Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

10 Second Temporary Fix for Blend Door Actuator Problem...

UPDATE: Shortly after the above post I found out that the door flips back shut upon turning the car off. I had removed most of the center console at that time in an effort to change out the actuator. I was able to get in there and attach a long zip tie around the door lever, the tag end...
  2. D

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

This post has been most helpful. I am still working on getting to the actual replacement of the actuator. Using the center console drawing above I have mostly dis-assembled the center console but cannot figure out how to completely remove it out of the way. I've removed stuff up to step...
  3. D

10 Second Temporary Fix for Blend Door Actuator Problem...

Thanks for this great post! My blend air door has been going on the fritz for the past few weeks. Started out with the annoying clicking sound (but still yielding heat), then progressed to other more pronounced bad sounds. For awhile it would blow cold air then after a while if i played...
  4. D

4x4 does not work

I'm joining the club. Became an '02 XLT Explorer owner over the holidays. Got into an icy patch in some 'back country' last weekend and when i pushed the 4x4 button - no lights, no click, no traction. Took it to the dealer this week and for an $80 diagnostic fee he tells me I need the 4x4CM...
Back