Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Any pictures of an explorer with black wheels?

ShadowRaven: I like how you painted your wheels!! Did you painted by your own? What procedure did you use? where do you get the paint? It is a canned paint? Thanks??
  2. J

I found a solution for an Air bag fault

Hi I drive a Sportrac 2001, I have the air bag light on, how do you get the 33 code? I took it to autozone for other failure but the scanner didn't show anything about the air bag. I have opened the dash passenger air bag disconnected and connected a few times but ligh still on. Driver...
  3. J

Door Keypad Problem

I was having the simptom of 9/0 button. After replacing Button pad and Module from a good sportrac parts. I decided to find out what the problem was, I practically disassemble the whole Dash following the wiring harness until I found where the line was cut, I soldered it and now I have it...
  4. J

Door Keypad Problem

Hello does anyone has the electrical diagram for the harneess, I did replaced both the buttons and the module and I have the same simpthom!! I can reprogram the remotes (FOB) but can not unlock or lock using the door buttons. with the old and new parts the button 9/0 doesnt light up the dome...
  5. J

Door Keypad Problem

Well I think you are lucky if only need to replace the pad!!! I opened mine too but my pad looks like new, also checked continuity from the door connector to the module behind my passenger airbag there are 6 pins 5 are connected to the module and one is not, I think this is the common wire...
  6. J

Door Keypad Problem

Well i dont know how much will be for shipping this part!! We could exchange it so we can determine if it is good or bad!! suggestions!!?? I drive a 2001 sport trac
  7. J

Brake Light?......

My Sport trac 2001 Parking Brake light comes up sometimes when I am goign to start the car, when it lights up my windows doesn't roll up and down. I have to turn off the key and then start the truck again and everythings it is fine. I checked brake fluids an it was just below the MAX mark...
  8. J

2000 gas tank plastic reservoir

After 4 days with the plastic reservoir put back in place!!!! My fuel gauge is working perfectly!!! No acting Up. So, I read about gauge malfunctioning, Harness even bad sending units. Mine was just a loosy reservoir that hitted my sending unit. Now will focus on different issues on...
  9. J

Door Keypad Problem

My Sport Trac has the same problem, only the 9/0 button doesn't light up. My code does not include those numbers. I got the code from the card given to me, and also from a module behind the passenger air bag, both are the same!!! Any Ideas how to check or test the 9/0 Button.
  10. J

Well after reading it, and almost cut it off. I decided tu put it on place. my problem was that the fuel gauge was always on top saying full tank, I ran out of gas twice so I decided to drop tha tank, my thinking is that the reservoir was hitting the level or was trapped keeping the level on...
  11. J

Hi Bigboy: I had the same problem loosy reservoir and think this dameged my sending unit aswell. Did you find any answer to this, I tried to push it to place it in place but no luck!! Thanks.
  12. J

4WD dash switch does not appear to be working

Thanks but after digging on this I will need the 4x4 module not the switch. Do you have one? I think I am gonna leave it like that for a while I barely use 4x4.
  13. J

How to test the switch!!! OK here it goes: 1.-The switch has 4 wires, the two on the sides Balck and Red are to iluminate the 2H, 4H, 4L indicator and has 6v when you turn on the lights. 2.-Inside the switch are 3 resistors that are selected when you move from 2H 4H & 4L. so place an Ohm...
  14. J

Hi Chad: I did find the module thanks. I will dig to find out if there is a way to test this module!! Cause I read in another forum that if the lights are on when you crnk the car the module is fine!! wht do you think??
  15. J

How much did you pay for the module? where is located?
  16. J

Hi do you still have the wiring diagram of the sport trac switch, my truck has the same problem, it doesn't shift to 4x4 low or high lights off, they only on for a while when I crank my truck. Sifter motor works fine I took it off and tested with a 12v battery and works perfectly. So I think...
Back