Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Rear Diff ??

I have a 2000 explorer 2-door 4.0l ohv. i replace the diff fluid some years back just for maintance. well i have been noticing it looks wet & i can see little drips under the cover. i think it might be from when i jack the rear up i put the jack unger the diff and the jack head pushes up on the...
  2. 2

Squealing from belt/pulley?????

I got a 2000 explorer 4.0 ohv. for years i would get that dreaded high pitch sound from the belt. now sometimes it was just from getting wet from car wash etc..... then the tensioner went bad. it would get stuck in the out position and not give when you gave it gas. so it put too much tension on...
  3. 2

Squealing from belt/pulley?????

I got a 2000 explorer 4.0 ohv. for years i would get that dreaded high pitch sound from the belt. now sometimes it was just from getting wet from car wash etc..... then the tensioner went bad. it would get stuck in the out position and not give when you gave it gas. so it put too much tension on...
  4. 2

Starting/battery issue????

Ok, sorry kinda long, but i need some help!!!! so i own a 2000 explorer sport, 4.0l. i had belt squeal for a while the past year or so. i found my tensioner was staying stuck in the outward position. putting too much tension on the belt and squealed at startup. so i got a new tensioner. seemed...
  5. 2

Best obd2 apps for iPhone??

Ok I have a 2000 Ford Explorer 4.0l ohv. I just ordered a Vague Icar1 Wifi Elm327obd Obdii/eobd2 Wifi327 for Android Pc Iphone Just waiting for it to arrive. I downloaded iOBD2 app and dash command. What other apps are good for ios- iPhone? Free & paid apps. Anyone with experience, if you could...
  6. 2

iac cap?

i lost the cap on my iac, so im in need of one. its a 2000 ford explorer 4.0l ohv. anyone know where i can purchase just the cap? thanks!
  7. 2

serpentine belt/ac ????

ok, so i got a brand new 200 amp alternator for my 2000 explorer sport. im in need of a new belt also, so what a perfect time to change the belt. now i heard they make a belt (shorter) to bypass the ac compressor. now my ac is currently not working due to a leak. so im not using my ac anyways...
  8. 2

ACCEL Ignition Coil Super????

so im running bosh platinum plugs & yaylor spiral pro 8.8 wires. i was thinking of adding this- http://www.ebay.com/itm/191268123527?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT worth the $85.00????
  9. 2

sct x4????

ok, so i just got the new sct x4 from james henson. when putting the tune in, i noticed theres no option to adjust the trans shift to firmer or softer? and no option to remove speed limiter? any ideas?
  10. 2

spark plug wires?

so i currently have taylor spiral pro 8.8 wires. are these really worth the money? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nology-014-206-121-HotWires-Ford-Explorer-00-01-4-0L-V6-/131082843140?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2000|Make%3AFord|Model%3AExplorer&hash=item1e85257404&vxp=mtr and...
  11. 2

tranny fluid?

ok, so i got my income tax and i want to switch my tranny fluid to royal purple. now im thinking this will work- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Purple-01320-Max-ATF-Transmission-Fluid-6-Quart-Case-/400798076964?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item5d516d5024&vxp=mtr now can someone tell me how many quarts...
  12. 2

what gasoline?

so i own a 2000 ford explorer sport 4.0l ohv. i currently been using kroger 93 octane. now i was wondering is the shell v-power 93 octane really better & helps keep your motor clean? if so, i think its worth the extra 5 miles to go there! i also use lucas fuel injector cleaner about every other...
  13. 2

more power?

so i've decided to go with the sct x4 from james at henson performance. now im thinking about getting the 66mm bbk throttle body and the 90mm mass airflow meter/sensor. will i see some gains in power...
  14. 2

sct tuner?

ok so i have a 2000 ford explorer 4.0l ohv with some upgrades. i used to have a sct tuner years ago. im looking to get a newer model, but there is like 4 different ones. which would you reccomend and why? h here is the ones im looking at- http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=74&VID=473...
  15. 2

selling my sct xcal-2 advice

i had my sct xcal-2 (9400) tuner for over 3 years and love it! i got it from james at henson performance for $395.00. its still like new, have all the discs, cable, paper work, package,etc..... well, i always wanted a nitro r/c truck for almost 20 years. the one i want, t-maxx 3.3 is $462.99. so...
  16. 2

starting issue?

ok, some times my truck has a hard time starting. i put the key in, turn it and nothing. its not like this every time. most of the time it starts up fine. but some times it takes like 30-40 tries to start. its not ctanking over, its like the battery is un-hooked. it makes no noise at all. then...
  17. 2

? about trans fluid change

i got my trans re-built at 92,x.. miles. it has 130,000 now. i been wanting to switch to synthetic for a while. do i just jack the truck up, take all the nuts out around the bottom of the trans and let it drain? i probably will replace the trans filter also. i believe theres only one bolt...
  18. 2

link to tire calculator for r.p.m.

i found this site to figure out your r.p.m. revs per mile. http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/tirecalc.html my tires are 235/75/15 which makes my r.p.m.=698
  19. 2

? about rear end

i notice that sometimes my rear tire on the driver side spins. i got the pass side tire that always spins. but i noticed in the rain and snow if i press the gas both tires spin. but some times if i power brake it, only the passesnger side tire spins. my gears are 3.73. do i have limited slip...
  20. 2

what is this part under my hood?

its the black knob/dial looking thing in the pic. its kinda right in the middle. i can turn it both ways freely and it never tightens up or loosens any.just spins. it has 2 hoses running off the bottom. my truck is a 2000 4.0l ohv.
  21. 2

? about my tune from henson

should i keep the axle ratio on stock, or 3.73 which thats the gear i have. i know the fan temps don't matter since i have no electric fan. tire revs/mile is on stock value. the spark is 0-2000, 2000-4000, 4000-8000. if i raide the spark, will i get more power? and the wot air/fuel. if i make it...
  22. 2

income tax return !!!!!

well i got back $4318.00 this year. im trying to decide what mods to do. you can see some things i already did in my sig. theres a few things i need to fix on the truck, a/c, cam position sensor, maybe a couple other things. i was thinking about the bbk throttle body. its around $230.00. any...
  23. 2

starting issue?

my truck is in the garage at all times. its about 57-60 degrees on cold days. but some times it has a hard time starting. once its warmed up it fires right up. its not the battery because all my lights are bright and it cranks strong. the fuel filter is about 6 months old.i just changed the...
  24. 2

? about tune and battery

i have a tune programmed in my truck from henson performance. if i disconnect the battery, do i have to install my tune again? or will it stay programmed in the computer?
  25. 2

? about fuel octane

ok, i use shell v-power 93 octane for 2 reasons. first there fuel has that nitrogen fuel additive in all 3 grades. second is because i have a tune from james at henson performance on my sct-xcal-2. do i really need to use 93 octane to get the most out of my tune? or could i use 87 or even 89?
Back