Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

1st Gen Timing Chain Replacement

Usually the life of the engine. They have a hydraulic tensioner that's pressurized by the engine oil to take up the slack. I picked up a 95 Ex dirt cheap with 75k miles with the key sheared off the cam sprocket.... so going by just the 4.0Ls I've owned, you've got a 1 in 10 chance of it...
  2. S

1997 Rear Bumper Removal at Junkyard - advice needed

It never hurts to throw money at the guy working in a junkyard... It only cost me $10 for the loader operator to flip a Ranger on its roof, so I didn't have to crawl under it to pull the trans. Bring them a cold drink on a hot day, they'll pull any part you want and carry it to your truck for you.
  3. S

diesel

My garage. :bounce:
  4. S

1997 Rear Bumper Removal at Junkyard - advice needed

It looks like your in Brooklyn. There's a guy in greenwood lake, NY parting out a '96 on Craigslist. That should be just over an hour away from you.
  5. S

Stic-o's new "Comuter" '15 Focus ST

Nice. If I didn't need a truck, I would have bought the same car instead of my F150.
  6. S

One Way to Save a First Gen: A4LD to 5R55E Swap (Completed)

A 95 Explorer would have a 4r55e, not a 4r44e. The trans would bolt up, so would the torque converter. Even if you got the electronics to work out (which I don't really see a problem making it work.), you may have issues with the stall speed in the converter. They are usually somewhat matched...
  7. S

Am I being scammed?

Lay under the front of the truck... Look up at the front of the engine. Is it wet? Then yes, you have a leak. Is it dry? Then no, it's not leaking. It's very likely you have a slight leak, that won't leak enough to even drip on the ground. You do check your oil level regularly, right?
  8. S

bw1354 swap

First off, it may be a thread revival, but its still the same topic... It's all good. To answer your questions in order: Yes,it will work on your 97 SUCK. Benefits... Full manual control of your 4wd If all you want is a true 2wd and dont have a problem with the electric shift, look...
  9. S

possible to tune a 95 obd1 ohv?

They were more like an OBD 1-1/2. The engine is EEC-IV. The body is OBDII. You can't communicate with the ECM through the OBDII port.
  10. S

programing 3rd pats key with 2 programed

IF they didn't hook the truck up to a laptop... You got a cloned key. That's not a big deal until you try to program another key. Technically the vehicle is programmed to the key. The key puts out a signal, the vehicle accepts it, and allows it to start. When you program a new key, you are...
  11. S

programing 3rd pats key with 2 programed

It's one of 2 things... -You're at the max number of keys. (No the dealer can't raise the limit.) -Your second key is a duplicated key, not a second program. ( you can't program a new key without 2 different programmed keys.)
  12. S

Mercedes will offer a truck

Actually, It's based off a Nissan chassis according to Mercedes... But what do they know.
  13. S

"Just Live With It"

To each his own. I personally don't want to work on my daily driver and I have the luxury of being able to afford it. I went out and leased a 2015 F150 Lariat. I still have my toys though (89 Supercoupe, 94 Cobra, 95 Explorer getting a Cummins 4BT, 94 Ex Limited on 35s). Yes I may have a...
  14. S

New Head Unit Radio Pop

To get rid of the pop noise, try a PAC SNI-1. I know it sounds strange, they are usually used for humming or whining... I've seen it work.
  15. S

i need torsion bar help!!!!!

I always say "if you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem."
  16. S

Myriad Electrical Problems

I was going to say the same thing "a fuse is either good or bad", but I did run into an issue years ago on a Volvo with a fuse... The fuse looked and tested good. After a while it would get a little warm and a tiny crack would open up, breaking the circuit.
  17. S

Question: How to make LED lights turn ON when the car is OFF or locked

If you want it to only be on with the ignition off: Get a 5 pin relay (Standard RY30 or equivalent) Pin #85 ... Key on power Pin #86 ... Ground Pin #30 ... Fused constant power Pin #87 a ... Power to LED Pin #87 ... Unused This will turn it on with the key off, off with the key on. There is...
  18. S

Myriad Electrical Problems

Just a few common issues I'd assume are causing your problems: Drivers door lock- seized door lock actuator. (Can't be the fuse, that won't stop you from locking it manually.) Pass rear door- broken inside handle. (Is the inside handle loose or look like its already in the open position?)...
  19. S

My new 2015 F150

I just picked up a 2015 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0l, headed/cooled leather, navigation, etc... So far (200 miles) I love the 5.0l. The truck rides nicer then my wife's 2014 Escape.
  20. S

F150 - Ecoboost vs. V8

I picked up a 2015 Lariat 5.0l 4x4 yesterday. I drove both the 3.5TT and the 5.0l, I didn't feel enough of a difference on a simple easy test drive to make me want the ecoboost over the 5.0. The 5.0l sounds better.
  21. S

01 mountaineer v8. AWD or rwd?

They were either AWD or 2WD... They weren't available as a true 4x4.
  22. S

Dark Car Feature

It can only be disabled/enabled by changing the programming. Disconnecting the battery won't change anything. You'll be fine.
  23. S

M5r1 vs M5r2

Yes, the internals will swap... But as RangerX already said 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears are a little different.
  24. S

M5r1 vs M5r2

Yes... The 2.3/2.5, 3.0 and 4.0 all use different versions of the M5r1.
Back