Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Random Misfire/ Low Compression

I have a 05' Mountaineer 4.0 v6 Flex AWD. I have roughly 225K miles on the truck. Awhile back I had a code for my EGR, replaced it and code went away, passed emissions and all is great. Now the light is back on, code is for Random Misfire, shop suggested replacing plugs and wires since they...
  2. N

IAC Valve location and cleaning

Codes P0401 and P0506 I'm confused on this whole IAC topic. My truck is throwing the code, the autoparts store show there isnt one, but when I'm on RockAuto.com there shows there is an IAC for my truck. Below is what I found on the site. MOTORCRAFT Part # CX1771 {#1L2E9F715AD, 1L2Z9F715AA}...
  3. N

Dpfe Egr Sensor

Thanks for the information. I have 05 Mountaineer with the v6 4.0 flex engine. I was checking the application guide and it cuts off at 01' for the Mountaineer. I called FORD and they said its one-complete unit, which is probably the reason I was not able to find it on RockAuto or any other site.
  4. N

Dpfe Egr Sensor

Thanks for the information. I checked out that site and others and can't find a DPFE sensor listed, just the harness and connector tubes and the EGR itself. It looks like from pictures that the sensor is part of the valve itself.
  5. N

Dpfe Egr Sensor

05 Mountaineer 4.0 flex 194K ( EGR CODE ) My CEL came on the other day and got the code checked and was told it was showing the EGR was the problem, but the guy at AutoZone said it was most likely the DPFE. My question.. If I bought a new EGR does it come with the Sensor or are the 2...
  6. N

Coolant leak on 2002 Explorer XLT V6 4.0L SOHC

I did this work over the weekend and it took me about 2hrs to get it all done. I do have one question. In the post #12 above, is that the heater hose in that picture? I had so much trouble disconnecting it, I ended up just cutting it off. I went to Autozone with hose in hand, and they dont...
  7. N

2005 coolant leak I just got my parts in. I am very glad that someone introduced me to RockAuto, best deal on parts hands down. Now to my question. I got my upper and lower housing,new thermostat and thermostat seal, but is there another seal that I need? I thought I read in a post there...
  8. N

Gear selector sticking on incline

I parked my truck on an incline the other day, just for 30 sec. to pick something up off my driveway; and when I got back in and tried to shift into Drive, it would not budge. After playing with it for a few minutes, I was able to get out of park, not sure what I did. Is this normal or could...
  9. N

I seem to be having the same issue with my 2005 Mountaineer. I know the leak is coming from the housing, but not sure If I should replace both the top and bottom at the same time? How hard is it to replace the housings? Should I also replace the CTS as well?
  10. N

Caliper Replacement

I have a 98 Mountaineer and recently had to replace the Pass. side caliper, was sticking and the inner pad was gone. I took it to a shop to replace but I'm noticing that when i brake it still pulls hard to the right, but I'm not feeling any drag or hearing anything like I did before. What...
  11. N

02 sensor problem

My truck has about 198k miles on it, so I will probably try and replace the 02 sensor 1st and see if it solves the problem. I just need it to pass emissions and then I will be getting rid of it. Where is that O2 sensor located? Before or after the cat? Is it easily accessible? Also forgot to...
  12. N

02 sensor problem

Thanks for all the replies. I had the codes pulled again this weekend at Autozone, the code pulled was P0430 " Catalyst Efficiency low-bank 2"
  13. N

02 sensor problem

I have a 98 Mountaineer 5.0L I recently has my CEL light up and upon getting diagnosed at Autozone I found that the code relates back to the O2 sensor. I don't remember the code, but thought it was for bank1 sensor 1 ... which I had replaced last year before getting my inspection done. I...
  14. N

Mysterious Clunk

Owner of a 98 Mountaineer with 189k miles, just had the Transmisson rebuilt and now I'm getting a clunk when I go over speed bumps or hit any kind of bump at all, also hear the noise when I turn. didnt have the noise b4 this. Going to take it back to the shop, but wanted to make sure it was...
  15. N

Transmisson Shot

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into that
  16. N

Transmisson Shot

Need some advice on weather to purchase a used transmission or have mine re-built. 98 Mountaineer 188k 2wd 4dr My truck just this week started having a whine when I was driving, noticed it getting louder as I accelerated, I thought the whine was coming the engine, and reading some forums they...
  17. N

98 Mountaineer- Upper and lower control arms and ball joints

The bushings are not bad for what I know. I had Ford tell me to just replace the lower ball joints and I had another shop tell me replace the lower whole arm w/ ball joint. I've been debating back and forth on the lowers and which way to go. The truck is 10yrs old and has about 181k miles. I'm...
  18. N

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. Any suggestions on brands? I know MOOG is good but can get rather $$. do you know anything about Doorman?
  19. N

I recently took my truck in to get an alignment and camber kit installed and was told I needed to replace both sides upper and lower arms and bushings. I called some auto part stores and was told that I can only buy the ball joints as a complete assembly with the arms, not separately. But...
  20. N

98 Mountaineer- Tires wearing blad on inside

About 2yrs ago I had an alignment done on my 98 Mountaineer and was told I need a camber kit installed or replaced, don't remember which one. After letting this go now for 2yrs my front tires have worn almost bald on the inside. Do I really need a camber kit, or does the truck already have one...
  21. N

Best Brakes

I need to replace the brakes on my 98' Mountaineer but not sure which brand to go with. Should I go with ceramic or semi-metallic?
  22. N

No headlights on 98 Mountaineer

I do not have the LOM feature on my truck. I have checked all the fuses and they all seem to be good. What else could cause this??
  23. N

Checked the bulbs and they are fine. I checked the interior fuses and they are good. I checked the DRL fuse in the power dist. box and that was good, but did not check the others, will do that next. What is LOM?
  24. N

Thanks for the assistance. I will check the fuses under the hood. And also check the bulbs. One thing I did forget to mention. I can pull the lever back towards me and flash the brights, but when trying to push it forwarded to engage the brights nothing happens.
Back