Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

95-01 Projector headlights, Part 2

these lights are really nice...got me thinking
  2. E

Window problem

My power driver and passenger window take like 3 mins to go down no matter how where i push button weather it be on driver controls for both or just the passenger button....but when they finally get down all the way they go back up quick and normal as can be...when the windows are wet from rain...
  3. E

Looking at an 02

4795 but offered 4300 guy said he will take it
  4. E

How many miles?

1995xlt 160k original engine...2nd tranny replaced at 116k brand new from ford by owner b4 me...all i did was replace transfer case it was bad
  5. E

Won't stay running

Ive been having the same problem on my 95, all i did was raise the idle a little with the screw on the throtle. it works for a while then im guessing it goes back to normal cause the stalling just happened to me last nite. and its been a few months..
  6. E

Looking at an 02

Hi all im looking at buying an 02 xlt with 130k.. Can someone please tell what i should look out for on these? i hear that the transmissions go out real quick/or give problems, i also heard it was a sealed tranny?? i only test drove the truck around city streets and it drove fine...trans seemed...
  7. E

Help Needed With Fog Light Wiring!!!

u blew the fuse under the hood in the power distribution box...its a 15amp one check the manual it will show u which one...i am having same problem as u but mine keeps blowing the fuse
  8. E

Fogs blowing fuse

can u explain this 2 me more?
  9. E

Fogs blowing fuse

the aftermarket lights are 55w the only wire thats between the lights and the stock wiring is the 5 inches of wire that comes off the lights themselves i have no idea what gauge it is its deff same as stock....i cant have a short in any of the wires cause i didnt fool around with the stock...
  10. E

Fogs blowing fuse

i have hids in my headlights....if the stock fogs were cheap i would just buy um brand new and then prob solved but..yea im just gonna have to wire um seperate
  11. E

Fogs blowing fuse

The setup is, i removed my stock fogs, cut the connectors off of the wires that are coming from truck, then i just took the aftermarket lights and wired um right to the fog light wires coming from car....positive to positive, ground to ground....lights come on for like 1 minute then blow the...
  12. E

Foglights blowing fuse

Thanks for the help donner but i replaced the stock fogs cause the mounting pieces on um broke off from them being rusted and all....so if anything ill just wire my new fogs with the wiring they came with i wont use the stock..
  13. E

Foglights blowing fuse

The setup is, i removed my stock fogs, cut the connectors off of the wires that are coming from truck, then i just took the aftermarket lights and wired um right to the fog light wires coming from car....it doesnt say anywhere on box or anything what wattage new lights are but im pretty sure...
  14. E

Foglights blowing fuse

Your right guys problem is not solved it keeps blowing the 15 amp fuse under hood, but what i dont understand is, that the fogs come with a 15 amp fuse in the wiring if u were gonna wire um seperately to there own switch....i also tried to put a 20 amp in replace of 15 and it still blew it..now...
  15. E

Foglights blowing fuse

thanks for all the help guys, but mustang solved it for me i didnt know there was a fuse for the fogs under the hood, thought it was just on driver side dash...prob solved thanks again
  16. E

Foglights blowing fuse

replace my stock fogs with aftermarket ones, so i just cut the ends of the stock harness off and wired it to the aftermarket lights, this way they come on with my factory switch, now they worked for like an hour i turned car off and they wouldnt come back on, not even the little yellow light...
  17. E

All you need to know about keyless entry

i cant program a remote cause i cant get car into program mode, since i think the rap module doesnt work
  18. E

All you need to know about keyless entry

hey all...my keypad stoped working i if i enter my code it doesnt unlock doors and if i press 7-8 9-0 it doesnt look doors either, was having trouble with the power lock switch on drivers side had to hit it like 3 times for it to unlock doors, but now when i do look the doors the "theft" light...
  19. E

1995 ford explorer temperature gauge problem

Mine does something similar, my temp gauges usually stays a good amount past the C. but never to the half way mark...but sometimes it will go to the half way mark and then drop back down to where it normally sits...
  20. E

Tie rods, or ball joints or what?

i sprayed wd-40 all around the area of where i heard squeak and 2 days later it stoped...even though im sure its gonna start again....i heard it could also be the sway bar bushings??
  21. E

OK Guys, i need help...once again

it does it when i turn and go over bumps, its just louder over the bumps..
  22. E

Tie rods, or ball joints or what?

Mine just started doing the same thing the other day...metal on metal sound...when i turn and when i go over bumps....so its deff the tie rods??
  23. E

OK Guys, i need help...once again

Sorry to bump a thread thats a yr old, but im having same prob my ball joints were replaced and everything, mine sounds like metal rubbing against metal, when i got over a bump and when i turn the wheel to the left and right...i have power steering fluid and system has no leaks...so im...
  24. E

Removing/eplacing black plastic piece around stereo/heater controls/center vents?

Removing it is simple...like 2-3 screws down by the heater controls, then the rest are just clips gotta pry um off...
  25. E

Who's in NJ? Where?

hi all im from kenilworth nj...its right off the gsp...i also work for the njtp so im all up and down that all day. not with my explorer though..lol but if any one knows anything i can do to the truck let me know...
Back