Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. johnny499

'98 mountaineer v8 hp44 sas soa on 35's

Hi there. Last year I bought this $600 beauty. This November i turned it into this beast. Last spring i did the BW4406 transfer case swap to be done with the AWD poo. Then i spent the summer collecting parts, narrowing the front axle and getting the gears set up. The list. Factory v8 212,000...
  2. johnny499

Mn Mountaineer V8 SAS

Last winter i bought a 98' mountaineer v8 awd for $600, repaired the pinched thermostat that caused the massive coolant leak. My plans are to do a SAS and SOA conversion. I have already done the BW4406 manual case conversion. Here is the rig currently. My plan is to do the following...
  3. johnny499

AWD to bw4406 or np205 opinions

Hi guy's I recently purchased a 98 mountaineer with a 5.0 and AWD. I want to convert it to a selectable transfer case. I am trying to decide between the bw4406 and the np205. Both have pro's and cons and I am trying to figure out which is the best choice. The np205: Is heavy Only has 1.96:1...
  4. johnny499

Mn Mountaineer

Hi There. I have followed many threads on the forum over the years and never really had much to contribute. I have been without a ranger for a daily driver for about six months for the first time since I was 18 years old. I didn't think I would miss it but I very much did. So I went on the hunt...
Back