Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Top end rebuild, '91 OHV, 95TM heads?

Thanks for the clarification on the cam pieces, Josh. I saw one of your earlier posts of scoring the heads; nicely done. I unfortunately don't have time on my side, my X is down which means the wife & I are fighting over the Suburban so I gotta get it fixed with what I can find at the moment...
  2. M

Aha! Found the post... Thanks to Pteepee69 this will make my order sheet easier. Irritating is that the 422 is MUCH cheaper than the 410 on Summit (probably because it's out of stock) but I still don't want to fiddle with an ECU program or having my truck lose it's placid behavior at idle, so...
  3. M

Thanks for the replies. Wil - I'll add the Timing Chain & guides to the list. I'd seen somewhere (that I now can't find) that Cloyes was the route to take. Interesting about the clutch C clips, I'll watch for that & shoot for the old hydroloc deal. I've mastered using that disconnect tool...
  4. M

After 270k miles of faithful service, my head gaskets have given up the ghost. The oil pan gasket is shot, and the clutch (original) needs replaced, so I'm going to pull the engine to clean up the gaskets and address the heads. I've run Mobil 1 for the past 19 years and the motor, other than...
  5. M

Rancho 2.5 inch lift install directions

...and the supplement...
  6. M

Rancho 2.5 inch lift install directions

Packrat that I am, I still have the installation instructions for the Rancho 2 1/2" lift (kit #8990 ) that I installed 16 years ago. Someone asked about it, so here it is for all to enjoy.
  7. M

Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion

My front end has generated an issue I can't track down, so I've got to sit this one out... Have fun, post lots of pictures.
  8. M

That's two of us wanting that info. I'm looking at driving in Saturday morning, moteling it Saturday night, then heading out after wheeling on Sunday.
  9. M

I need to start researching a place to shack up - looks as tho we're basing out of Leadville now, not Ouray? I'm good with that, just need to know where to book the hotel. :-)
  10. M

How To: Install Electric Fan WITHOUT going aftermarket (Let the PCM do the cooling!)

Ah man, what a tease! Stumbled on this thread trying to figure the best way to hook up my e-fan, spent 20 minutes reading through, and there's no happy ending?! So far the crummy Hayden thermo switch I bought appears to be the best bet...
  11. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

I've looked into a couple of generic routes, but none of them look like they belong on the truck. I really want to keep the spirit of the truck intact, and the stock fogs definatley look like they belong there, so that's what I'm chasing. Thanks for the thought tho.
  12. M

'97 V8 with 4406 and problems...

Digging around in the garage, I've found a whole slew of parts that I'd collected for my 4406 project. If any of those would help, lemme know! All of my peices were specific to the '97 model year, I remember that being important, at least for the GEM. Still have that F150 module, the switch...
  13. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

I thought I had a set - I found a fellow on eBay that had them, and actually sold me the set, to be shipped to FCAT just before he left for his trip to the States. A few days after the breaker accepted my money, he replied that he'd broken the fogs when removing them, so I was out of luck...
  14. M

Rear Fog Lamps

Hello, I need the rear fog lights and bezels/surrounds for a 1997 Ford Explorer. I believe these were the same from 1996 to 1999. Thank you.
  15. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

Great link, thanks! I've emailed them all (one vendor was on there a whole bunch of times) - hopefully someone has them. Thanks again!
  16. M

I'll sign up as a maybe, haven't done a Colors run in a few years so I'm due.
  17. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

I believe I'm running into a sourcing problem, where I am asking for a part from a bumper and most sources want to sell the whole bumper. That would be hard to fit in the overhead on a plane, so I'm still looking over the UK boneyards (breaker yards I think you call them?) to see what I can...
  18. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

I just saw him post that he was back online. :-) I didn't realize he was a breaker; I will hit him up immediately, thanks for the hint!
  19. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

Greeley is quite a bit north for sure!! I considered putting a set under the bumper, but they would never survive when I takee the truck offroad I'm afraid. My rear bumper actually already has the giant holes for the factory European fog lamps, but in the States they put reflectors in there...
  20. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

Thanks so much for the offer! Denver is about 10 minutes from me, that would be great!! I'll kick up my internet searches to see if I can source them, and see if I can purchase them and delivered within the UK. Thanks so much to both of you for the offers. Hopefully I can find these...
  21. M

'97 V8 with 4406 and problems...

So in the middle of this thread, the wife wrecked the '97, so after I fixed the bodywork I sold it and got her a Taurus X and abandoned the 4406 project. Don, did you ever get anywhere with the mod to the GEM, switch and all those goodies?
  22. M

Explorer Rear Fog Lamps

I'm trying to find a source for some rear fog lamps for a '97 Explorer. These are standard on '95 through '01 European Explorers, but I'm having a tough time finding someone that will sell to me and ship to the States (there's one on eBay, but the seller won't even respond to my inquiries)...
  23. M

Rear disc swap, front Ranger swap, stopping not that fabulous

Always a fun reminder of how poor the brakes are after a long time of driving a rental car that actually stops when you use the brake pedal... The pedal does change, it gets more a little more stiff, when I kill the motor. Nothing drastic. I haven't been able to change the feel of the pedal...
  24. M

Rear disc swap, front Ranger swap, stopping not that fabulous

Agreed, something is amiss. What is irritating is that it's not a new problem, the brakes were unimpressive before I did the MC and the front Ranger brakes, I was just expecting it to be better when I finished. I'm really starting to wonder if it's the booster. The cruise control thing - the...
Back