Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Fuel injection system cleaner bottle

Question- has anyone bought one of those $200-$300 fuel injector system cleaner bottles that you hang from the hood and run injector cleaner through your vaccum line? I was thinking of purchasing it being as I was charged 60 bucks for this service. If you have one, can you go through the process...
  2. B

Effing Interior door handles

I have an 01 explorer xls with two broken interior rear door handles. I bought new door handles, put them on, and whammo, after about a day, they broke too. What the hell is going on here. My only GUESS is that the metal rod that the handles move is bent or something. Does anyone have any ideas...
  3. B

Fuel Injection System Cleaner

I got my oil changed yesterday, and the guy doing my change brought me over to my car and said that I needed to clean my fuel injection system. He showed me two bottles of stuff (some sort of mineral spirits or something), and some sort of pressurized can with clear tubing coming out of it and...
  4. B

Tip on Getting a stuck Rotor off

I just changed my front brakes and rotors, and it was a B#$CH getting the rotors off...I have about 61k miles on my '01 and I think this was the first time these suckers have been changed. You can either hammer the crap out of them from a tough angle...OR do what I did- You need to have both...
  5. B

Changing only one side rotor and brake pads

So I just changed the front driver's side rotor and brake pads. The reason I didn't do the passenger side is I got powerslot rotors and the company I bought them from sent me two left sides instead of a left and a right. The right one is ordered and on it's way. I estimate that I'll be driving...
Back