Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

misfire with codes once again

update::: I finally got the truck running good. I ended up changing the plug wires and had no luck still had the same issue. After that i decided to change one plug at a time to see if i get lucky. I had two old plugs that were good laying around and it was to late to go to the store to buy...
  2. V

Extreme shutter after steering rack installed

if you are sure that the lines are on right like mountaineergreen stated then its just air. It take a while for it to get out. Put it down off jack stands and turn it back and forth leaving the cap off. You might see alot of bulbbles. Thats all air. Keep working on it it will get out. Even...
  3. V

okay so get this...I get home and i start to look things over. First i take off the intake tube from the intake while the truck is running. Once i took it off the truck shuts off. Im thinking okay maybe the TPS. I get one screw off and the other i cant. So i sprayed intake cleaner holding the...
  4. V

JTSmith - I dont think i have a air intake temp sensor unless it is on the MAF sensor all in one. I have removed the intake tube hundred of times and the only thing that is connected to it is the MAF and filter at one end and the other right into the intake. I would have to see how many wires i...
  5. V

Thank you for the help but i need to ask a few STUPID questions... What is IAT? Reset the PCM connection? Where is that?? I wouldnt mind to change out all the dam 02 sensors. It does has 115000 miles and maybe its about time. Where would i be able to pick some up for a fair price but not...
  6. V

I have been posting a few threads on issues with misfire codes and running like crap a few months back. I assumed the issues were resolved with of course the help of fellow members of this board and i was happy but again the issue has arrived. Past issues just to bring everyone up to speed...
  7. V

Misfire

I think it is only fair to update this post for everyone in the future encountering the same issue and for the people that were helping me out know how it got resolved..... Two weeks ago i decided to look over the intake gaskets. I took off the intake and i noticed every bolt for the lower...
  8. V

Misfire

Sorry what i meant is it did ride ok for a 5 minute drive but the next morning SURPRISE i want to run like crap again. HAHAHA
  9. V

Misfire

Yes i agree that seafoam is strong and will cause failed plugs sooner then normal but that is not my problem. Like i stated in my last post i changed the plug with a different one that i had that i know is good and i still have the same issue. I am going to retourque the intakes don again and...
  10. V

Misfire

Some update... I changed out that ONE plug in cylinder 4 with a champion plug that i had and went for a quick ride around the block. it seems to run good. Of course i know the plugs all need to be the same and at the same gap but just trying to narrow it down. The code i got was P0304 misfire...
  11. V

Misfire

Let me make sure that everyone understands this.....When i start it up i get that 30-45 SECONDS of a mis then it goes away until i drive of course then random. Do you think it can be a bad plug or wires AGAIN causing this. I would think more of a sensor like the 02 sensors. I have 114K miles...
  12. V

Misfire

How can i test if a plug wire has a short? I had motorcraft plugs and wires and the plugs went bad so i went with autolites now the motorcraft wires might be bad. This just sucks.
  13. V

Misfire

I have a 2000 sport OHV 4.0 that is ONCE AGAIN running with a mis. I have asked on this forum when i first had the issue and I had nothing but great responses and i have to say thank you very much. It ended up being the upper and lower intake gaskets like people have stated. The truck ran...
  14. V

Missfire code and constant mis

I had the same problem and i went ahead and changed alot of things until i read a post about upper and lower intake gaskets which are common issues with the OHV motors. 5k miles later truck still runs fine.
  15. V

Hesitation/Bucking coasting at 35-40 MPH

I didnt see anyone ask but when was the last time you did a tuneup? Give it a complete tune up and go from there. Trust me a complete tune up will make a big difference the way your truck runs. :thumbsup:
  16. V

For $100 dollars....GUESS THAT SQUEAK!!!

Calipers are not a cheap and esy thing to change. I have to say what the others stated about pads or warped calipers. You have changed the pads from what you stated but did you ever change out your rotors?
  17. V

Sagging rear end?

You can also go to a mechanic and have the rear springs rearched. THere is a guy in my old neighborhood that just does suspension work. Springs, shocks front end work and what he will do is take the springs off and basically turn them upside down. Its hard to explain with out you seeing it...
  18. V

Question-got a noise!

Front Hub bearing. Do a search for hub bearing and you will read a lot about whinning noise related to hub bearings. That is what i would state it is. :)
  19. V

front wiper contact problems 2000 moutaineer

If you flip the wiper up facing the sky the spring will no longer have any tension on it and if you say its loose and wiggles tighten it. When you flip it up looking at the sky the bottom part that is connected to your truck will stay flat it has a small hinge on it. That part has a cover on...
  20. V

How do I know if I have the towing package?

So what rear must you have to have this tow package? I have 4.10 open rear what does that mean? I appreciate the info 1996XLT! :thumbsup:
  21. V

If it is the springs as you indicated most likely they will sell you the entire arm if it is at the dealer or junkyard. Good luck
  22. V

How do I know if I have the towing package?

What does this have to do with towing? Any way I had no trailer hitch and saw no wires hanging but i did have the ball on the bumper like you stated you have. I was told to do the same look behind the drivers side leaf spring and see if you have a red plug cap. It is a cap on a set of...
  23. V

If you are indicating that when the wiper hits the top part of the window it is not flat with the window just bend the arm a little bit. They are made of thin metal. Let me try to explain it a little better. Put one hand at the middle of the arm and the other one at the top where the wiper...
  24. V

4.0L OHV "X" motor advice/help needed

Well you didnt indicate those other issues in the first post so with that said you have two choices. One part it out and try to recoop some of the money or two sell it to someone that will use it for off road or demolition dirby. HAHA Good luck to what ever way you chose.
  25. V

4.0L OHV "X" motor advice/help needed

As it sounds you really dont have an idea what exactly is causing the noise and by changing this and that its going to run you money. I would go to the junk yard and get a low or at least decent mileage running motor and tranny and swap it out. That way you can also do a coolant flush and way...
Back