Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Anyone running 15" rims on their SportTrac

I would like to run ProComp 7069 15x8 rims on a SportTrac axle from a 2003. I know in 2003 15" rims where not an option on the Sport Trac, but is anyone running them? A little more details... I pulled a SportTrac axle from a boneyard and put it into my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. I did this using...
  2. S

Rebuilding a 2004 Sport Trac 8.8 axle

New project, retrofitting an Ford 8.8 into a Jeep TJ. Hoping to get help from the Ford people along the way. . Let me introduce you to my Jeep: 2005 Jeep TJ Wrangler X Inline 4.0L 6 cylinder 3.08 gears with Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear, both open differentials I have a 3" lift with 31"...
  3. S

Front D/S Bad 97 Merq AWD

Just got a call from Frod, the front DS is bad and needs to be replaced, I was told it is not servicable. They want $800 for the shaft (I think that included the install). How hard is it to pull one of these out and replace it (125k on the clock)? I just got a price of $207 from NAPA with an...
  4. S

Idler pulley now power steering

I had an idler pulley go bad and spin itself off. I was about 1/2 mile from the dealership so I pulled in and had them replace it. They said that the ps pump got air in it and they had to bleed it because I drove it 1/2 mile without a belt. Anyways, all fixed, a week later I start hearing...
  5. S

Pop, now high idle

1997 Mercury Mountaineer 302 V8 All Wheel Drive ~120k miles I went to start the Mounty last week, turned the key and then released it fired, then I heard a pop, it never really started. I turned the key again and it started right up. My idle is now high (just shy of 1k) and you can tell...
  6. S

1997 Mounty Bumpers, what other years.

I need to replace the rear bumper on my 97 Mounty, what years have the same bumper as a 97? Doing a parts search and need to know the year range. Just care that it looks right on the vehicle, not looking for authenticity. My bumper is painted grey. What is the difference in the explorer...
  7. S

Auto headlights wont turnoff in daylight

My headlights come on and stay on even in bright daylight. Where is the sensor for the lights to come on? Probably just dirty, eh. SN95GT50
  8. S

Center console armrest repair

The center console in my 1997 Mercury Mountaineer has a 3/4" split in the vinyl where my elbow rests. What is the best way to repair? I seem to remember a repair stuff that you apply kinda like finger nail polish to repair it, is this my imagination or, where can I get it to match in color...
  9. S

Mountaineer on Fire

Driving to work this morning and started to smell something burning, first thought is hope that isn't me. Started looking around and then smoke started coming out from under my seat, between my seat and the center console. I jumped out and looked under the seat and felt around under the seat...
  10. S

GT40 Intake on a Mounty

Over from the 5.0 Mustang world... Just bought a `97 Mountaineer with 302, pretty much every option I can think of on it. It has 109k on the clock, I ran the car fax, the thing was serviced every 3,000 miles, 1 owner. The previous owner left a note in the glove box asking that I treat it...
Back