Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

How To: Install aftermarket sub with stock enclosure in non-factory sub 2nd Gen Ex

Just wanted to come here and thank you once again, this morning I went at it, and took part the whole thing. Disconnected the wires from the factory amp, connected the bypass harness, ran the wires under the carpet in the trunk, to the pillars by the passenger side. Note: when running the wires...
  2. X

How To: Install aftermarket sub with stock enclosure in non-factory sub 2nd Gen Ex

Holy **** dude, thank you so much for those pictures. I am going to bypass my factory amp this weekend and these pictures ARE BETTER THAN NOTHING! Now I know how to where to run the wires from the headunit to where the amp is. I already got an bypass harness. Oh man. Thanks!
  3. X

Bypass the factory amp or stick with it?

I've installed a new head-unit on my 97, without the JBL audio system but with the AUTO button on the factory unit. This meant I have to bypass the amp that is the rear of the vechicle. I connected the new JVC headunit via the harness that connects to the factory amp and distrubutes sound that...
  4. X

How to install an aftermarket deck into a 1995-1997 Ex with external amp

I'm already using an harness that integrates the factory amp with the new receiver. The factory amp is horrible and won't take advantage of the new speakers. I don't think running wires from the head unit to the speakers is an good idea, that's also a lot of wiring to do. I'm going to tackle...
  5. X

How to install an aftermarket deck into a 1995-1997 Ex with external amp

Any guides on how to bypass the factory amp? I have no idea how to run the wires from the back of the explorer to the front to the dashboard. Thanks
  6. X

Another Amp bypass question

I have the 97 Explorer with the Premium system w/ the 6 cd changer. Recently I've brought a new headunit because the factory one was giving out and the cd's wouldn't play anymore. I got both the harnesses that integrate into the factory amp in the back and harness that bypasses it. As of now...
  7. X

MPG recently dropped- EGR code.

I swear this EGR has been driving me nuts, I've changed the pipe that goes from the EGR to the Exhaust manifold and now the green vacuum line broke (literally broke like plastic, I thought it was some sort of rubber) that connects to the EGR. Now tomorrow I'm going to go get that line and order...
  8. X

RockAuto.com closeout prices 1996 Explorer

No DPFE sensors.... I was wishing I could grab a good deal from them.
  9. X

EGR Vacuum & Engine Idle

I've replaced the tube for the EGR and still no change in idle, its still rough and the exhaust sounds as if its misfiring, I'm still getting the p0402 code. I've cleaned the mass air flow as well and seen much improvement in the acceleration but idle is still rough. But once I take off the...
  10. X

EGR Vacuum & Engine Idle

Thanks for the reply, tomorrow, I'll clean up the MAF and install the new EGR tube, afterwards, if the problem persists, then DPFE it is.
  11. X

EGR Vacuum & Engine Idle

Yesterday, I went ahead and cleaned out the IAC w/ electrical cleaner, cleaned up the throttle body (lots of carbon buildup), and didn't bother with the MAF (will do after replacing EGR Tube) and replaced the EGR valve, the valve wouldn't come off, so while trying to take it off, I ripped off...
  12. X

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

Anything soon? I'm in Brooklyn, so the drive to long island won't be a problem. I'm all stock with running boards. I wanna get some mud on this though. It's been a street car for too long.
  13. X

Cleaning EGR and other maintance

Thanks for the reply. There's no way I could clean it up? Before buying a new one? Also I seen one go for $28 on rockauto.com, would that be good enough? Also I've attached a picture to show the two holes. Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  14. X

Cleaning EGR and other maintance

I've had this EGR malfunctioning for quite a while now, and now I'm going to take action and finally fix it because the truck in the morning with it's hesitation, lack of power, rpm dipps is getting bad as well as the gas economy. The EGR value seems stuck, dirty or just worn out, I'm not able...
  15. X

Causes of needing a wheel aligment

Both, if possible, without the need for special tools. Thanks
  16. X

Thanks for the informative replys. I did have the car pull to the right before the alignment so much that after a couple minutes of driving, you'd feel your arm going weak like after a workout. Now on smooth roads driving at 60mph there is no pull unless the road has a crown and uts much easier...
  17. X

Slow cranking/radio reset on cold days

I'd say bad battery as well. Seen the same thing happen to me in the summer with temperatures over 110*F and on a VW Jetta this week, with 20*F weather here in NYC.
  18. X

Thanks for the reply. Also I have the tires from before I got the wheel alignment, if you look you can see the wear on the inside of the tires. I've been driving them for a month now after the wheel alignment, would there be anything wrong with driving them? And also how can I tell if it's been...
  19. X

I had my upper control arms, and lower ball joints replaced, the mechanic told me to get a wheel aligment, got it a month later after I seen uneven wear on the front tires. Paid about $75 for it, was done with the "Hawk Eye Technology" and its alright and doesn't pull to the right unless the...
  20. X

Random coolant leaks

This has been going on since the summer. I've constantly been checking the coolant levels and topping it off but its leaking randomly. Whenever the car comes to a full stop, even when the engine is running, there will be a coolant leak. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it won't. It seems to be...
  21. X

Sputtering after hard acceleration

It happened just last night, after cruising at 50mph on the highway, I decided to go head to head with a "riced up civic" I punched the gas pedal, sped up to about 80mph and blow the civic away :roll: but I noticed the engine misfiring right after. I got off the exit, and when I come to...
  22. X

Solved 4x4 High Low Light Keeps Blinking....

Would this also happen if the battery dead and has enougj charge to listen to the radio and light up the dashboard? What happened was the ex was parked after driving in very hot day with a/c on and parked for 2 hours wouldnt start anymore. Even with a jump, it wouldnt start. Now i am waiting...
  23. X

Coolant leak when parked

There's leaks now, that the weather is warm again. Coolant started leaking a few days ago, I taught since I topped off the coolant, it's probably getting rid of the excess in the radiator. No worry but this has been going on for 4 days now and the coolant reservoir is almost empty. I've only...
  24. X

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

Hey Blazepet, I'm in Brooklyn, next time you go out 4wheeling lett me know via PM or email! Really want to go 4wheeling with my EX. Just don't want to do it alone incase I get stuck or have it breakdown. :)
Back