Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ranger #1

I hope this isnt a repost and if so, Sorry. But I just saw this http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398264,00.html "FOX Car Report U.S. Home #1 Ford Ranger and Mazda B2300 Wednesday, August 06, 2008 By Gary Gastelu Ford Ranger Like an old man who tells his grandkids how he...
  2. R

RubySlow Has Missed you all!

Okay as you all know My ride was stolen, Ya it sucked majorly.. anyways I still needed a car to get to work. so I bought this Tbird For 1500 bucks, I know its no Mounty/Expo but when U have little money and your car is stolen this is what I had to make do with.... Its a 1995 TBird 4.6l auto...
  3. R

Do I have the worse luck or WHAT?

Okay as many of you know I have had bad luck with my previous cars, yes they were stolen... and now Once again.. RubySlow Has been Stolen WTF! Is it me or does GOD Hate me. And I dont believe in god, I just survived a crazy accident From last week Just check WHOOPS " a puddle a 4:00am" But OMG...
  4. R

A puddle at 4:00am .....

I was on my way to work ( 101 South ) and it had rained earlier that night... I was in the fast lane going about 60 and all a sudden a huge puddle. There was a tour bus to my right, so I hit the brakes and went thru the puddle I slide around the freeway. I didnt 360 but it went back and fourth a...
  5. R

Body mods

Ok So I have dabbled with bondo and fiber... Ive shaved and filled So What I would like to do is weld a panel in the rear quarter windows.. then fill and paint them... This is the idea... any input appreciated.. Burns and others I know are alot better with APS than Iam
  6. R

Engine Stalls out while in drive, 1, 2...

Okay I just noticed this the other day. And I think its the Valve Body Or Torque Converter because this never happened before. Okay no matter what gear the car is in, when you let off the gas you can feel something in the tranny and it really slows down... It bogs down or wants to idle low while...
  7. R

Looking to go to 23s Anyone got any Sugg?

I have 22s now but soon I want to step my game up... Anyone got sugg..?
  8. R

Wiring diagram explorer/ Mustang TPS Swap

Okay so if your interested in Upgrading your throttle body maybe a 70mm or 75mm from a 87-93 you will need this wiring diagram. You can use your stock tps but Only one of the bolts on the TPS will line up on the Mustang T-Body. So I recommend wiring the mustang TPS to your explorer/mounty...
  9. R

Thought it was just a fouled Plug... Engine running lean

Okay so Yesterday I went to go to work and When I went around the corner I could hear a thump, I thought spark plug, you could smell the unburned fuel in the exhaust.. SO I decided to put those champion iridium plugs and those taylors I have. Some plugs looked black and smelt relly gassy and...
  10. R

My buildup!

Jon Do you recomend the fuel rails u have now? aeromotive right? Oh ya Im saving up for a stage 2 turbo from rocket.... Remote Mounted... Im about 2 months away from buying...maybe less Im about 8 months away from completion... I got the TMs, those 30#s for now, Later much...
  11. R

Converting the Column shifter to a Floor shifter?

I understand this would take a gang of work! And Im sure this should be Posted in the Explorer & Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases, & Differentials But Iam in it for the name of speed. So here is My plan, Make a mounting bracket for the floor shifter Cut an appropriate space where the cup...
  12. R

Recommendation on After Market MAF?

Okay So Im working my way to the MAF I saw on the Explorer Express site....... http://explorerexpresscom.nationprotect.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_39&products_id=686 I dont know if thats even worth it? I was thinking about a GMS MAF Calib for 30#...
  13. R

Mac CAI Pics

Just put it on today. Just one less thing I need....
  14. R

My Niece thinks My Mounty Is Number One!

My Girlfriend and My Niece are best buds!
  15. R

v-8 70mm Throttle body Install-working out the bugs

Okay so I purchased a 70mm T-Body From Dynamic racing. It looks fine and all... its for a 1987-93 Im thinking this is the problem? Well I took the old one off and then compared the 2 and everything is different. The TPS Bolts, the throttle hookup, the IAC so What should I do? It would be alot...
  16. R

Got some goodies! Gonna add them real soon! I already bought them!

Okay So its that time to brake some bread on my ride.... So I just bought some Q TorquePower Full Synthetic I think its 10 30w 5 quarts.... bout 35 bucks Bosch Oil filter bout 5 bucks 2 ACC-140018 Accel Coil packs Ignition Coil, 4-Tower EDIS Super Coil Pack, Square, Epoxy, Black/...
  17. R

RubySlow Update New pics and Video

Update Number 3 I believe So I threw on some 3 inch blocks out back Removed the roof rack Debadged New Mufflers ricey ones... Some videos and Pics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiJtkM4G58 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-gn5alyPls...
  18. R

Removing the Primary cats? Check engine light

Okay I have already removed the secondary cats and have installed a crossover pipe with dual mufflers that exit before the rearend (mufflers like those on the sti or wrx) Ya my car sounds like a loud supra. My question is I want to remove the Primary Cats And I know if I do This will...
  19. R

She studders under acceleration..

Just Yesterday I notice my mounty wasnt runnin just right.. First thought was bad gas... So I ran her around until before E and filled up with some 91. Still there is a miss. Next thought was maybe a fouled plug? But when you give heavy acceleration she runs better. So Maybe a clogged fuel...
  20. R

Need some opinions on my Moddified exhaust..

Ok as many may know I have dual 40 series 2 chamber flows 2.25 inlet, 2.50 outlet, Secondary cats removed, hpipe/ crossover tube installed... here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SyjEkVFLbM Ok well Since Ive been running this setup My gas mileage...
  21. R

Coates Rotary Valve anyone know about this?

I was browsing and came upon this company. http://www.coatesengine.com/csrv.html no camshaft, no lifters, pushrods....... What are your guys thoughts?
  22. R

I just got rob jacked, but they didnt get my car....

I was sittin by 7/11 and these chollos or chachies came up and was talking **** so I said ?que quieres? they was like 5 vatos and nothing I could do. they threw me down and start cutting me, and all I cared about was my car and My girl Iris. Thank god Iam alive. AndI got the "pistola con su...
  23. R

Lowered Mountaineer Frontend TT

Ok so I lowered the front of the Mounty and I plan to flip the Torsion keys, But the car looks alot better here some pics they rub just a lil
  24. R

TT Lowered to max, How can I go lower?

Ok so today I decided to drop the front end on my 1999 Montero almost 2 inches but I need a lil more I basically cant go any lower and I would like another 1/2 inch to 3/4 of a inch How would this be achieved? thanks and I will have pics soon
  25. R

RubySlow Update 1999 Mounty 22s's Pics and Video

I just want to say Hi to all the Expo/Mounty lovers out there, Got a few updates on my 1999 Mercury Mountaineer V8 AWD New 22" BC wheels Chrome Wan Li 40 series 265 22 tires Had the local muffler shop remove the rear cats and attach a crossover section inbetween the pipes...
Back