Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Recommendation for BEST Spark Plug Wire Set . . . .

........am looking into changing the Spark Plug Wires upon my 96 Explorer XLT w 4.0L SOHC, [ have just bought a set of Autolite Platinum2 Plug's], and would like to get Best/Better set of wires for this application as well. Would appreciate any input/comment 's/SUGGESTION's of WHAT Brand i...
  2. M

Battery dead keys inside

.........:wavey:....{1st off= WELCOME to the Forum's for here }..........i had run into this situation once with a neighbor's 02' Mountaineer.......lucky for him he had a trailer hitch with the socket_plug for wiring and we basically connected an 6Amp auto charger to the Positive and Negative...
  3. M

Light out behind Tach?

........." 161 " ...... if i remember correctly, those are something of the " 12 Volts Blue Instrument and Accent Bulbs " - type . . . . & costing in the area of like $2.99 Each ! ! ! :eek: . .[ IF you buy each one = separately ] . . . . . . . IF that number is the bulb for which i...
  4. M

Light out behind Tach?

......... "Also, how many bulbs are actually back there?" . . . . . ....sorry to say i don't know how many exactly for your model ( 2001 ), But for the recent one's i have encountered, ( 94's up to the 96's ), they tend to show of somewhere in the number of 16 each [194's - i believe] . . ...
  5. M

Light out behind Tach?

. . . . . just thought ONCE you have entered behind the cluster; you just might want to replace all the bulb's back there, for sooner or later another will go, then again later another, etc. ....... etc....:eek:.... Better off changin' em all while your in there this First time and...
  6. M

Steering Gear INTERMEDIATE SHAFT >>> R & R . . .

.....yes looks almost like for your picture is showing; Is your shaft for showing like a two piece just above the Flex_joint from the Gear Box end??? ....for the one i am seeing for here just doesn't have that wrinkle_boot for what is showing upon your's, there, as well as the end for whick...
  7. M

Steering Gear INTERMEDIATE SHAFT >>> R & R . . .

.....Hey all ; looking into helping out a neighbor with this repair problem before commencing to "Dive-into" it ..... >>>>> 1990 Ford Ranger XLT Pickup, ShortBox, 2.3L eng., 4x4, 4spd w/OD, <<<<< ........as for what the title of this thread is stating is the job i have; trying to see if it is...
  8. M

95 xlt motor swap question

.....this i have had done when i change'd out to another transmission as well.....:eek:........found out that i just turn'd the torque-converter by hand a few turn's at the same time pressing IN toward's the trans, and "Pop", the torque converter just went down another 1" or so, fully seat'd...
  9. M

spark plugs..

.... basically, i do it by mean's of through the inner_fender > wall; get by the inner fender "skirt's and you'll be in business....:shifty_ey....even easier with the whyl & tire remove'd IF you feel like taking them off first.......:thumbsup:. .
  10. M

The End Of The Explorer!!!!oh No!!

................correct me if i am wrong, but thought & seen that these 3rd-gen's have a "rear_coil spring = independant_rear axle"........i don't think that configure's to a "solid rear axle", does it???? :confused: .
  11. M

Accelerator Fell Off

........yes, indeed.....I had this happened and did this fix just as stated from "shamaal's link" for showing ! ! ! wierd'st thing was i had to drive it home ( like 15 miles away ) by use of attaching a string/rope to the accelerator and pulled for gas / forward motion . . . . :confused...
  12. M

Which O2 Sensor to Replace??? CEL Code P0133

.......i had this same problem & code, also, went thru resetting a couple of time's last year.....:confused: .............:mad: ..............just got fed up with and just went out and bought 2 ea. NEW one's and replaced them>>>>>BOTH>>>>reset once again, and haven't seen this problem NOR...
  13. M

95 Cruise Control not working - need help

......ooooK > > > i have had this experience of only to find out my EXPENSIVE repair bill from a local shop was something everyone else CAN fix for themselve's if having the same "cause" of problem: I too checked all fuse's and came up with none blown..........basically, took it to my local...
  14. M

Someone go pop their gas cap off for me.

. . . :salute: . . . just went out and checked for ya = on my 96 XLT, it DOES have this little Round_spring-loaded type flapper door in it's Unleaded_fuel opening under the stock twist_clicker cap........:p: mr. Charles
  15. M

Second set of rear shocks

. . . . . just a note from here= i have just gotten all 4 shock's replaced for here with a set of Rancho's RSX's and just realized & seen the "Rear_Dampener Shock" located from a mount on the "pinion_nose" of the rear-end_housing to the side of the frame........ this shock i did notice was...
  16. M

Installing Tranny Cooler

. . . . . . :scratch: . . . . . if the aux cooler purchased is of "big_enough" size, wouldn't it be better just to "by-pass / skip " the stock_Radiator/cooling sector for the tranny????.....seem's to me, the Radiator would tend to still have Heat, to dissapate to the trans_fluid, and NOT really...
Back