Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Coolant Leak...Maybe.....

Rock auto 171 shipped with hoses and cap!
  2. J

Parting out 97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD with Gray leather interior

got a radiator for a 5.0l 99? price shipped to 61614?
  3. J

95-01 Explorers parting out

need a radiator for 99 xp 5.0 v8. if u have one whats the miles and shipped price to 61614
  4. J

grnmachine thats what mine kind of looked like. At first I thought it was the hose, but there was no coolant from around the house. The coolant was all over the side of the rediator. Im searching now for a decent price radiator and have already taken out the old!
  5. J

Ha no, it was 103 that day but i wasn't using the ac. I usually refill it every summer but I haven't had time yet.
  6. J

No I smelled nothing, I felt nothing wrong while driving, I saw no smoke. I just found a small puddle when I got home, and after filling it back up. I found no more leaks. I believe it may be the radiator as you have said. I'll wait until it does it again and then i guess I'll replace it.
  7. J

Yes I Remove the little shield under the radiator which has a very small amount of fluid on it. I'm not sure where it all went. I filled up the reservoir first. Started it up and no leaks. Then I filled the radiator itself to the top and let it settle down. The. I drove it for awhile. No...
  8. J

I come to you As a preventative measure so I can fix something early if anything is wrong rather than pay for it big time later. 99 XP 5.0l v8 auto. Has 208,x.. miles. Sounds like a brand new car, runs and drives like a brand new car. Everything works perfect. Today I was working on a project...
  9. J

99 XP Runs rough after plug wire change

I did not replace the spark plugs. I was going to but I had these wires for 2 weeks and just decided to replace them for now. I used bosh wires this time which seemed to be better, however they did not have the metal insulators on the wires by the exhaust manifold. I don't think the computer...
  10. J

99 XP Runs rough after plug wire change

Car ran great before....but it has over 200,000 miles so I have been doing routine maintenance to keep it up. Put on the new wires and had cyl. 7 and 8 crossed. Whats weird is I didnt know until I got on the interstate on my way home. So i drove for about 15 minutes like this. The next day I saw...
  11. J

1999 Ford Explorer Remote Start

Yeah I figured it out. All I had to do was make the unit learn the tach. And yes I installed a bypass for the key. It's required you can't get around it
  12. J

1999 Ford Explorer Remote Start

1999 Explorer 5.0 V8 Auto AWD Python 1400XP DEI 556U Transponder Bypass Car starts with key just fine. Problem: Car starts with remote start then shuts down after a couple seconds When car is started and remote start button is engaged, I remove the keys and it dies after a couple of...
  13. J

99 XLT Blows Hot Air

anyone anyone?
  14. J

99 XLT Blows Hot Air

no help???? the heat works, if blows real hot air and the max ac just blows around the air in the car
  15. J

99 XLT Blows Hot Air

Hi I own a 99 XLT 5.0 and the ac went out around 2 years ago and I had it recharged and it worked good for about a year now and it is again not working. It just blows the hot summer air in my face and seems to not be cooling anything, I was wandering what you guys could suggest to repair this...
Back