Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

2001 Sport Foglights

Ive been reading posts about how u can run a jumper on your foglight relay to make them stay on with your highbeams but unfortunatly the sport is wired different somehow, and was wondering if anyone had a fix for this or has figured it out?? any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. 0

Missing door unlock spring

Hey just wondering what exactly that spring is hooked to in the back? ive taken mine apart also to fix the same problem but cant figure it out?
  3. 0

01 Explorer Sport Rough Cold Idle

I had the same problem last year with my sportwhen it got cold. I changed the upper o-rings on the intake and it fixed it right up, no more bad idle at start up.
  4. 0

add-a-leaf and body lift

Yes the 2001 sports do use a multi leaf pack.
  5. 0

Timing chain?

my damn exploder is getting fixed right now because of that rattling chain at 2500rpm, but the top recalled tensioner would only rattle at initial startup. i guess if you listen closely at idle u might hear a tick, very faintly.
  6. 0

Upper chain guide rip off ??

Ya up here in the great north you can buy a used vehicle warranty for only a couple hundred dollars, but in this case its worth it. It seems like they do good work and ive stayed their and watched them sometimes. they also have the tool to align and hold the cams, since they do it so often lol...
  7. 0

I guess ill just have to deal with it. Just found out another dealer wants 200+ for the same "cassette". Ill suck it up and cry later, but its not too bad the warrantys covering all 1200 dollars of labour..lol, i hust hafta pay for the parts. The stealership also said the engine will never run...
  8. 0

Question about Hydraulic tensioners...

Hey tmh6202 post up some pics, would be greatly apreciated.
  9. 0

Yes you are right, the entire assembly is called a cassette, as i learned from the stealership, hence the reason they want 140 some odd dollars for it. Damn idiots. Anyway i would like to know if anybody sells just the plastic guide, not the entire assembly ?? Thats the only thing thats messed.
  10. 0

Thanks CDW6212R u seem to be quite knowledgable on all this crap. So they call that plastic guide a "cassette" ?? and also can u replace this "cassette" from the top without tearing down the front end?? again.
  11. 0

I know most of you guys are familiar with the upper chain tensioner recall on all of the 4.0 sohc, well im in the process of getting mine done, when my mechanic tells me the plastic guide it pushes on is messed also. He says the guide is 150 bucks... Does this sound right ? I paid only a hundred...
  12. 0

-Your Explorer-

1. 2001 sport 4wd 4.0 SOHC 2. 6300 cdn sept 06 (I guess i got a deal?) 3. 144 000 4. 156 000 I surely love it more now that ive found this site props guys:salute:
  13. 0

Rusty Running boards

Ive searched everywhere on this site before asking any questions, but here it goes. Planning on repainting my running boards but am wondering how in the hell do you get the middle plastic step piece away from the running board itself, any help would be greatly appreciated.
  14. 0

Need Help 2000 XLT Check Engine Light, Misfire codes

how does it idle when cold ?? if its like crap then check the intake orings. those are the same codes i had also crappy idle and or no idle until i changed the orings.
  15. 0

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Ya mines a 4WD, I hope its the same because the one piece buggers are expense. My bearings are starting to go but im gonna wait till this canadian weather warms up a bit before doing it outside!!
  16. 0

Timing chain question

Ya the 00m12 recall kit comes with lower intake o-rings and plenum o-rings, I installed mine last week and it idles awesome now, where as before it would not idle at all in this -25 degree canadian weather. The kit also comes with the front tensioner, oil gallery stick and some plug and washer...
  17. 0

Timing chain question

Ya i guess a rattle would better describe the symptom.
  18. 0

Oil filter removal tool...HELP

I used to be diehard to change my oil myself on all my cars since i was a kid, but realized its a hell of alot easier (especially in the snow) and alot cheaper in the end just to take the damn thing somewhere to get it changed. Most places here in canada are like 25 bucks?
  19. 0

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Yes id also like to know if its the same for a 2001 sport. I think it might be a one piece hub with the brake disc also though????
  20. 0

Timing chain question

Thanks bpopp, does anyone else think that this tick is caused by the recalled timing chain tensioner?? Would hate to waste my money if it wasnt!!
  21. 0

Timing chain question

Does anyone have any input??
  22. 0

Timing chain question

Hey guys im new to this awesome site but am looking for a couple answers regarding the timing chain "tick" as they call it. Ive got an 01 sport with the SOHC 4.0 and at exactly 2500 rpm it "ticks" or almost sounds like an exhaust leak. Ive Bought the 00m12 recall kit and installed the new...
  23. 0

spare tire, explorer sport 2001

Ya ive got an 01 sport and the rod and equip is under the carpet behind the rear seats (just tug hard). Then insert rod in hole in rear bumper and rotate with the iron, hope this helps ya out.
  24. 0

Thanks

Just wanted to give props to the guys who recomended the 00m12 recall kit replacement for crappy idling and not running properly, it has saved me alot of grief, and money :salute:
  25. 0

Issue with Cold Starts, SOHC ??

Is the engine stalling also?? My 2001 does the same thing and from what ive gathered from this awsome site is the intake gaskets and or recall kit 00m12, which includes the gaskets.
Back