Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Badspell68

A/C Works only on MAX-Air

The motor on my explorer's blend door worked, but...I discovered the gearing attached to the motor was all plastic and it had disintegrated. I was told the whole unit needed to be pulled and replaced for $1,200. So, I fixed the problem for free. Here is a link to the fix...
  2. Badspell68

Trouble Code - P0340 - Drive Shaft?

I'm getting a code P0340 = Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit. Is this a problem with the shaft or the sensor...or something else?
  3. Badspell68

Are there any true 4x4 AWD vehicles any longer?

I'm Looking for a true AWD vehicle, not 4wd, that performs like my 97 AWD 5.0 Explorer?
  4. Badspell68

Why would Ford indicate that this car cannot be driven for sustained periods of time in A4 or over 65mph? Does anyone know of AWD SUVs with the old non-crossover body?
  5. Badspell68

My 97 AWD Explorer is on its last leg ,so I'm looking for a new ford truck that has the same type of AWD my older Explorer has. New vehicles now seems to have 4x4 as a mode that you use when needed and the rest of the time you're intended to be in 2x4. I'm looking at an Expedition with this...
  6. Badspell68

Where to find gasket no-longer produced by ford?Where to find

WOW & thanks! Which one is it?
  7. Badspell68

Where to find gasket no-longer produced by ford?Where to find

97 XLT 5.0 AWD Anyone know were to find the gasket "circled in red"? The dealer informed me it is no-longer being produced.
  8. Badspell68

Can I do Rear Brakes Only?

I have the parts, Rotors and Pads, to do all four Wheels. But, it's only the rear pads that are totally gone. Can I simply do the rear and then replace the front when needed? By only doing the rear will this produce faster wear on the new rear rotors and pad?
  9. Badspell68

What tools will I needed for a brake Job?

How does this look? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emni0JQrn8U
  10. Badspell68

What settings should the Torque wrench be set to?
  11. Badspell68

What size Torque wrench? What type of battery powered wrench would remove the lugs easily?
  12. Badspell68

Anyone know of a clear video with step by step instruction for my truck?
  13. Badspell68

97 AWD XLT 5.0 I decided to invest the money into tools and take on doing my own brakes. I will be doing all 4 wheels, rotors and pads. What tools will I need for this job. Thanks!
  14. Badspell68

Oil Pressure Gauge problem

Anyone?
  15. Badspell68

Anyone ever see this?
  16. Badspell68

My Oil Pressure Gauge is on the other side of the Pin. The pin seems too tall for it to jump, so could it have gone backward? I checked the oil level and the car runs ok too. It happened after the batter died. I disconnected it and did a full recharge...I started the car and then noticed it...
  17. Badspell68

Charcoal canister above spare tire-What is it called?

What is the charcoal canister that filters the vapors bleeding off of the gas tank called...it is located above the spare-tire? The bracket holding the canister up needs replacing and I'm having trouble locating it on RockAuto.
  18. Badspell68

Remote Locking Key-Chain and Keypad are Not Working?

Any ideas what might be going on?
  19. Badspell68

Remote Locking Key-Chain and Keypad are Not Working?

The remote locking key-chain controlled locking device is not working. The electronic locks work when you use the buttons in the car. But the keypad on the drivers door and the key-chain remote have stopped working(the batteries are good). Is there a fuse for these two?
  20. Badspell68

Remote Starter?

Are these newer products compatible with an older 97 Explorer?
  21. Badspell68

Remote Starter?

?
  22. Badspell68

Remote Starter?

Anyone have recommendations for a Remote starter?
  23. Badspell68

AC compressor oil - What is it, does compressor need its own too?

97 5.0 AWD I'm about to install a new AC compressor. The new compressor I just purchased has a red tag on it indicating that I must ad oil to the compressor itself. I thought that the refrigerant had oil in it? Do I need to flush the system, ad new refrigerant, ad refrigerant oil, and then...
Back