Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How to: Clearing Airbag codes

Airbag Code clear Code 52 is loss of power to the airbag system such as a disconnected or dead battery. So if you ran your battery down or disconnected the battery, it will give you a Code 52. All you have to do is remove the right kick panel and you will see the airbag computer. On the...
  2. T

How to: Clearing Airbag codes

You would think that fixing air bag problems was some sort of trade secret...VERY FEW people will give you information on them. I checked my local parts stores for advice (NAPA, AutoZone, Advance, O'Rielly) The common answer is "take it to a dealer" because people are afraid of setting off the...
  3. T

95 Ranger 4x4 problem

Front Diff removal Yes, I got the front diff off. I have been searching local parts stores for bearing and seal kits. I am actually debating on going to a different carrier for the diff. instead of the open carrier that is currently in there. Is there such thing as an in-expensive locker...
  4. T

Dana 35 front Diff problem

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am kinda stupid when it comes to differentials. Mainly just because this is the first one I have done. Truth be told, I am getting a crash course in 4x4 repair. The components on my Ranger is a DANA 35 IFS with auto-locking hubs. The gear ratio is 3.73:1 (41 ring...
  5. T

95 Ranger 4x4 problem

This is my first rebuild of a front diff. I admit I do not know much about an open diff. The tires were on the ground the first time I spun the front driveshaft by hand, but not on the ground when I spun the front driveshaft after I had jacked up the front and removed both tires. Niether...
  6. T

95 Ranger 4x4 problem

I recently got home after using my 4-Hi and noticed that the left autolocking hub had desentigrated. Half of it was missing. I went ahead and replaced the auto hub, but the 4x4 wouldn't engage. Tonight I finally got around to pulling the passenger wheel off only to find that the right hub was...
Back