Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

98 Eddie Bauer Suspension

Thanks to everyone for the response. I turned the torsion bar adjusters in and raised the front by about 1.5". Camber looks good. Time for an alignment. To CDW6212R...yes I get an error message on the ARC...would like to get rid of it permanently but for now I just reset it if it bothers...
  2. 9

I was going to take it in for an alignment anyway due to just replacing the steering rack....will they adjust the torsion bars to bring it into alignment or should I adjust the torsion bars ahead of time to raise it back up a bit...I'm expecting I need to raise it approx. an inch to get it back...
  3. 9

Thanks for your help....I've located the instructions on adjusting the torsion bar....I'll try this asap...sounds like it will help my problem....as you can tell, I'm not familiar with the explorer suspension system....where are the front coils?...that's what I was looking for....are they not...
  4. 9

Ok...I replaced the air suspension on my 98 Eddie Bauer Explorer with regular gas shocks...I've found this to be a bad idea...my front tires tip in at the top (quite a camber issue)....when changing from air to gas shocks, is there a special kind I should have bought (front coil overs?)...front...
Back