Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Stephen

New 2005 Cadillac STS

Hey gang, Just wondering what everyone thought of this: Thats the new 2005 Cadillac STS, finally switched to a rear drive platform. I like the styling actually and I haven't found any of the new Cadillacs appealing other than the XLR roadster. Looks like Cadillac may have finally...
  2. Stephen

New 2006 Lexus GS pictures released...

I know at least one of you owns (or co-owns) a Lexus GS430, Lexus unveiled the redesigned GS430 in Detroit yesterday, thought I'd post some of the pictures to get a reaction. I like it myself, you can see a lot of past Lexus cues in the styling. Whats everyone think?
  3. Stephen

Guess what I just bought...

You guys are gonna hate me LOL.... a 2004 Infiniti FX35. To replace my 01 Toyota Sequoia. With winter looking like its going to be tough this year, meaning I'll be driving something with AWD more that I have in past years I decided that I needed something a little less freaking...
  4. Stephen

Picked up the LS430!

Hey Guys! Dealer surprised me today. My LS430 arrived this morning and it was ready for me to pick it up at 2:30. I didnt get around to it until around 5 PM though and I've been sifting through the mountain of manuals so far. The main manual for the car is literally 700 pages long, and the...
  5. Stephen

Lexus dealer called today

Hey gang, Lexus dealer called today. They have a Flint Mica with Black Interior arriving this Sunday. Only thing is it has the Ultra Luxury package vs the Custom Luxury package like I'd ordered. Apparently they were wrong about not being able to get the UL pkg on the east coast :rolleyes...
  6. Stephen

Got it set up, will be in new car within a month

Hey gang, thought I'd keep everyone updated on the new car saga. I met with the powers that be at work today, and they weren't happy about it but we've agreed on how we're going to work the new car. They made it clear that they had a set level per month of $700 which works out to be around a...
  7. Stephen

Sneaking out to test drive some cars tomorrow...

Hey gang, just thought I'd let ya know, my son and I are going to sneak out and test drive some cars tomorrow to replace the Lexus with. I'm going to drive: 04 Lexus LS430 (refreshed I posted pictures before, dealer has only one he's going to let me drive, they're not oficially out yet)...
  8. Stephen

Another "whats everyone think"? 2004 Lexus LS430

Allrighty guys, I got my first pictures of the refresh to the LS430. They didnt do much, totally new front end, new wheels, new rear trunklid and taillights, chrome tipped dual exhaust and an AWD option (thank god). I really like it, much better than the 01-03 LS430. Here's some pictures.
  9. Stephen

Whats everyone think? 2004 Audi A8L

Hey gang. I was doing a little research on the new Audi A8 today and was wondering what everybody thought? As some know I'm going to be replacing my LS400 in October or so. The A8 looks impressive. My only worry is what kind of ride I can expect from those big wheels, lickily they're optional...
  10. Stephen

Seat just fell apart...

I was driving the Explorer the other day, back before we left for the beach and I noticed something, the innards of the drivers seatback have completely fallen apart. There's a definate change in support, lumbar no longer works, and you can put your hand behind the seat and push the whole...
  11. Stephen

NEW! Guidelines for Posting in this Forum

Hey Everybody, just posting the division between what is appropriate to post in the All Other Makes and Models Forum, and what is appropriate to post in the Ford Industry News forum. All Other Makes and Models: This forum is meant for discussion of any and all vehicles that are not the Ford...
  12. Stephen

2003 BMW 745Li

Hey everyone, This car came up in the chat tonight. As I've mentioned before, I'm considering it to replace my LS400 along with the Benz S500, the Lexus LS430 (being redesigned), the new Jag XJ and the new Audi A8. Whats everyone's opinions on it? This is the combo I'd get, black with...
  13. Stephen

Appropriate Postings

Hey Everybody, just posting the division between what is appropriate to post in the All Other Makes and Models Forum, and what is appropriate to post in the Ford Industry News forum. All Other Makes and Models: This forum is meant for discussion of any and all vehicles that are not the Ford...
  14. Stephen

Ford Model U

Kind of an interesting vehicle "With the automaker’s anniversary in mind, Mays described the second vehicle unveiled, the Model U, as “the next Model T,” referring to the efficient and affordable Ford car that put America on wheels early in the 1900s. But where the Model T formed the...
  15. Stephen

So much for the death of Mercury

a very strong old Cougaresque concept from Mercury. Story and pictures courtesy of MSN Carpoint. Ford Motor Company wants to send a clear message: Mercury is back! With a strong vision and a number of new products on the horizon, Ford says their “sleeper” brand is here to stay. Chris...
  16. Stephen

Beautiful crossover from Lincoln...

Wow, this thing is gorgeous. Like I said in the other forum, I rarely like crossovers, but this is very classy. Story and pictures courtesy of MSN Carpoint. Exploring what a Lincoln crossover vehicle would look like, Ford Motor Co.’s Lincoln Division revealed a new concept that mixes coupe...
  17. Stephen

New Nissan Maxima at Detroit

Photos and story from MSN Carpoint. Nissan Motor Company is on a roll, and to keep the momentum going the automaker unveiled two new models today in Detroit: the 2004 Quest and 2004 Maxima. Before the vehicles rolled out, Shiro Nakamura, senior vice president of Nissan Motor Company...
  18. Stephen

New little Cadillac SUV

This is the SRX, it comes in V6 and Northstar V8, looks pretty impressive if just from a small profile picture. "The newest production model was also unveiled at this event. Cadillac made its first foray into the truck market a few years back, and it continues with the new SRX. This luxury...
  19. Stephen

All new Acura TSX Sports sedan

With the thread about the new Mazda 6, I saw this and thought you may find it of interest: Story and pictures courtesy of MSN Carpoint. The Acura TSX sports sedan made its world debut in Detroit, strengthening the Acura lineup with a near-luxury sedan designed to compete with other sport...
  20. Stephen

New Lexus RX...

I've read a lot on this vehicle, it looks pretty impessive, more of a departure from the Siennaesque minivannish RX we have now, here's the story and pictures from Detroit. Story and pictures courtesy of MSN Carpoint. With lights flashing and video playing, the nation’s top luxury marque...
  21. Stephen

Infiniti Unveils X45 SUV

Here's the story, pictures to follow! Story and pictures courtesy of MSN Carpoint At last year’s NAIAS, Infiniti unveiled a unique concept called the FX45. Nicknamed the “bionic cheetah,” the sporty-looking crossover vehicle garnered a lot of media attention. Today Nissan’s premium marque...
  22. Stephen

New Dodge Durango

I also found some pictures of the new Dodge Durango concept from Detroit.
  23. Stephen

New Audi A8...

I found a few pictures of the new Audi A8 and thought I'd post them for reaction. This is one of the cars I'm considering to replace my LS400 this summer.
  24. Stephen

New Moderator...

Hey everyone! As you can see, I've been made the moderator of the All Other Makes and Models forum. The reason for my placement here is to build up this forum, as well as the Ford Industry News forum and stop any kind of overlap there may be (and is) between them. From now on, this forum...
  25. Stephen

Ford Focus Recalls

Kind of an interesting history ----------------- Robert Lane 11 November 02 2000 Model Year 02S41 Safety Recall - Press Release on Upcoming Safety Recalls - Pinch Bolt Torque and Zetec Engine Battery Cable Routing (Published: 11/2002) 02S42 Safety Recall - Press Release on...
Back