Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

could be EGR hose leak...near front center top of engine...plastic to hose connection that hose...

could be EGR hose leak...near front center top of engine...plastic to hose connection that hose gets heat damaged over time...looks ok till you squeeze it and feel the underside all dry rotted like and leaking...can replace just that section with heater hose elbow (cut off any over the counter...
  2. 0

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

Not much to see inside the wire bundle in the rubber cover between the door and vehicle when the door is open. Common problem on this model..took mine to the local mechanic and explained the issue and they fixed it pretty easily...usually same thin wire that doesnt hold up well to the repeated...
  3. 0

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

in an 04 EB had this door boot wire problem and repaired which rectified the locks/windows/dome lights issues...but before that Id get an intermittent message center beep but it happens so fast I can never read the message....now with the wire repaired this last ghost refuses to go...
  4. 0

ABS light and flashing 4x4

probably a bad abs sensor if abs light is lit...abs sensors are used in the automatic 4X4 control module so a bad abs is the external fault to the 4x4 module imput...common to be the 1 rear abs on the differential for a 2004 ...cheap fix but hard to reach
  5. 0

2004 explorer service engine soon light on

seems to be confusion on model years... the 2004 and up utilizes a ECM combination DPFE/EGR unit 03 and below had separate EGR valve and DPFE sensor... usually problems stem from gunk accumulation in the DPFE holes throwing up a code for an EGR code or there could be hose cracks..in 03 and below...
  6. 0

04 Eddie Bauer 4WD "Sticks" after stopping

OK, problem figured out..turns out the sealed transmission was somewhat low on fluid (nice there's no dipstick to know that BTW)... The pickup tube on hard breaking was grabbing air towards back of tranny.. routine drain, fill and filter in tranny fluid solved the problem...
  7. 0

appreciate the input.. I kinda doubt the parking brake...it releases after about 5 seconds every time..
  8. 0

I have a question maybe somebody may have run into once before Ive been to 3 different shops without any real help on this problem basically after a hard stop it feels like the brakes stay locked for several seconds. The truck will try to pull away but it feels like a parking brake is still on...
  9. 0

Keyless entry pad code location

I just wanted to say thanks to the OP...pulled the code on a freinds 04 EB and everything was spot on making it a 5 min job...thanks for making it look like I knew what I was doing :)
  10. 0

Another SOHC no start thread... :(

No start I had a no start problem that the work around was put your foot slightly on the gas while attempting to start and then would. It couldn't hold idle then. Turned out was the idle control motor
Back