Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

brake help- w/ pics

pics of my rear rotor on my Rubicon, it was heating up and I suspected a stuck caliper, but from the last pic and the wear on the inside of the drum Im thinking the parking brake was not adjusted correctly. Anyone comment on that theory. I decided to take the brakes apart a few hours before Im...
  2. S

I want to hear from OWNERs of SSR's

Id like to hear from anyone who runs the Super Swamper SSR. Im looking to get a set of 285's soon, and these are on my list. If you have them on your vehicle Id like to hear your impressions. Thanks in advance.
  3. S

BFG tire recall

Maybe someone here can use this info, just came across anothe rlist- some here like the BFG's so I thought I would pass it along- if its a duplicate post someone delete this thanks: : tire recall info
  4. S

Candidates Roadless plans

For anyone who wheels or likes to wheel you should be up on the proposals by the candidates: Outdoor users site with links to various candidates postions on the Roadless plan
  5. S

positive news from KY

KY recycles old mine areas
  6. S

Chevy truck repair experts-Driveshaft

Ive got a leak on my 91 K2500. Ive replaced the rearr seal and bushing in the tailshaft housing of the NP241 transfercase, and the leak still exists- its leaking from the yoke it seems not the housing. ANyone run into this before? Is there a seal inside the yoke or on the output shaft?
  7. S

Forest Service policy on use

Forest Service policy for OHV use site Check ou6t the above site - comment period end sept 13th. With trails being closed everyday everyone in the 4x community needs to participate.
  8. S

All makes Swap Meet in Alexandria Va May 15

4x4 Swap Meet Saturday, May 15, 2004 "Give me your tired gears, your spare shafts, Your huddled piles of spare parts yearning to be used, The wrenched refuse of your teeming storage sheds, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed parts to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden lined...
  9. S

Forward Air

I just wanted to put this up for anyone considering shipping heavy or bulky items. Forward Air has great rates for big items- I sent 298 lbs on one pallet filled with a disc brake 8.8, a round tube hitch and a couple of brake cables for $80 from Dulles Int to the Indy Airport. If you are...
  10. S

04 Durango

Anyone here have a new Durango? Thinking about one and looking for opinions. Wanting a black limited with "J" package, 5.7 w 3.92's tow package, skids, heated seats, sunroof
  11. S

New A4LD family pan available

A4LD cast aluminum pan Pan for the A4LD family of transmissions. Comes with a temp sender boss and a drain plug. Holds 2 qts over stock. Nice features and a good price. Baffles are nice touch.
  12. S

8.8 axle weight

Anyone know the shipping weight of a disc brake rear 8.8 axle?? Looking for a good way to ship heavy items like axles, transmissions and engines?
  13. S

A4LD rebuilders-drain back modification

Im working on getting my trans back together. I enlarged the converter drain back passage in the bell housing to 5/16" and smoothed and radiused the hole opening under the seal . The pump plate hole was already 5/16". I also took the pump and drilled the drain back hole to 5/16". Stock the...
  14. S

OBX Explorer

I dont know if this is anyones here, but thought I would post it. Looked real nice. Still had the auto hubs and the ttb front end, but it was clean and eye catching, I didnt have a bunch of time to poke around for the owner, my kids (and others!) wanted to get to the Go-Cart racing- whoo hooo...
  15. S

Glacier-Opera-ALYZ1FLR - trans ?s

Ok so I pulled my tranny to replace the front seal and check out the bushing etc. While it was out I started poking around looking at what the "pro" rebuilder did 20k miles ago. Not too impressive. Things I asked to be done were not. Examples: old rev o-ring installed, some valve body mods not...
  16. S

Online fastener source?

Im looking for some metric bolts to replace my body bolts, but since Im adding a 1" spacer they need to be longer than stock. Anyone know an online source that carries bolts longer than the 100mm I can find locally? Im looking for metric 12mm 1.75 pitch in length 110, 115 or 120mm full...
  17. S

GWNF users

go to this thread in the Land Use forum here for information about pending Old Long Run closure. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=81279 Thanks
  18. S

GWNF users - VA MD DC

The Dry River District rangers are putting together a proposal to close Old Long Run, although this could be just the beginning of the closures , and this area of the country has few public trails at this point. The deadline is Friday, so a letter faxed, or e-mailed with comments would be a good...
  19. S

2dr dog legs??

Ive been searching for some repair panels and I cant find the repair panels for a 91-94 2dr that go between the door and the rear wheel well_ I think they are called dog legs. I have found many listings for 4dr panels, btu not for the 2dr. Anyone have a source or know where to get them- I...
  20. S

Transfercase shifter lever and body lift

Im contemplating a 1" body lift to my 91. Im wondering if anyone with a body lift has had any problems with the manual shifter for the transfer case. Any problems with the shift lever hitting the body pan at different shift settings- it doesnt look like there should be any problems but I...
  21. S

Battery Problems-weird

Back in Feb I installed a new red top optima in my navajo- replacing a 5 year old Trak Auto special. I drove the Navajo around Saturday with no problems before I left on a trip to VA beach with the family for a few days- I went out this afternoon to start the vehicle and its DEAD - 3 volts in...
  22. S

What else uses an A4LD? look:

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Im still trying to find some european bus uses behind a small diesel. Markets not doing much so Ive been researching tranny repairs. Have Fun.
  23. S

Superlift SOA - whats in the box?

Whats in the Superlift rear kit box- #1160 the 5.5" SOA brackets. I am going to SOA my axle, but it may be cheaper to get this kit and then weld the perch on rather than get a perch welded on,fab up shock mounts, lengthen the sway bar links and pick up new u-bolts. I like the shock placement...
  24. S

A4LD specs

http://www.fordpowerproducts.com/pdf/A4LD%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf Spec sheet from Ford Power Products some decent info about the trans- converter multiplication, gear ratios and torque capacities.
  25. S

TTB upgrades?

Well Im going to upgrade my lift in the next few months, taking out the 2 1/2" Rancho springs and replacing them with some 4" Skyjacker springs. Im also going to SOA the rear, and I was planning to reinforce the radius arm bracket while the fab guy is working on the rear... but now Ive been...
Back