Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

1993 XLT Lift Questions - Will This Work?

so the cheapest way without doing the axle drop brackets would be to get the 2" sky jacker and then the 3" body?? or would I get just as much out of doing the coil spacers + shackles and the 3" body lift??
  2. D

1993 XLT Lift Questions - Will This Work?

I've got a '93 XLT 2WD, I was wondering if this kind of lift setup would work and what might need to be added Front: 2" Lifted Skyjacker Coil Springs + 2" Coil Spring Spacers Rear: 2" add-a-leafs + 2" schackles Body: 3" Body Lift Would I actually be able to just combine all...
  3. D

Cheapest Front End Lift to go with SOA??

OH SORRY GUYS!!! I meant to mention its not the '97 I used to have it is a 1993 2WD 4Dr XLT. I don't think they make spindles for that year and I don't think it even has torsion bars. Thank you though for the help
  4. D

Cheapest Front End Lift to go with SOA??

Hey I have searched and searched to find what all I need to lift the front to make it level if I do a SOA in the rear. I know I could buy those $1000 kits but I can't afford that. Can someone please tell me what all I would need to lift the front 5.5 - 6"? The cheapest route please...
  5. D

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

needle gauges?? can someone please tell me how to reset all my needles on my gauges so that they are correct?? after I installed my custom gauges the needles didn't go back to where they are supposed to be. My idle is at like 4000 RPM, and speed at like 40mph, etc. thanx oh ya how can...
  6. D

layers?? Can someone please post in more detail how you seperate the scanned image and have the background on one layer and the numbers on the other layer??? also, which paper do you think is best to use?? one more thing.....if someone could please post their original scanned picture so...
  7. D

hey that would be great if you can put a link to download your scanned image so that some of us people who don't have a whole lot of spare time can fiddle around with it on the computer before they actually go pull there whole car apart. please do post if you don't mind. thanx
  8. D

Superlift announces Sport Trac Lift Lit

hey rick, do you think that lift will work on my 1997 2WD explorer?? if so where can i get one and how much?? thanx
  9. D

body lift on a 97 2WD??

they don't make a lift specifically for my vehicle though....unless i wanna spend $600 on the spindle lift....but i have a part time job and plenty of fines to pay so i really don't have the money for it....and i got the kit for free so why not put it on.... does anyone know where i can find...
  10. D

body lift on a 97 2WD??

well i know that some have done their grille guard so i was just wondering what they had to do? like custom brackets or anything of that sort??
  11. D

body lift on a 97 2WD??

ok i have done plenty of searches and research on them, but no one has actually mentioned how the bumper brackets need to be so I don't have to buy the set from PA. I have read that you can just straighten the one's in the 853 kit out and it'll work. is this true?? also, anyone who has...
  12. D

body lift on a 97 2WD??

bumper brackets? also i really am mainly worried about what I need to do with the bumper brackets. I got the '95 - '97 Ranger kit (#853) because I figured it would be cheaper to get the bumper brackets than the steering extension. Now I'm hoping to just modify or make my own brackets...
  13. D

body lift on a 97 2WD??

can someone please do a write up or give me some information on what i need to look for when i do this lift?
  14. D

PICS of how to put Neon in grill

bmxboy where did you get the replacement streetglow underbody tube?? about how much did it cost?? and did it come with the all the wiring needed?? thanks
  15. D

Knight Rider Light w/ Parking Lights

does anyone know how i can wire my Knight Rider light up to my alarm so when I exit my car and arm the alarm the knight rider light comes on??? also how i can wire it to a separate switch at the same time so that i can just switch it on when i'm driving if i want to??? thanx :fire...
  16. D

what dimensions on a muffler??

well thanks a bunch guys you helped tremendously do any of ya'll know where i can find a non-delta 40 series for my X????
  17. D

its an SOHC and i'm pretty sure i only have one CAT so wouldn't it have to be single in/dual out??
  18. D

I am looking at getting a non-delta 40 series flowmaster muffler. I want dual exhaust also. So I need to know what size INLET/OUTLET i need as well as. Single IN/Dual Out or Dual In/Dual Out. I"m not sure what is under my X right now. Also what size tips would be best and where to exit them...
  19. D

Hooking up Neons....

BMXBOY: thanks alot - i think i get the idea now, but if you could please post some pics because I don't think i really have the concept of the mounting on the grille part. thanks - lata
  20. D

Hooking up Neons....

hey bmxboy, how exactly did you mount that light behind the grille?? i have one on behind my grille but it moves quite a bit. I used L-Bracket and Flat Bracket combine with C-Clamps but it swings from side to side. letting me know exactly how you did it would be greatly appreciated. thanx
  21. D

My Great Idea!?!

who the hell are you to say anything? you obviously have way too much time on your hands if you can sit around with a stupid username, description, & profile that all has to do with saying how stupid peoples threads are, and criticising what people write about. now that's pretty stupid and...
  22. D

My Great Idea!?!

ya i'm down for whatever i work on saturday though from 3-8 so whenever is cool today I was installing this turquoise light behind my grille all i have to do now is mount it, i have it all wired and everything i was just waiting for the bracket paint to dry lata just let me know if...
  23. D

My Great Idea!?!

well i just have TT/Shackle and 235/75R15's and i think it looks fine with lift and small tires. So I think that it would look pretty good leaving the 31's with the 3" body. the only thing you would have to look out for is body roll because you'll still have 10.5's compared to 12.5's. If i...
  24. D

My Great Idea!?!

well i just have TT/Shackle and 235/75R15's and i think it looks fine with lift and small tires. So I think that it would look pretty good leaving the 31's with the 3" body. the only thing you would have to look out for is body roll because you'll still have 10.5's compared to 12.5's. If i...
Back