Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How common are leaky radiators?

Mine leaks as well. I have a 1991 with 149,000 miles and every once in while there will be a quarter size puddle on the carport. I tried stop leak, but it still leaks. I have never had to add antifreeze though. ------------------ shawna l. 1991 EB 4-door Xplorer 30x9.50 Pathmakers 15x7 Eagle...
  2. S

Bad Battery or Bad Alternator?????

Well, it was indeed the brushes. Put new ones in and every thing is back to normal. Thanks everyone! ------------------ shawna l. 1991 EB 4-door Xplorer 30x9.50 Pathmakers 15x7 Eagle Alloy wheels K&N Filter Drilled airbox Bosch 4+ Plats Splitfire Wires Steering Stabilizer Monroe Sensa-tracs...
  3. S

Which Spark Plug?

hmiller I had bosch platinums in my 91 xplorer and decided to switch over to the 4+ bosch plats. OH--WHAT A DIFFERENCE THEY MADE!!!!!!!!! Buy the 4+ plugs, you'll be glad you did. Much smoother running engine! Increased my gas mileage by about 2-3 mpg's. ------------------ shawna l. 1991 EB...
  4. S

are they worth it?

Kristen The 4+ bosch plats and splitfire wires increased my gas mileage by approx. 2-3 mpgs. This was what i was hoping for after spending that kind of $$$. The 4+ plugs made an incredilbe difference in the overall performance of my xplorer. The engine idles and runs extremely smooth with these...
  5. S

I took my explorer by Auotzone today to have them check the alternator(my explorer is a 1991 btw), and sure enough it had only 10 amps generating(not sure on terminology here). The guuy said it should be reading 60 or 70+ amps. Being the age of my xplorer, it is probably the brushes. Having Dad...
  6. S

Which Spark Plug?

Turner55 Just make sure to install your wires one at a time. Take one off and find the new wire that matches the length of the one you just removed. Make sure that you hear or feel a click when you snap the wires on the plug. Have bandaides ready for your knuckles and fingers when your done...
  7. S

My battery light came on and the guage showed low. My first thought is that i left something on and ran my battery down..So i charged the battery for several hours thnking this would cure the problem. Went out to test it after the charge and the battery light was still on and the guage was still...
  8. S

Thermostat & Temp. Sending Unit

rock883 I know what bolt you're talking about on the stat. You'll have to use 1/4" socket with a swivel to get to it. It was very time consuming and my fathers big hands could not master it, so i had to use my little hands and the socket and swivel of course to get to that last bolt. As far as...
  9. S

I had good heat also before changing that thermostat. On christmas eve, my guage decided not to move off of the red line(below normal). Then my heat was weak. I changed the thermostat that day and i had HEAT that i had never had before. I guess the thermastat was slowly weakinging and that day...
  10. S

rock883 I changed my sending unit twice, thinking the 1st one i changed was bad. The temp guage still hung around cold after that. I ended up changing the thermostat, and the guage reads where it is supposed to now(normal). Shawna L.
  11. S

Vacum Leak

47Rider I live in jackson and work in cape girardeau. I have a 1991 eddie bauer if you would like to look at the vacuum lines on mine to help locate where your line is supposed to route. You can e-mail me or call me if your still needing help locating your problem. shaluke@webtv.net 573-204-0315...
  12. S

Explorer outsells everybody!

Question? What is the Escape? Is it another midsize sport ute ford is making? Thanks ------------------ shawna l. 1991 EB 4-door Xplorer 30x9.50 Pathmakers 15x7 Eagle Alloy wheels K&N Filter Drilled airbox Bosch 4+ Plats Splitfire Wires Steering Stabilizer Monroe Sensa-tracs Aftermarket...
  13. S

Front supension problems

Pendarus I had the same problem as you. I also went through the same process to remedy it. I had an alignment, balance and rotate, radius arm bushing replacement and my tires were brand new. It ended up being a flat spot on one of my tires. They ask if i ever had to apply my brakes and skid...
  14. S

How to replace O2 sensor - more than 1 on a 91?

Mr. Mike I hope you have long arms. The plug is way up there behind the motor. I couldn't reach it(woman with short arms), i took it to a garage and they couldn't reach it either. My father and i finally took the hood off so i could get to the plug from the top. After unplugging it, i then used...
  15. S

Spoilers anyone?

I have the turboshield rear deflector from Explorer Express. It looks very good and does a great job at keeping the rear glass clean. ------------------ shawna l.
  16. S

Vibration at Highway Speeds

CougarX I had the very same problem. I replaced RA bushings,rotate and balance, front end alignment,checked front end components for wear(they were okay) and it still vibrated and shook. It ended up being a flat spot on one of my tires. If that particular tire was on the front, it shook...
  17. S

WOW...New 4+plugs and Splitfire Wires

Thanks mflores That just paid me back for the shipping cost.......Thanks Again!! Dead Link Removed ------------------ shawna l.
  18. S

Dogman I paid $5.99 each for the 4+ plugs from Autozone. Spltfire wires were $57 including shipping from Sears Automotive Catalog. Dead Link Removed ------------------ shawna l.
  19. S

Felsmann I ordered them from Sears Automotive. They were $57 including shipping price. Took about 4 days to get them. ------------------ shawna l.
  20. S

S.Matsushige At first, my brother and i had installed the 4+ plugs because the wires i had to order were not in yet. I was very impressed with the engines smoothness with the plugs alone. Then, when the Splitfire plug wires arrived and i got them installed, it ran even better. I have not had a...
  21. S

31 or 265

ex91 I believe your next smaller option would be the 30x9.50. ------------------ shawna l.
  22. S

Gigantor Ditto on KyleC's response to the sensatracs. Could not justify the more pricey shocks due to mostly town driving. Very pleased with sensatracs. I had them on my 93 Full size Bronco also. They work for me! Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed ------------------ shawna l.
  23. S

Just replaced the plugs and wires with botsch 4+ plats and dual core splitfire wires. What an improvement!!!! I hope to better gas mileage a little with these improvments. I already have a few cheap mods working together: Holes in airbox k&n filter 4+plugs splitfire wires 30x9.50 AT tires...
  24. S

Shock question

Jason, Your RA bushing could very well be making your bottoming out noise. The one on the passenger side is usually the first one to go due to its location. The heat from the catalyc converter will roast and toast it. Or you may have a loose shock. As far as shocks go, i have monroe sensitracs...
  25. S

1991 4wd Low Range will not disengage - help

Monte, DId you put the vehicle in nuetral and keep your foot on the brake, then push the low range button? This is the sequence,i believe, for disegaging 4-low. ------------------ shawna l.
Back