Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rlfknlorangers

question pertaingin to transfer case after brown wire mod

I know the easy answer here is to buy a 2wd. but i have a good running ex and just looking to remove drag to increase gas mileage, and possibly put in an Toyota front clip to bag it in the near future. i have a 98 XLT 4wd 4.0, with the auto / 4 wheel high/ 4 wheel low selector switch. if i...
  2. rlfknlorangers

rubber flooring?????

acc makes aa really nice thick rubber flooring. you should be able to get it through stockinteriors.com i have dealt them with a dozen times and the acc stuff is really nice. install it outside on summer day, or get it warm first. its very stiff when cold.
  3. rlfknlorangers

4r55E 4wd to 2wd conversion

i too would like to know this. i posted a similar question a while back and all i got for a repsonse was to "buy a 2wd" anyone that can expand on this question i too would greatly appreciate.
  4. rlfknlorangers

Bodydrop, looking for more info

i was in the same boat you are when i did my body drop. i basically just gutted the interior and then cut out the floor close the sill seam, and right through the middle of the fire wall and back wall and just overlapped them. only thing i recommend, and i am not sure why i did it this way now...
  5. rlfknlorangers

Fresh Paint = Spider Cracks, Why? HELP!

these guys are right too many coats of any material layed to quickly and thickly on each other the solvents have no where to go the paint lifts or cracks apart when the solvents come out of it. more flash time next time and your fine to go once that material has been stripped off.
  6. rlfknlorangers

I think she may be totalled...

yeah it looks to be totaled.. but nothing is saying it cant ever be right again. i put frames under trucks and fix "totaled" cars and truck all the time at work. insurance companies don't total something like that based on safety concerns its all dollar figures to them. but that expo is easily...
  7. rlfknlorangers

Got the truck back from Maaco. Tell me what you think

i agree with MONMIX. to small to pick a maaco paint job apart. they can do some good "5 foot" work but once you get up on them most look like crap. would like to see some better pictures of your truck
  8. rlfknlorangers

filled with mud

well i expected at least $150+...i enjoy cleaning my truck, but its so much easier to just drop my daily(expo) off and it comes back real fresh-lol
  9. rlfknlorangers

filled with mud

wow that pretty good...i would take it to a detail guy and see what they would charge...if it doesn't run after wards at least its on them and not you...not sure what that would cost to get cleaned though-lol
  10. rlfknlorangers

Where to go from here?

yeah im still on the fence...i thought about just repainting it and maybe putting it on some 20's. but ive got a big chunk of change and kinda want to go crazy..... i do have all the flares a rear bumper and hatch off a 2001 that are going on soon and it will all be painted to make it look like...
  11. rlfknlorangers

Where to go from here?

im at the point i want i do something drastic with my x, but im not sure what. i love the look of the explorers of my generation layed out, but i have 4wd to deal first...this is what it looks like now but i dont think i wanna keep going up i searched the forum and couldn't find an answer...
  12. rlfknlorangers

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

that setup looks good for an ibeam truck..my only problem with them is i know it took me at least three different setups on my truck to get it right and that was after reading what others had done too...but with say a torsion bar or s-10 suspension you can practically bag one of those with your...
  13. rlfknlorangers

my only problem with ibeams is that even though you can get close its very hard to get the bag to inflate and deflate with the end plates parallell, or at least staying something that looks healthy for the bag. i know most companies say you can have so much deflection and the end plates can be...
  14. rlfknlorangers

and im pretty sure that yes even though rangers are easy... i wouldn't say an expo is any harder to lay out it just involves a lil more and takes a lil longer usually. and i beams can kiss my ass ill chop up 98 and up suspension all day before i mess with i beams again. one day my ex is goin...
  15. rlfknlorangers

maryland meet and greets? i dont have and answer for that..i quess i just didnt know, or think to look for them on the forum. i drive it all the time, but mostly to minitrucker meets and shows...but im always down to cruise out to wherever car guys are meeting up
  16. rlfknlorangers

yeah i finally broke down and ordered a chepo aftermarket off ebay and just got around to building a reinforcement for it. but it fits decent....after some tweakin
  17. rlfknlorangers

and does this technically count in the lowest explorer thread ;) and the bumper is not staying grey textured its eventually getting painted gold to match the two tone and getting fog lights
  18. rlfknlorangers

i worked on that chopped prostreeted x at the interior shop i worked at for a while..the truck is def cool but at the time it had a lot of little things wrong with it that that just seemed like stupid oversights. and if i remember correctly it had to be painted at least twice maybe more due to...
  19. rlfknlorangers

Only Bagged Rangers and Explorers!!!!! Lets see who is King Of Tuck.

low x.....does it sit that low just on the suspension mods or was your truck body dropped either stock floor or conventional. i love my ranger and would hate to cut up my daily but dont want to body drop it, but if your sits like that only on suspension and minor frame mods i may have to rethink...
  20. rlfknlorangers

Anyone with pics of 2nd gen wheels on 3rd gen?, If so - post'em - they'll fit, right?

not that im even a fan of them...but im going out on a limb and going to assume that the aviator wheels have the same backspacing problem if put on a 2nd gen expo? is that true
  21. rlfknlorangers

Tear Drop Looks?

directional wheels are far and few between now a days especially on stock vehicles
  22. rlfknlorangers

Looking For 18" wheel Pictures!

damn you cant edit a title can you-lol
  23. rlfknlorangers

Looking For 18" wheel Pictures!

im looking for any side or 3/4 shots of 2nd gen explorers on 18" wheels......im trying to do the photochop on mine to decide if i wanna keep going up or take it down....so i need a pic of any 2nd gen lifted or lowered on 18" to use them as a scale so i can decide if 18's is really what i...
  24. rlfknlorangers

Carlisle in aug. 08

technically i'm going too i go every year i love the trucking nationals!....but i'm taking my ranger like i always do.... my expo doesn't have a crazy amounts done to it at least not enough to show, and prolly wont have all my plans done by then either so that one stays home.
  25. rlfknlorangers

help with front clips

motor wont affect front clip you can do that swap
Back