Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. vroomzoomboom

5.0 oil pan removal

the other problem will be is getting it past the sump, and for that you would have to lift the motor, drop the pan down enough to unbolt either the pump and sump, or just the sump. if it was a 4L it can be done, but being a v8 there isnt enough room. you can pull the rack without lifting the...
  2. vroomzoomboom

2002 Ranger, 5speed, manual T-case, supercharged, SAS started

us canucks get kicked in the ass when ordering stuff across the border. done even want to say the cost of my core was. nice ranger. i want to mess with mine more and more everyday but i keep remembering i need it to get me to and from work.
  3. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

i ment start it up. didnt realize you had it running already lol.
  4. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

c'mon! whens the fire up date!!!!
  5. vroomzoomboom

My latest project: 1970 Dodge Dart 512 C.I. Bracket Racer

hold my beercicle the snow was melting here on Saturday......
  6. vroomzoomboom

In need of 5.0 Headers

sorry, they went here DIY Explorer 302 Headers
  7. vroomzoomboom

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

not bad. anyone that has ever seen (well, in her younger years lol) evil thought it was painted in some fancy downdraft both with its own air supply and bake cycle when in reality i would tell them it was in a 2 car garage with nothing more then a exhaust fan. as long as you blow all the dust...
  8. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

<=== ive been saying that for years
  9. vroomzoomboom

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

i also asked for it to be functional, it has the two holes on the out side but not inside. sure, send some pics when you get a chance andy, and thanks!
  10. vroomzoomboom

my wallet is jealous of yours. same. when i unboxed the hood and saw it didnt open to the engine bay, i gave him a call. he had said it will be ok to open it up. i will have to wait when it gets warmer outside, but what i also what to see if i can do is to make some type of box in the...
  11. vroomzoomboom

he did......too bad they are going to be cut out when i open it up more.
  12. vroomzoomboom

Preparing for a Ranger 5.0 swap, what issues am I likely to encounter?

this is what i did, and needed to change. it is for a explorer however. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/so-you-want-to-convert-to-a-5-0-5l-swap-for-dummies.422796/
  13. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

i believe 3003
  14. vroomzoomboom

2 months ago, i did a thing. today it showed up. a few years ago, i tried to make a group buy for these hoods. well, the plandemic hit full force and screwed it all up. a couple of members did get them, but that was all. i had to even drop my order. fast forward to this spring and after...
  15. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

so dumb question if you havent already posted it, did you pressure test them?
  16. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

those look purdy now!
  17. vroomzoomboom

5.0 performance without tuning

depending on what rocker you use, if you use a full roller rocker, you will also need guide plates as well, which means you will have to go to screw in studs. another thing you can do if you are wanting to do it, is gasket match the heads to the lower intake, and the lower to the upper, and take...
  18. vroomzoomboom

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

i can say that the passengers side had a pretty good "tick" coming from it when it was on. nice job on fixing them! i also think the reason why that one was as bad as it was because every time i would wash the truck, i would wash the motor and water would get trapped in the collector. as well as...
  19. vroomzoomboom

Comment by 'vroomzoomboom' in media 'DSC03389_Medium_'

it will explain itself when you see them. they are hard to miss
  20. vroomzoomboom

Andrew's 1996 Explorer XLT

jamie, you have to see andy's truck in person. granted ifs been a number of years, and i havent seen it in person since he got the headlights and cowl, but his truck is major clean in, out, and upside down. thats no joke either.
  21. vroomzoomboom

by rights it should be -20C without the wind chill right now. with the job i have, im mostly outside hanging off the front of a rail car or crane. i am not complaining by any means.
  22. vroomzoomboom

Comment by 'vroomzoomboom' in media 'DSC03389_Medium_'

there is a loop on the bottom of the frame. they are the lift points if you are putting it on a 2 post lift
  23. vroomzoomboom

OEM Plus Interior Ideas

the door switches, and center console i used individual LED's with a single resister for them like this you can buy single LED's now ready to go, i did those probably 14 or more years ago lol i am pretty sure i did a thread on how i did my switches, you will have to do a search on it...
  24. vroomzoomboom

OEM Plus Interior Ideas

ill post some up. gauge overlays from a place called speedhut. since the last pic (these are old btw) the backlights were changed from 194's to white 194 LED went wild with LED stuff. changed the arm rest buttons to blue LED as well as the fog, 4x4, rear defrost, and rear wiper buttons...
Back