Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. greydawg

Anyone have experience with this product?

I am looking for ways to install aux electric senders for gauges such as oil pressure/temp and water temp. Has anyone used these products? http://www.deftracing.com/prosport_gauges/index_prosport_oil_gauge_adaptor_plate.htm
  2. greydawg

Condesation in head lamp lens

Found other posts with the info I needed. Sorry.
  3. greydawg

Flying, could you explain where and how big holes are drilled? Drill from under hood so holes are out of the weather? thanks.
  4. greydawg

Could you describe in more detail where and what size hole to drill in headlight to solve condensation? Thanks.
  5. greydawg

Removed running boards left holey rockers

So, bed liner on the rockers it is. Spray on or roll/brush on? Herculiner or other? What have you tried? Anyone applied bed liner over chrome? If so, what prep steps?
  6. greydawg

Thanks for the input. What I meant by taping the inside was the lower set of holes at the very bottom of the rocker. These are accessible at both sides. My thought on taping over then applying bed liner was the durability. Some brands of bed liner say to use only over factory paint. Using...
  7. greydawg

Found post by Mounty09 from last year where he taped over the holes then covered with bed liner. My question is, tape over the outside or inside? It seems taping the back would give cleaner results? Any one else have ideas to fill/cover the holes (both sets) prior to covering with bed liner?
  8. greydawg

Maf adaptor

I bought a 70mm 5.0 maf for my 94 X. It bolted up to stock air box. Have since added 66mm BBK TB and KKM cone filter with homemade 3 inch pipe between.
  9. greydawg

A4LD slips when cold

Hi Billz, Not a lot to add at this point. I did pump out some fluid and re-fill as close to the full marker as possible. Did not notice any real improvement overall, but shifting was better than when a little low. I have learned that a warm-up (5-8 mins) prior to driving does help a lot...
  10. greydawg

A4LD slips when cold

Update on tranny shifting problem. Read a post about A4LDs being finicky about fluid levels (sorry, don't remember the poster). As previously stated, all my efforts to improve shifting seemed to make things worse. Well, one common denominator in my work was chances to change fluid level...
  11. greydawg

Best seat of the pants mod

Your point is well made, Spdrcer. One thing I have learned on this forum is that there are no shortage of opinions and most folks have their own slant on what "the best" mod is. Perhaps I should have not made such a broad statement as I have obviously not made every mod discussed on this...
  12. greydawg

Off Topic but hear me out.

Any diesel guys also own X's? My second rig/hauler is 82 GMC full size 4x4 with 6.2L diesel. Changed glow plugs yesterday, prepping for cold weather. One didn't want to come out. Bent or otherwise damaged. Tried to blow it out by hitting starter, no go. Grabbed with pliers and pulled, no go...
  13. greydawg

Best seat of the pants mod

I have done much more reading than writing. See my sig for mods done mostly based on info on this forum. My opinion on best "seat of the pants" mod found on this forum is the BBK TB. Caveat: at the same time I added new TPS after reading about problems removing TPS from stock TB. Also...
  14. greydawg

A4LD slips when cold

Modulator shows no obvious signs Checked the modulator today. Pulled vacuum line and found it dry, no tranny fluid in the line. Started the motor and found good vacuum at the line. Can the modulator be bad without leaking fluid?
  15. greydawg

A4LD slips when cold

Thanks for the input. Thanks Bad and Brooklyn, for the input. Problem seems to vary from day to day and with the air temp. I am not looking forward to the cold winter. I now have some more things to look at: modulator, govenor.
  16. greydawg

A4LD slips when cold

Question? Anybody out there?
  17. greydawg

A4LD slips when cold

A4LD tranny problem. Tranny slips when cold, most often not engaging in low (reverse is fine; so far no issues at all in reverse). Sometimes problems from 1st to second. Usually when warm operates normally, though occasionally will slip. I have dropped tranny pan, replaced filter, cleans thin...
  18. greydawg

Potential Explorer owner.

One more question. I noticed that the 94 I am looking at has only a 5 digit odometer that reads 34xxx. Dealer is saying 134,x... Pictures I see on Autotrader of 94 Explorers show 6 digit odometers. Any thoughts?
  19. greydawg

94 is stone stock. Dealer is charging near the market in this area. I have looked at one private party 92 with 3250 asking that was total crap. I would pay 4000 based on what I have seen in this area, as it is relatively rust-free and interior is clean with no rips/tears or excess wear on...
  20. greydawg

Asking price is $4,000. Negotiations ongoing.
  21. greydawg

Hello, I am a newbie to both this forum and Explorers. Actually, I don't own an Explorer yet, but am looking hard at one to buy. It is a 94 XLT 4 door 4x4 with little body rust but some under body. It has 134,x.. miles and one ouch on the passenger side between the front door and front...
Back