Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Pinging under acceloration/load

LOL!! Yes I do remember the Courier. Personally I did not like them. Glad they are gone. I will try a squirt and see what happens. I have never heard of the water thing but I have heard of the carbon build up on the pistons. Did NOT know it would cause the noise. Thanks for the tip...
  2. K

Just for giggles I tried some 93 octane. It lessened the noise greatly but still did not cure it. I sure as hell cannot afford to do that all the time. Tried cleaning the map sensor as you said first,did nothing.
  3. K

Same issue I have the same issue in my '01. After I cleaned the throttle body it went away fo a bit but then came back. It was only about two tanks until the noise returned. I run 89 octane and pull a 14 ft. landscape trailer. With or without the trailer, same noise. Someone told me to try...
  4. K

2001 ranger Edge front end problem

LOL!! No off roading for me! Besides the fact that my wife would have a fit,this is my work truck. It has been by far the most reliable vehicle I have had and I want to keep it nice. It is all lettered and set for my lawn business. Also it is basicly stock and I want to build it a bit before...
  5. K

I belong to Lawnsite and Plowsite as well as joining here today. These are the best places with the best people for information anywhere. Since there are no financial or personal rewards to be gained I feel you can count on the real answers from real folks. Thanks for the peace of mind in...
  6. K

dmac0923 Thank you very much for the quick response!! I will check to see if it is an original or not and follow your suggestion. Am I in danger of breaking this thing off soon or will I be O.K. if I baby it for awhile? As I said in the original post I am hurting for cash right now. I...
  7. K

I need some help with a Ford Ranger Edge with the 4.0 6 cyl. First I will tell you,I am not a truck mechanic.I have done the obligatory alternator,plugs, battery,brake pads and rotors, etc. I have been in the lawn business for ten years and can turn a wrench fine. I have to see if I can get...
  8. K

Hello to all ,glad to be here!!

Hello everyone! I am glad to have found this site. I am the proud owner of a 2001 Ranger Edge and look foward to tapping into the vast amount of knowledge I see here. Hopefully I can contribute and help someone else out in the process. Happy New Year!:D Karl
Back