Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

adrenalin wheels

Eh did the same with the other rims he had for sale.... any price but the asking price is considered low balling to him...
  2. 0

bigger tires

im running firestone destination mt's in the flavor of 265-75-16 which is like a 32-10.50 area. i have the torsion twist, shackles and did slight trimming to the front bumper. they are on factory wheels all it rubs is the sway bar at full lock but its nuthin to worry about.
  3. 0

1995 Explorer not getting power to OBD input?

I missed the 95 part lol but if they are scanning codes under the driver dash then it must be late 95. check other fuses.....
  4. 0

1995 Explorer not getting power to OBD input?

Cigarette lighter fuse very common or check for shorted out wires and also does the obd port 12v power. The fuse panel is located on the driver side of the dashboard.... open the drivers door and look at the end of the dash... im not sure on the fuse number though... do you have an owners manual...
  5. 0

Explorer manual transmission swap questions

No problem heres a link and they also have a forum dedicated to their tuning software. I love these guys they been awesome to me and helped me figure out my PCM after the manual trans swap. http://www.deltaforcetuning.com/ http://www.snipertuningsfla.com/index.html
  6. 0

Fixed the trans codes and limp mode with sniper tuning we force flashed in a program from another EECV with the manual trans tune works perfect and has double the power now lol
  7. 0

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Also running these in my truck and have not had an issue in over 2 yrs and i tend to beat the truck a bit lol they are all hot forged. [url]http://www.powerperformancemotorsports.com
  8. 0

Finally did the swap, everything was a direct swap over lol. only problems i have are a leaky rear main seal.... shoulda left the stock one alone lol, and about 6 transmission fault codes(sniper tuning is writing me a tune to shut off the transmission paramaters) and it seems to be in some sort...
  9. 0

just get a new 8 bolt flywheel and clutch setup for your year explorer. the pedal assembly idk if its the same from a 91 but i got mine from a 97 ranger and its identical. the clutch pushrod just goes through the firewall grommet. the upper pedal bracket bolt are near impossible to get to but i...
  10. 0

OK finally found a donor 97 ranger for 500 bucks. Body is really nice but frame is rotted out Yikes!! So i just have to get some new odds and ends before i start this project but i will keep ya updated. Anybody have any experience with SPEC clutches? specifically the stage 2+? And does anybody...
  11. 0

Tuning with my Laptop

my sniper tuning came with what they call "recon" realtime streaming data that lets you watch your A/F ratio while you are driving on the laptop.
  12. 0

there should be punchouts in the firewall metal check to see if they are the same bolt pattern if so im sure it could be made to work as for the difference in clutches idk see which came with the bigger clutch if any and go with that setup ie flywheel, disc, pressure plate. in still in the air...
  13. 0

oh it can definately be done but you need alot of parts or a donor truck, alot of time, another vehicle to drive while doing it, and some patience. I'm still looking for a cheap donor truck and extra cash lol. I have a feeling my 5R55E is on its way out.... it has been doing alot of wierd stuff...
  14. 0

On this side of the river there is trails off of route 2 in troy, Grafton state park there is state trails, In Berlin there is state trails, Stephentown there is powerline trails that go for miles. Up by lake george there is miles and miles of trails for wheelin. My brother in law is in a jeep...
  15. 0

Yeah, im tryin to work somethin out and thas a good idea on the auto swap and sellin. Where ya at in albany? U ever go 4wheeling around here. I know lots of spots. My paint is still too nice to go wheelin with. No redneck(tree branch) car washes for mine yet lol
  16. 0

Hey, small world. Yeah im in NG. Didnt even notice that one. Perfect candidate. wish i had the 750 cash right now. def worth that in parts. maybe they will consider parting it.
  17. 0

Na still trying to find a donor truck for the right price and mileage.
  18. 0

brake pedal switch and torque converter clutch

It was a TSB fix and they gave the instructions to me. It doesnt say anything useful about where all the wires are supposed to go. The new metal one only has a spot for 2 wires. The black plastic one had 5 with a nice plug. The little instruction sheet showed me where the switch is and how to...
  19. 0

brake pedal switch and torque converter clutch

Ok, i did a search and didnt find anything. This is driving me crazy. I lost my brake lights last week. So i went to the dealer for a new brake light switch. The one that came out was a nice black plastic one with about 5 wires going to it. The one the dealership gave me was this crappy looking...
  20. 0

Ticking Noise

i recently had the timing chain noise problem. It didnt sound like that. that sounds more like a bearing noise or something like that. I got lucky on the timing chain too, i know a ford tech that does side work and he did mine for 400 labor and 160 for parts from ford.
  21. 0

IAT check engine problem

Ok i have a 00 4.0L sohc, i installed a lightning MAF in anticipation of doin a remote turbo this summer. I have reflashed the EEC for it and it runs great with no issues. Now i know that the explorer has the IAT sensor integrated into the stock MAF. Now my problem is that the lightning has a...
  22. 0

GEM swap for an electric 1354

damn, what about using the older style controller from a vehicle without a GEM? like say a 1st gen and wiring the dash switch through it to control the selector motor and totally bypass the gem? I dont care about the 4wd lights flashing because that just a matter of bulb removal.
  23. 0

yeah the 4405 that was in my truck was a royal piece of crap. It would slip in and out of 4h and 4l if i put any power into it, resulting in some unsavory bangs and grinds. I used to have a 2000 ranger 4x4 and i beat the crap out of it daily with never a single problem from the drivetrain. And...
  24. 0

yeah it could be. i shifted it by hand through the ranges but i wasnt really searching for an unlabeled neutral so i'm gonna try to find it tommorow. If that is the case maybe i could make the selector motor stop there on demand also lol. Any body have any ideas on the GEM swap? I can always...
  25. 0

I just swapped in an electric 1354 tcase from a 98 ranger. everything bolted up fine and the selector motor from the 4405 bolted right on and has the same range of movement as the one from the 1354. Now the only problem is getting the dash selector to work. It seems the dash selector is run...
Back