Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

VT ECX?

Yea, that was me. The green 1st generation with roofrack and 31s is sc4wda XLT. He's also an ECX member and goes to VT.
  2. N

Urban legend or not: Self-burned CDs damage CD players?

shakira is great as long as you can watch the video with the music, heh
  3. N

Hidden Hitch Redesigned it!

Yep, just 4 bolts. I got mine from hitches4less.com but it looks like you found a better price.
  4. N

Parking lights/fog lights

congrats, i'm glad the pics have been helpful
  5. N

98 Sport, brakes squeal

Could be the dust seal on the front axle. They made a loud squeak during cold weather on my 98 and had to be replaced by ford. Do a search for about it and you'll get some more info.
  6. N

noise on take off

I'm almost certain that the problem is the dust seals. I had the same problem and it didn't stop until ford replaced them, which wasn't covered by my warrenty. It appears to be a fairly common problem. Do a search and you can find some more info about it.
  7. N

PIAA 1500 Wiring Help

I was just rewiring my piaa 1500s a few minutes ago. One of the bulbs blew and i decided to change to 100 watt bulbs and replace all the wiring. Anyway...heres what you need to do. To use the factory switch to control the lights, connect the factory fog light power wire to the positive coil...
  8. N

after TT & shackles

it looks like the explorer changed colors on ya :)......the lift looks good though
  9. N

Overdrive Shift Question

ha, thats true about putting it in reverse :rolleyes:
  10. N

4.0 SOHC

I saw that ad for the EE supercharger at the end of July. I would love to have it, but its just not worth the money. I've done the exact same performance mods as 98FordX24 and been happy with the performace from the SOHC. At least the supercharges gives us SOHC guys something to dream about.
  11. N

Clarion Camoflage Subwoofer

I bought one of those of ebay about a year ago cause it was a really good deal. I sold it because it wasn't anywhere close to enough bass for me, but that could be expected. I don't think it sounded any better than the stock sub that came with the Mach stereo. If you don't have the stock sub...
  12. N

Fog Lights w/ Parking Driving me Nuts HELP!

I'm in VA and I drive with just my fogs and parking lights all the time. I passed my NC saftey inspection and drive by cops with the lights on. Nobody has ever said anything about it being illegal.
  13. N

I did the same thing taxxman said to do in his instructions. If you do this it'll work...
  14. N

these might help... Here's some pictures i took when i did this a few months ago. I just found somewhere to host them, so hopefully they'll show up now.
  15. N

If your 4WD switch looks like this AUTO, 4HI, 4LO then...

Thanks for the pic, Jason. I've been wondering about that brown wire for a while now. Looks like i've got a new project. :)
  16. N

question for everyone with a "stealth box"

Hey mike, i'll buy that cover from you if tbomb doesn't want it. I've been using a piece of a grey tshirt to cover mine, and its just not working out.
  17. N

Aftermarket sub & amp with factory Mach HU

They are speaker-level inputs from what I understand. I ran new wires from the headunit when i put in an aftermarket amp and sub. You might can experiment with the factory amp wiring to get it working, but you'll probably have better results if you just run new wires.
  18. N

Aftermarket sub & amp with factory Mach HU

here ya go... Dead Link Removed
  19. N

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

How do you make the guages so the warning lights don't show the whole time? It looks like they are all lit up when I print them.
  20. N

Fog Light Modification Question?

Here ya go... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=31137 I have some pictures of how to do it as well, but i don't have anyway to post them. Email me and I'll be glad to send them to ya.
  21. N

It didn't occur to me to cut and retape the sleeve to run the wire inside. I may have to do that sometime later if I have some time. Mine has a separate wire running from the relay to the parking light power wire.
  22. N

I made the same modification a little more than a month ago and haven't had a single problem. I don't think you need to worry about anything.
  23. N

power antenna rattle

My power antenna only makes a grinding sound when it is supposed to go up or down. It stays up all the time now. I'd also be interested in knowing if there is a way to fix this.
  24. N

MTX Thunderform vs. JL Audio Stealthbox/Vantage

I don't think the W3 will fit in the JL box without modifications. I've got a W0 in a JL box now and it sounds good, although I'm somewhat dissapointed that it's not louder for the amout of money I spent. It can still make my mirrors shake and takes up no space, so I'm happy with it overall...
  25. N

ECX Uwharrie NF Trail Report May 10-11

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Sorry I couldn't make it. Apparently I wouldn't have made it in my explorer anyway.
Back