Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Diag. Codes P303 & P305

Greetings All! My 97 Sport Manual Graphite interior seats need new two tone fabric recovering. Does anyone have fabric code knowledge? I think the factory codes are possibly 5132, 5134, and 5137. Any ideas? Have a super day! Will
  2. W

Diag. Codes P303 & P305

Thank you! Is that the sensor at the bottom end of the serpentine belt? You just made me think of something. Over the past few months I'd had radiator fluid leaking problems. I'm wondering if that messed something up. The weird thing about all this nonsense was it happened almost immediately...
  3. W

Diag. Codes P303 & P305

1997 Ford Explorer Sport - CEL P303 P 305 P306 Well my little ******* that's been behaving so well the last few months has set the CEL with these codes yesterday. I think it was only P303 at first when I checked it out. This happened to me once before. I reset it and then again today was set...
  4. W

code po303 your thoughts

Greetings, My 97 Explorer Sport threw the P0303 code also and it was a fouled plug; passenger side rear cylinder. A new plug and CEL reset and was good to go again! regards, Will
  5. W

CA - Cannot Pass Smog with Code 155!

20121018 - The culprit was the wiring harness as thought below. It's all fixed now and running like a Champ! Greetings! My lil 1997 Ford Explorer Sport Manual v6 OHV with a persistent CEL code of 155. I need help! It won't go away no matter what I do. Initially I got a code for the rear...
  6. W

Grinding noise in clutch

1997 Sport Manual 2x2 Major Clutch Grinding&Slipping Problem Greetings, So I'm driving along on the freeway yesterday and downshifted to exit, not hard, and heard this awful 'jump jerk' noise then grinding/slipping noises. So I pull into a gas staion, look underneath by the transmission and...
  7. W

#3 cylinder misfire

It was the damn Ford Motorcraft sparkplug that was only about three months old! It looked like it was fouled and burned. I reset the CEL with my little computer and so far <knock knock> no more problems. YAHOO! I would have been totally bummed if it had been the manifold gasket.
  8. W

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

Greetings from SoCal. Just be sure to disconnect the battery Sir. The replacements are kind of stiff as they are thick silicone/plastic....Cheers! Will
  9. W

#3 cylinder misfire

Uh oh, this just happened to me and the check engine light was blinking! Sure enough, code 303. WAHHHHHHHHHHH!
  10. W

Hey I did it per the instructions and photos that were posted on this thread. It worked exactly right! I wasn't too cool on messing around with a live airbag assembly though but was very careful. I even stuck the key in and turned the electric back on from the passengers side, arm extended, LOL...
  11. W

Damn You're Brave! Greetings! I just went out to look at how to replace these things and once I saw the airbag assembly needed to come out I was thinking to myself, 'Oh Hell No'! But now that I've read your article I'm a tad more confident to do it. Thankxs for the procedure and pictures to do...
  12. W

Manual transmission issue. It's very difficult shifting into gears.

Shifty Shifting Resolution! Greetings! Ok they fixed my truck after ten days in the shop. As it turns out the slave cylinder was the culprit! Dammit! It just wasn't working properly albeit it was not leaking and did not show any malfunction signs. Everything else was checked again and replaced...
  13. W

Manual transmission issue. It's very difficult shifting into gears.

Same @#$%^ Shifting issues Greetings, I have exactly the same issues even with a new clutch just installed and the internals check out. It's a beast to get into gear when it doesn't want to go; warmed up. The transmission guys said everything looks good, gears and all. And there was no evidence...
  14. W

trouble code 446

EEC - Code 446 Greetings, Ford said they 'reset' my EEC and it was ok after that. I'm not exactly sure what they meant by 'reset'. I believe it was something to do with a software reset. regards, Will
  15. W

l

l
  16. W

trouble code 446

Code 446 Greetings, My code reader says 0446 is EEC vent control circuit malfunction. I have it now too showing on mine. But what to replace? Ford wants $80 just to tell you the diagonstics =o( No way!!:thumbdwn: One Furious Willie
Back