Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

beating a dead horse(lift options)

Rancho quicklifts seem to be a pretty popular alternative but I've heard they sag over time.
  2. F

2004 4.0 XLS vin k miles per gallon question

I probably get around 13-16mpg in mine running 265/70/17 which kills me because I have hit 20 mpg after a 5 hour car ride on the freeway in our 2013 wrangler unlimited on 35's with heavy ass 20" wheels (speedo/tire size corrected).
  3. F

differential lowering or longer axles

We should get an admin to clear duner's private messages or to increase the limit so we can send the guy a PM and he'll hopefully get an email notification.
  4. F

Heavy Duty Dog Carrier - 2002-2005

I'm interested. Let's see it.
  5. F

Tire size and gearing opinions wanted.

I'm running 265/70/17 on my 4.0 with 3.55 and it's pretty damn slow. It gets everywhere I need it to go still but it isn't very quick to accelerate. I usually have to put the gas pedal to the floor when merging onto the freeway.
  6. F

Is my 05 really an 06?

If you go coil spacers make sure to get BTF upper control arms or the ball joints will fail
  7. F

Lift Option spacers on Ebay

This ^^ There have been some catastrophic accident pictures posted on this forum caused by failed ball joints. If you value your life I'd invest in some BFG upper control arms ASAP.
  8. F

Vent control issue - only dash/floor or defrost/floor

Same problem but a lot less miles on my explorer. The actuator behind the glove box looks to move for most of the settings but air comes out of the dash and floor when you have it on feet only or any other settings (defrost, etc). I took the dash apart and unplugged all of the HVAC connections...
  9. F

2002 Ford Explorer on 28's

Agreed 100%. I actually started typing something similar to this when he first posted it but decided it wasn't even worth arguing over lol. My family owns a tint shop and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that 5% on the windshield will have terrible visibility.
  10. F

02 TDI Swap

That is awesome. I've always wanted to do a Suzuki Samurai build with a 1.9l tdi swap. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
  11. F

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

Nope. I tried to buy them off of him a while ago and then his private message inbox got full and he never came back to the forum. :(
  12. F

33's on a 4.0 explorer

Depends on what gear ratio you have. My 265/70/17s made my explorer slow as hell but it wasn't fast to begin with.
  13. F

Rear tyre carrier

Would love to see what you come up with.
  14. F

Power Mods?

For what you're about to spend why not just sell explorer and start with a better platform?
  15. F

Post lift problems - Sway bar links gone and c/v boot rubbing

I don't have any bump steer issues on mine with the BTF UCA's + 2.25" spacers.
  16. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

^^ I'm a big fan of my General Grabber AT2's. They have a very aggressive tread and sidewall pattern but are extremely smooth and quiet on the streets.
  17. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

That's a sick explorer you've got there. Those fenders look awesome. Are you running 35s?
  18. F

Jmedina613's Registry

Why did you decide to mount your amp there instead of under the rear seats?
  19. F

BTF Upper Control Arm Alternate Options?

You probably read someone mention MOOG upper control arms but they aren't any different than stock. The BTF UCA's have a uniball that corrects the issue. The stock ball joints will eventually fail, it's only a matter of time. I've seen a few pictures of failed balljoints over the years. It's not...
  20. F

Caution: Spare rim/tire with rear strut spacers

You've been running stock wheels with spacers?
  21. F

Cost to install Btf spacers (front only)

That seems reasonable IMO. I paid a guy who worked at a dealership $300 to install mine + spacers all around and afterwards he said if he had known how much of a pain in the ass it would be he wouldn't have done it at all. It also took him like 3 or 4 more hours than he anticipated.
  22. F

V6 vs V8

I've got 125k on my 4.0, haven't had any problems yet *knocks on wood*
  23. F

Seat covers

I'm going to be making some improvements to the explorer so its worth more when I go to sell it. It's been in the family for a long time so it's seen it's fair share of spilled coffees, sodas, and all sorts of other stuff that's ruined the interior. I'm planning on buying a molded carpet kit...
Back