... however they are horrible in the sand... even without trying to spin they'll dig to...
  21. 96FordExploder

I got'em from a dealer here in town that I do alot of business with. They were $155 a piece. They discontinued the white letter versions but I think I like these even better.
  22. 96FordExploder

More pics.. View from the front. Not tire/wheel related but it does cause some sag in the rear suspension.
  23. 96FordExploder

Where did you see this? I've never heard of that but you may be right. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info.
  24. 96FordExploder

Well. I got alot of work done on my X this weekend. Installed a MAC cold air kit, installed reverse glow gauges and also got some new 30 x 11.50 Thornbirds put on. Yeah yeah, I know the majority of everyone on here hates Thornbirds but I like the way they look. Got the torsion twist up front...
  25. 96FordExploder

Whining Noise

That sounds like the IAC valve on the intake manifold. You can try cleaning it and see if that helps. I cleaned mine today actually and it hasn't made any noise yet. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154847
Back