Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

91 EB Explorer. (Project X) the never ending money pit.

and i just noticed the name of yours. seems i took your name and didnt realize it. hmmmm....
  2. C

whoops. yea that was mine. lol. i forgot i posted that.
  3. C

been awhile since i posted. heres a few updates. My explorer has been sitting for almost 2 years. I sunk it in a mud hole that was way to deep for me to attempt. Needless to say, i had water at the top of the dash. camera got drowned so i had no pics. Engine and trans full of water is never a...
  4. C

Sunk the Ranger

I think he bought those back in 2000 but didnt start using them till here recently. got them from our local co-op.
  5. C

Sunk the Ranger

yea they are gateway buckshots. bias-ply. very good pulling tire.
  6. C

Sunk the Ranger

My cousin 89 Ranger. Just got done workin on it the night before this. We put in a d35 explorer front end and he had to try it out. Should have had a snorkel haha. It also has explorer rearend. 3.73 trac-lok. 4.0 swap with a 5 speed. 37 inch buckshots. he drowned the engine. kept tryin to crank...
  7. C

New ORV park in Alabama

Not to mention, they had a big event august 21st. ROCKFEST 2010. It was awesome. well over 1000 attended. they are planning to have another large event similar to that sometime in october i believe. On the website it will tell you the next opening day. ENJOY.
  8. C

New ORV park in Alabama

Thought id let everyone know, if you like rock crawlin or muddin, theres a new orv park in Auburn Alabama. named The Great American Park. Check out their website. http://www.thegreatamericanpark.comand they also have a facebook group page where everyone else posts their pics, to me theres a few...
  9. C

Explorer on 54's

theres a few other videos of it on there to. and yea that is nice. if you look close the explorer body looks to be sittin on a different frame.
  10. C

Explorer on 54's

found this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlroWLMD_c
  11. C

Lift questions

i have a 91 4door that has the 2 inch coils up front and 2 inch shackles in the back with a 3 inch bodylift with 33-12.50/15 groundhawgs and they scrub when i turn. if im flexed it scrubs the edge of the fender but hasnt done any damage yet. 35s? i doubt will fit on mine. majority of what i do...
  12. C

Spout connecter?

ohh. well i wasnt sure if it had one or not. so none of the dis engines have them?
  13. C

Spout connecter?

well its a small connector, has 2 wires goin into it and the little thing you pull out just makes it connect at all times. has something to do with setting base timing. also makes the computer run in open loop where the engine runs off preset parameters in the computer. or is that closed loop? i...
  14. C

Spout connecter?

my cousin has a 2001 ranger 4wd with the 4.0 sohc. he is looking for the spout connecter and cant find it. does this year model have that and if so where is it located?
  15. C

Hi everyone , first post .

umm i have a 91 explorer with an a4ld and i dont think it has any solenoids. my trans harness has damaged connecters so its not even connected and i havent had any trouble with it.
  16. C

custom lift

i got the same setup on a 91 4x4 and 35s wont even go on it. 33s scrub my fender wells when i turn.
  17. C

Dana 44 ttb in Explorer?

Broncos and F150s have ttb dana 44's. i was wondering the same.
  18. C

93 Ford Explorer Sport-Gas Gauge not working

My gas gauge quit workin one day then went back to working about 2 weeks later. replaced the sending unit and it still dont work. i can fill it up and the gauge shows a quarter tank. then when it gets down to a quarter it will drop to empty. traced wires and everything and couldnt find any other...
  19. C

Anyone use these Xenon fake-HID bulbs?

I had a similar set. They do give you the hid look but no where near as bright. My stock headlight bulbs were brighter. I ended up gettin Slvania Silverstars.
  20. C

Comment by 'Clutch1819' in media 'Ramping after SAS'

wasnt a pic of this explorer featured in readers rides of petersons 4wheel off road?
  21. C

1998 5.0L differences

oh ok. well im startin on that project tomorrow morning. putting it in a 91. should be fun.
  22. C

1998 5.0L differences

quick question. I jus bought a 5.0 from a 96 explorer. says GT on the heads. would that be gt40p or what?
  23. C

please help!! front end "pop" in 4x4

I have a 91 with the same problem. but on the driverside. someone told me it was the auto hubs doin that. after stripping out about 3 sets i finally bought the warn manual hubs and it doesnt do it anymore.
  24. C

Questions about pulling an A4LD

you will have to take the starter out and take off the torque converter nuts. then the exhaust down pipe that comes under the transmission will have to be removed also.
  25. C

Ranger axle code?

appreciate that. He was wondering what gears it had. Its got 5 inches lift with some 33s under it. its nice
Back