Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

i have a 2004 explorer that stalls when i start it sometimes, and if it doesnt stall it almost does, and the rpms fluctuates from extremely low to over 1000 at idle, and when i press the gas pedal, it doesn't engage until i slam it down. quite annoying...i've been told i need a new IAC...
  2. R

where is the Idle Air Control Valve on 2004 explorer

yeah i'm having the same problem, its gotta have an IAC, i just bought one for an 04 explorer from advanced auto parts. let me know if you find it
  3. R

Need camber kit help!

yeah it hasn't done that since i got my new tires on. but it looks like there's no room for a camber kit or any further camber adjustment, i have no idea what a camber kit looks like and i dont think the pics on the websites are accurate. does anyone have a camber kit on their ex? if so can i...
  4. R

Need camber kit help!

jacked it up last night, didnt see anything suspicious. the only noise i hear is when i'm going 70+ my car starts to vibrate, and the faster i go the worse it gets. i know this is an alignment issue, but idk if it's a camber issue also.
  5. R

Need camber kit help!

well i don't have 1500 dollars.... :( whats an economically friendly solution?
  6. R

Need camber kit help!

no no no 700+ for camber kit and installation 1500 for all the suspension stuff i supposedly have to have or my wheels are going to fall off (not including camber kit) my friend told me his civic ball joints were pretty hard to replace, and his dad told me he replaced the balljoints on his...
  7. R

Need camber kit help!

hmm well thats funny you say that because top line tires said they couldn't align my wheels (this past week when i got my new tires on) because my "front end is about to fall off and the rear is pretty close" so he quoted me for 1500 dollars worth the suspension parts, ball joints, tie rods...
  8. R

Need camber kit help!

dude thats a sick m3, m3's and m6's are some of my favorite cars. thats gorgeous...
  9. R

Need camber kit help!

i'll try, but its lowered, so its kinda hard to get under there without jacking it up
  10. R

Need camber kit help!

well when i got my tires the first time i got them aligned the guy said everything was fine but 10 months later the inside of my tires are to the wires and the outside look brand new. what else would that be besides camber?
  11. R

Need camber kit help!

i guess that means that kit wont work lol
  12. R

Need camber kit help!

hmm that doesn't look like the camber kits i've seen for the explorers, this looks very simple and cheap. how much is this and where did you find it? well the only camber kit i can find is made by Eibach, which is a respectable brand but i cant tell if its just universal or actually made to...
  13. R

Need camber kit help!

i'm about to have to get new tires already because i didnt buy a camber kit when i lowered my ex. big 10 tires wants to charge me 50 bucks for the front and 50 for the back camber kit and then 150 to install it all. anyone know a cheaper route? i have no idea what a camber kit even looks like so...
  14. R

Rear applique cracked, anyone know where to get another online?

what do u mean by glass it? And I have no idea what certifit is...?
  15. R

Any suggestions on what to use besides bondo that would work better? I called my local ford dealership and asked what the part was called and he told me it's called an appliqué. He had to look up how to spell it lol.
  16. R

what exactly do you mean by this?
  17. R

wow, that's really weird that yours didnt crack, just expanded like that...thanks for all the info, i really appreciate it. as for the debadging, i watched that video, it doesnt look like it'd be hard at all to fill the dip where the ford emblem goes...sense bondo doesnt bond to plastic, is...
  18. R

good one! ...not! the only thing you get when you search google is forums of the same problem and dora the explorer applique's (i have no idea wtf that is though) i think i'm going to try junk yards
  19. R

scratch that, i dont like the 4th gen rear hatch, its all one piece, lame....i guess that solves the cracck problem though...
  20. R

idc about the ford emblem in the middle, that ***** coming off, im gonna debadge my ex, can you just pop the ford emblem out and bondo overe the hole to make it flush? then paint it? or would that be stupid?
  21. R

well where can i get a used 4th gen one or one online somewhere?
  22. R

my 04's rear applique, the plastic piece with the ford emblem in the middle under the rear window, cracked...just like the majority of explorers. why there's still no recall, i dont know. but anyways, i dont want to pay ford to give me an over priced piece of plastic that's just going to break...
  23. R

LED 3rd brake light for 02-05 Explorer?

yes it has the billet grill upper and lower, i bought a package off ebay that included both, it was under $200 i believe. no cutting/drilling for the upper one, just has 4 simple screws, very easy. lower is slightly more difficult but not even that bad. took me a couple hours to install both...
  24. R

hey guys, sorry it took me so long to reply. buff.explorerguy: the engines look eactly the same but the MAF is completely different, its hard to explain, but if you had my k&n up next to yours, it wouldnt look right. when i bought my CAI they actually sent me the one for the 04-05 model and...
  25. R

yeah there were only a couple on ebay when i got mine, i jus searched ebay and couldn't find any, try google. they dont make halo/projector headlights, they do however make halo projector fog lights, which i have. i had a cold air intake on my 02 ex but it doesnt fit the 04 ex. if you have an...
Back