Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Where is egr valve located?

Are you sure it has one? I think the older OHV's didn't have one. Mine was on the passenger side down by the header. I have a 96.
  2. L

How to:painted bezel, console w/lot of pics on 2nd gen

Wow, that looks really nice. I really like the Accents you have in the Engine compartment too. I was just wondering what you're going to be doing with the Old CD player? I have an aftermarket CD Player but I like the Stock look better. Just curious. Very nice looking Paint job though.
  3. L

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

IF someone wants to buy this, I'll be happy to drive it :D:D Would make an awesome way to get a ZAPV around. Would take and awful lot of bed liner to cover though. :p: School Bus
  4. L

Venom intake Guard

I did the Upper intake like a year ago, Didn't realize I forgot to Update this Thread. Here's a Picture
  5. L

Emergency Strobe LED Installation.

Cool Lights. I want to get some Amber ones like that for my truck. Amber (Orange) ones would be less chance of getting in trouble with cops and could probably use them in emergency on the side of the road. Still cool though.
  6. L

Charge light is blinking on and off

Let's say that Hypothetically he just redid his Head gaskets and may have busted off the part of the Connector that holds the connector in place. Would/Could that make this happen too? It was Hypothetically the white connector. :D
  7. L

How to: Homelink Visor Install

Wow, that's cool! If you only paid 30 bucks for it then I think it's worth it in just the Cost. I went to Home depot and it was like 30 + for a Universal Garage Door opener. That was just the base model too. If I had a Garage I'd probably look into getting this. The time I'd use it is...
  8. L

Vacuum lines

It's Possible that it could be some option that You don't have. Or something like that.
  9. L

Vacuum lines

I just went and took alook. I saw the Yellow wire which goes down bellow the Battery to another Module of some sort. There's just one LIne though. That module is hooked up to the Throttle body and a Fuel line. (It looks like a Fuel line and is in the Loom of lines that goes to the back of the...
  10. L

Vacuum lines

I just took these. LIke I said, They are patched right now. I hope they can help. The "yellow" one looks more white in this picture. Good luck.
  11. L

Vacuum lines

I must say to be very carefull with the Vaccume lines. They break really easy. I just finished my Head Gaskets and Snapped off two or three yesturday. Luckilly my friend had some tubing that I slid over top of it and then Electrical taped. Anywho, The Tee that you showed in the last...
  12. L

TransferCase Temp Guage?

Yeah, I guess I could see both of your Guys points. I was just curious and you both did an excellent job at Answering my questions. Thank you.
  13. L

TransferCase Temp Guage?

Anybody?
  14. L

TransferCase Temp Guage?

I've been planning on wiring up my Tranny Guage up to a Switch to Toggle between the Pan temp and the Line temp and was wondering if anybody has ever put a Sensor in the TCase? Would it be worth it? If I did this, What would the Exceptable Tolerances be? If I just hooked up my Tranny...
  15. L

New to Wiring/Trucks...

You Basically have it right......Sort of. The Relay is a Way of keeping the High voltage out of the Cab. bascially you are switching a Small Plunger in side of the Relay that then completes the Cirucit for the lights. So you attach the wire from the battery (Fused) to the Relay...
  16. L

New to Wiring/Trucks...

I have a question. Are you runing the Main power from the Battery (the Fused one) to the switch or to the Relay?
  17. L

wiring harness

I would think that you could use a trailer wiring harness. It depends on how many Wires You'll be wiring. I had a Rack on the top of S10's bed and I used a 4 Flat trailer harness. You can get most of them that will mount to the bumper and make it water tight when you're not using it. I got...
  18. L

This is Kinda cool....But expensive

I think it could be slightly copied by just using a Bunch of Relays and Low Voltage wires. I just want to know if it can be hooked up to a Computer. It would be one more reason for me to save and then have a Laptop Dedicated for my truck. :D
  19. L

This is Kinda cool....But expensive

I saw this in the Latest Four Wheel Magazine. I thought it was really cool, but it's pretty darn expensive. It's a Similar idea to how they do portable lighting, but for cars. http://www.isispower.com/products.html I wish I could afford it. But It would also take out the fun in...
  20. L

why didnt you say something?

X2! I've been married for about a year and a Half and she started doing that after that one time I fell asleep after driving for like 10 hours........Hasn't ever stopped. :rolleyes: I love her, But it is something that happens for some odd reason.
  21. L

Help new deck!!

Are you going to be using Wood or that new fancy Composite? :D Welcome to the forum. It'll help you out alot. Especially the search function.
  22. L

Explorer on tracks

There's a guy in MI that made his Sami into a Sorta Tracked monster. He used the engine and Driver train from a Bobcat. Either way, You'll be spending tons of Cash.
  23. L

Replaced intake manifold gaskets, now I have no power...WTF?

Yeah, In pounds. The Hanyes manual says In Pounds. I'd tell you how much, but It's at my friends house sitting next to my heads on a Bench. good luck.
  24. L

L4CX's Head project

Cool, thank you. I'll look into those. I suppose I might be able to get them for my dremel? Does anyone have and Advice about the head needing to be resurfaced?
  25. L

Replaced intake manifold gaskets, now I have no power...WTF?

It can't be timing because he said the timing was in the block. If he only took it down to the Heads he didn't touch anything for timing. I would definatly check all your connections. Also, Did you make sure to torque the Fuel rail/Upper intake bolts and Nuts to IN pounds and not...
Back