Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Spas

Complete OEM SOHC tensioner & Guide rebuild kit

Hi all. I rather stupidly trusted a UK member who begged me to order all of the OE cam guide parts necessary to rebuild his 2000 4.0 Sohc explorer since most of it is obsolete now. I work for a Ford dealer, so I get a decent discount. Usually our parts dept has a strict "pay up front" policy...
  2. Spas

20th Anniversary All Ford Nationals, Jun 4-6 Carlisle, PA

In 2001, Explorer representation started at the All Ford Nats with a few goofy EF friends and three mildly modified SUVs. Seeing as to how this year is the 20th anniversary, I got the itch to celebrate one more time. The show starts on Friday June 4th and runs 'til Sunday June 6th, rain or...
  3. Spas

Flat tpms to stem conversion?

Anyone ever have luck swapping the early model 315mz flat/ banded tire pressure sensor style to a valve stem style? Picked up some 20" Fooses for my 2007 Limited that came with valve stem sensors for a 2011... surprise surprise, they won't program (I work for a Ford dealer, I tried our factory...
  4. Spas

2017 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

*grumble grumble* You all know the drill by now, right? June 2-4, Carlisle, PA @ the fairgrounds. General info on the show can be found here: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx We show our clunkers and we're proud of it. This year the management...
  5. Spas

Rebuilt 2wd 4r70w & RideTech parallel 4 link

Hi all, As many of you know, I've had to give up my race truck project. Jack's engine and supercharger are gone, so that leaves these two. The transmission price I'm flexible on, the four link, not so much. If you look on CL you'll see them both listed for more than I'm asking here: That's...
  6. Spas

2wd 4r70w, Holley Systemax intakes, fuel rails, 90mm maf, parallel 4 link kit

I'm parting with Blackjack's performance accessories, because my life is just SO AWESOME /sarcasm. Pardon the lack of some pictures; my brother quit his job and has yet to get another, so no $$= no internet= mooching Wi-Fi from Wegman's parking lot. That said, yes I am hurting for money, but I'm...
  7. Spas

1992 Explorer XLT *manual* 4x4

I figure I'll give our Explorer family first crack at Chris's (Skunk) daily driver/beater first, before I put it on Craigslist. I'd like to see the ol' girl get a good home, if possible. 4.0 OHV 4x4 5 spd 147, 682 mi. manual locking hubs Good: -New 4x4 hubs, 4wd works great -New fuel pump...
  8. Spas

Ford Racing Powerdyne supercharger & kit (complete)

Soooo, I'm told I apparently have one of the last (if not THE last) complete Ford Racing second gen charger kits in the country. It has everything in it for a factory install, including detailed directions and OEM fittings and lines. The only difference is that I opted for the larger BD11...
  9. Spas

For Sale CHP 347 long block

Oh boy, look! It's the post I hoped I'd never have to do! /sarcasm/ Seriously, though, I figured I'd give my fellow EF'ers first crack before I put this up on the Mustang forums and Craigslist. Have some respect when posting, please... I'm already torn up about this, I really don't need any...
  10. Spas

All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, PA, Jun 5-7, 2015

Every year I say it's my last one doing this, and every year I look at pictures from the summer before and think, "Damn it all... That was fun." :rolleyes: So, anyone still interested in the AFN's? For those who have never been, it's the biggest Ford car show on the East Coast. There are tons...
  11. Spas

2014 Carlisle All Ford Nationals!

Okay, I'm sufficiently drunk enough to start this now... IT'S THE 2014 ALL FORD NATIONAL THREAD, YAYYYYYY! Be there or be square! After the awesome food fight and covered parking garage last year, we're definitely staying at the Comfort Suites in Carlisle again! I'm going to reserve two...
  12. Spas

2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9

Wow, I must be getting old and forgetful...this thread should have been up a month ago :eek: Sorry! Basic info! When: Friday June 7 to Saturday June 8, 2013. Where: Carlisle Fairgrounds, Carlisle Pennsylvania. What: The East Coast's biggest Ford car show, and our...
  13. Spas

'05 Trac leaking water from driver front?

