Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2007 EB "Squeaking" noise from driver side front

what I did I sprayed some silicone spray down in the plastic to see if that would fix it and save me a trip to the dealer. It turns out that it worked, it took a few days to work its way down into the door but the squeak has been gone ever since. Good luck!
  2. P

yep, I know exactly what you are talkign about. When I push on the door panel with a good deal of force it will replicate the squeak. I just haven't had a chance to bring it in yet.
  3. P

my 07 explorer is doing the same exact thing in the passenger rear door. If you push on the interior door panel witht he door open you can hear it squeak. I plan on taking it to the dealer. It is driving me crazy...
  4. P

Smartlock Feature

try this If you have the security keyoad on the door you can leave it running and lock the doors with the keypad. That is the only way the doors will lock with the key in the ignition. I do it all of the time!
  5. P

Thinking of buying new 2007 XLT 4x4 - need advice

my opinion We have had our 2007 XLT 4X4 for over three months now with no problems other than the second row fold down seat being stuck in place. I have owned Fords all my life (F150's, mustangs, etc) and have had great reliability with all of them. Although this is the first Explorer we have...
  6. P

I'll probably get laughed at, but...

my 2007 explorer xlt does not have a flap on the "gashole" LOL
  7. P

How reliable is the Explorer?

The explorer is one of the longest built SUV's on the road. Explorer was around way before Chevy thought of a Trailblazer. One thing Ford does is used "tried and true" craftsmanship into their vehicles. Some people think that they may even be a little but outdated but they stick with what...
  8. P

2006 Explorer 4x4 or RWD

It is called "4X4 Auto" which means it is rear wheel drive until is detects slippage in the weheels then it goes into 4X4 mode until traction is restored at which time it will go back ot RWD. It is a wonderful feature. You get the best of both worlds, 2WD gas mileage and 4X4 exactly when you...
  9. P

Wipers Icing up

I am in Northeast Ohio and it has been as cold as -4 degrees. It sounds to me like you need to get a set of winter wiper blades. You could get a set of Ancos for about $8 each. As soon as I bought my explorer I went and got a pair - they are a must have in our climate. Then when summer...
  10. P

2007 Explorer v. 2007 Trailblazer

I did some serious research trying to decide between purchasing a 2007 Explorer ro Trailblazer. I have two small children and needed to upgrade to an SUV for the room, safety, etc. My wife and I were pretty much solf on the Trailblazer mainly because we are eligible for a GM discount and we...
  11. P

Overhead console question

:exp: Oh, OK - a ticket holder... Now if I could just get some Super Bowl tickets I could put them in my handy ticket holder. Ha ha. Seriously though, I had no idea what it was and it was driving me crazy. You would think that Ford could think of something else to occupy that space but hey...
  12. P

I don't think that it is a mirror. It looks like a piece of plastic that a piece of paper or maybe credit card could slide between. I am just not sure what ti is designed for.
  13. P

Back Seat Stuck

I had the same exact problem with my 2007 Explorer. The passenger side worked great but the drivers side was stuck. I pulled on it so hard that I broke the seat handle right off! Anyway, they ordered parts in to repair it and they are replacing the handle that I muscled off under the warranty.
  14. P

how do the 2wd versions do?

I have a 2007 Exporer 4X4. I am leasing so maintenance wasn't really an issue for me. What I REALLY like about the Explorer 4X4 is the "4X4 Auto" setting. It applies power to the rear wheels but if the slip at all it immediately kicks into 4 wheel drive and then back to rear wheel drive when...
  15. P

I have a 2007 Explorer and there is something in the overhead console that I am preplxed by. There is the garage door opener section, then there is the sunglass holder section, but closest tot he windshirld there is another section that I am puzzled by. The third section in the overhead...
Back