Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Instant total battery discharge, won't start, rapid clicking from ignition area

I'm going to place blame on my tensioner pulley. I pulled and cleaned the battery cable connections and tapped on the starter some just to see. I let it charge via my wife's car for about half an hour then it started right up. I'm getting 12V across the battery when off, ~14.1V when running. The...
  2. S

Instant total battery discharge, won't start, rapid clicking from ignition area

I stopped after a 30 minute trip to grab the mail. I shut off the Explorer normally and came back 3 minutes later and the car was completely dead. No lights, no windows, no dash. Nothing. I had my wife drive over and we charged it up some and the lights turned on and the dash lit up and etc...
  3. S

2001 Sport: Rear blinkers/brake lights don't work. Everything else does.

****. The wiring diagram for the 2001 Sport Track is different from the one in my Haynes Manual. I may have been working off the wrong diagram. This may solve many problems for me.
  4. S

I tried tilting all the way but no luck. The connectors are definitely loose. But the problem persists even when I manually hold them in place. I've also verified with a test light that I get power to the MFS output wire for each blinker.
  5. S

Maybe I'd be better off just changing it out just to verify. I don't see how it could be the problem though if the other signals light up. According to the Haynes Manual there is a common blinker output from the MFS that splits into 3 leads, 1 for rear 1 for front 1 for dash. 2 of those 3...
  6. S

My wiring diagrams don't show a blinker relay unfortunately and the hazard switch looks to be upstream of the blinker wiring. I never did verify that my front hazards were working. The indication lights up on the dash with the hazards though.
  7. S

Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle. A few weeks ago my Compass/Dome light went out. My right rear blinker then went out. Then my left rear blinker went out. They all share a common ground according to my Haynes Manual. The front blinkers and indicators on the dash work fine. I did continuity...
  8. S

2001 Sport Roof OEM Crossbars

I have the rails running front to back and am looking for an OEM set of crossbars and maybe some hardware to throw a bike up there if you've got it. Thanks.
  9. S

Grind/growl in engine compartment on start-up and when cold

Been a long while since I've visited here so hopefully you guys are as helpful as you were two years ago :thumbsup: I did a quick search but came up emty. Car in Question: 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L, 4x4, automatic, 162k miles, 10k miles on transmission. Background: I had the transmission...
  10. S

2001 Sport Tranmission Cooler Lines

One problem after another now that im pusing 150k miles. One of the steel cooler lines for the transmission underneath the radiator has a small hole in it that is spewing trans fluid. I need to replace it so my questions are: (1) What exactly are the lines called? and (2) Does anyone have a part...
  11. S

Powered USB Port

It's been a while since I've been around but after a few long drives I've decided that I need to be able to charge my cell phone while driving and I don't like how the cigarette lighter adapters look. I want to put a USB port somewhere in the front of the car, perhaps right underneath the...
  12. S

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

Is the lock missing or the bezel? I can wait on the bezel but I need a lock ASAP as my truck has been sitting unlocked in a city for a week now waiting for a lock. Any particular reason it took a week to tell me you no longer had the parts I paid for?
  13. S

Has the bezel/lock been shipped yet? Thanks.
  14. S

Paypal sent. Thanks.
  15. S

Passenger Door Lock Replacement

Awesome thanks for your help Don. How exactly do I get the cylinder out anyway? I'm assuming I have to disconnect the rod attached to the back of the cylinder? Does it just pop out? Hopefully this is a task I can tackle myself and save some cash.
  16. S

Ill go slow bending it back and hopefully itll hold. Should the hole be perfectly round or should there be a notch at the top?
  17. S

I'll take it. Paypal to ped5stang@aol.com?
  18. S

If the bottom is shot and I can't get it to hold then what is my other option? Would I have to replace the whole door?
  19. S

sorry but to the top. Need to get this fixed ASAP
  20. S

in dash reciever for 03 sport trac

Also, as far as I know the actual bulb itself has to remain amber. I believe it is illegal for your front turn signal to be any other color.
  21. S

Yea its the plastic thing that surrounds the radio and all of the switches/knobs around the radio. If you pull your radio out there will be a big hole in the middle of it and thats the opening you have to enlarge
  22. S

Crutchfield thinks nothing fits because the explorers don't have a full double-din opening. Explorers have something like 1.5 din. Not exactly sure what your bezel looks like but on second gen explorers with a little shaving of the plastic bezel the opening can be widened to fit a regular...
  23. S

After further investigation the hole seems pretty out of whack. Not sure though so here are a few pictures. Any idea if I can still use it? it was tough to get a decent picture so hopefully this is good enough. Thanks.
  24. S

Is that all of it for 89 or just the lock cylinder? Thanks. -Steve
  25. S

Need to replace everything that was stolen. I need a grey dash bezel (4x4) from around the radio. Need the plastic vents that go in the top of the bezel too. Also need all of the electronics that attach to the bezel along with the wiring harnesses for all of the electronics on the right side of...
Back