Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

'93 XLT w/A4LD shifting problems

Well my fix ended up being rather easy. After checking the modulator, which appeared fine, I took a look at the adjustment screws for the bands. Ugh! Too bad I didn't just look at these first. The intermediate band adjustment screw was loose - locknut was completely unseated by several turns and...
  2. D

Thanks for the advice guys - you both are the tranny gurus. From reading the other posts I was first going to check the modulator so I appreciate your confirming that as a resonable (and easiest) place to start. If I have to get into bands and VB I may take it to a shop but we'll see. I'll...
  3. D

Hi, I searched the forum (fantastic resource by the way :thumbsup:) and found a few people with similar shifting problems as my '93 Explorer 4x4 but not many possible fixes. For about the last 10K miles the tranny won't really shift from 1-2 or 2-3 unless I back off the gas. If not the...
  4. D

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Thanks. Used a dull bit in my drill press to just press it out from the shaft side - didn't take much force at all. The bushing was smashed as typical - replaced it with a rubber one that fit and reassembled/reatached the shift motor. 4x4 is back working again - hurray and again thanks to...
  5. D

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Great thread all - much appreciated. I'm in the middle of working on my shift motor and its off the t-case and I've removed the 3 torx screws but am a bit stumped on how to get out the large gear to check the bushing. Its inside the housing so someone's mention of a gear puller won't...
Back