Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

5R55W - P0775 code

Update #2 - I picked up the truck Tuesday afternoon after the repair and it's been fine so far. The paperwork states they replaced the overdrive servo, part number 4W4Z-7D201-LA. The part cost was $20.34 and the labor came to $260 for the diagnostic and repair work. I'm not sure what...
  2. D

5R55W - P0775 code

Update - I decided to take it over to the local Ford dealer to let them do a diagnostic on it and see what their thoughts were. They said it is possibly the solenoid and could also be a broken or burned band. After some discussion, they offered to change the solenoid block for $300 (parts and...
  3. D

5R55W - P0775 code

Well, it's a 4-speed at the moment, but it used to be a 5-speed! The specs section lists 5R55W as the only choice for the 2003 model year.
  4. D

5R55W - P0775 code

The truck just turned over 50,000 right about the time of failure. btw - I researched transmission type and decided this is a 5R55W because it's a V8 4x4 with the trailer tow package. Does that look right?
  5. D

5R55W - P0775 code

Hi all, I've got a 2003 Explorer that recently has developed a transmission issue on our Christmas vacation. While driving down the highway with the cruise control on the truck downshifted to maintain speed on an uphill climb. At the top of the rise, the truck wouldn't shift back into 5th gear...
Back