I seem to have purchased a very odd Sport Trac... Opened my driver door after two days of rain and had a river run out from my door sill :fire: Traced the leak origin to someplace under the dash (roughly straight back from the top of the dash fuse box to give you an idea of location). It's been...
  14. Spas

Silver Bullet

I've been wanting one of these for SOOOO long now :) Meet Silver Bullet, named after one of the greatest Explorers I've ever known! Specs: 2005 Explorer Sport Trac in Silver Birch w/ Medium flint interior Auto/SOHC/4x4 Power everything (no moonroof, unfortunately) 4.10's Tonneau...
  15. Spas

2012 Carlisle All Ford Nats June 1-3

10 YEARS OF THE ALL FORD NATIONALS, BABY!!! It's the biggest Explorer party that you've ever been to, as well as the biggest Ford lover car show and swap meet on the East Coast... which is why you should take off work/school for Friday June 1st through Sunday June 3rd! Like we do every year...
  16. Spas

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

I'm slacking, this thread should have been started two weeks ago :p: Once again, it's time to start planning for the East Coast's biggest Ford event; the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, Pa! This year we're devoting our run to the memory of John Rock, our Sport Trac moderator and friend to...
  17. Spas

North East PA run, Sept. 5-6?

Just testing the water to see if anyone is interested in having an off road run on Labor Day weekend up in our neck of the woods. I'm thinking Sunday Sept.5, Monday Sept.6? There are all kinds of trails in Luzerne county, from mild stocker roads with great mountain views to hardcore stuff...
  18. Spas

Atn: All suspension gurus..

So, I'm not having much luck with figuring out the best link set-up for Blackjack and I thought I'd throw this thread out for argument's sake (Not having much luck meaning: set up that causes the least amount of headaches and doesn't destroy my wallet). I've seen these two set ups many times...
  19. Spas

Carlisle All Ford Nat's! Jun 4-6, 2010

Is 6 months before the show too early to post it? NAHHHHH ;) Mark your calendars, kids: June 4-6th, Carlisle, Pa! For you newbies; some of us get to Carlisle on Friday, some on Saturday: whenever you can make it is fine as long as you actually MAKE it! Assuming that Draper's Mach crew...
  20. Spas

Maryland summer meet n greet?

It's about time we had another hang-out session :) The last time we went to Annie's in Glen Burnie, but Blee keeps teasing me with the idea of sushi so I was wondering if anyone knows of a Chinese Buffet in or around Glen Burnie? Even Sakura's would work I suppose. Anyway, it's just an idea...
  21. Spas

M&G time! May 23, '09

Just like the title says, folks. I picked the 23rd because I'm hoping I can get Iz and Jake together to talk fabrication with a friend of mine, since he's only free on Saturday nights :/ Plus I've told him about my amazing and looney Exploder buddies who have such great ideas when we sit and...
  22. Spas

Carlisle All Ford show, June 5-7, 2009

Mwa heh heh. You can never start this thread too early, especially when it's freezing cold outside and you need to think warm thoughts! It's going to be that time again in 140 days, kiddies. Shine 'em up for the Carlisle All Ford Nationals on Friday and Saturday, take all that tire shine right...
  23. Spas

Swapping an SOHC into a 5spd OHV 2nd gen?

Mods, move this to the proper area if it's not already in it, pleez :) Just like the heading says. Matt (Das Frem) and I have been avidly discussing how to save our ailing Sports. We both want to keep our M5oD's, but make our trucks more powerful and faster without doing a v8 swap. Matt spun...
  24. Spas

New year's 2009?

Well damn it all... New Year's falls on a Thursday this year :( Every year for the last 7 I've tried to spend with my fellow Exploder owners, but I don't see a middle-of-the-week run being very feasible. But I still want to see your smiling, sometimes psycho faces to start my year off right, so...
  25. Spas

Maryland M&G, Gambrills, Nov. 16?

It has been farrrrrrrr too long! Anyone up for some good ol' Exploder owner BS'ing at the Texas Roadhouse in Gambrills again? November 16th is a Sunday, so everyone 'should' have the day off... Yes?
Back