Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. MuscleJunkie

Powerdyne BD-11a versus Powerdyne XB-1A dyno numbers - need some input

Finally have the Powerdyne XB-1a on my 2000 Explorer initially dialed in. Here is a quick comparison short of my initial 0-60 pulls versus those with the BD-11a with the same pulleys. Dyno sheets for current setup are coming soon….
  2. MuscleJunkie

Latest Dyno pull after XB-1A was repaired.
  3. MuscleJunkie

More info from the Powerdyne builder on the high speed bearing issue “ “ “ I really have no idea what it was, or where it can from, but so small it fell out when I popped it apart, and lost it, I figure it was causing the balls to ‘skate’ along, causing the sound, without damaging the race… “
  4. MuscleJunkie

We had another dyno session with Big White Ford Explorer and the XB-1a on November 30th. We did a few dyno pulls again with the 2.7" pulley and improved standoff pulley on the bottom side of the SC belt. You can see the last pull as runfile 2 in the sheet above. This time we were datalogging...
  5. MuscleJunkie

Will Be Blown Again!

They did mine 2.5.
  6. MuscleJunkie

Raptor amber leds on an X

One of my followers on Insta installed that kit (without the Ford letters)
  7. MuscleJunkie

Received these observations from a user at corral
  8. MuscleJunkie

So do you think there is something going on at 3,000 rpm. Here is the 3000 RPM dyno sheet. Look at the differences in torque of the runs and the AFR as well. Anybody can explain what I am seeing here? But what I understand from the smoothing 2 dyno sheet in my last post, there doesn't appear...
  9. MuscleJunkie

At corral it was suggested to post the dyno sheet with smoothing 2. Said it would show any belt slip. Anybody see this?
  10. MuscleJunkie

M-9593-G302 Fuel Injector Flow Rate: 47 lbs/Hr @ 39.15 psi Type: EV14 (USCAR Connector) Impedance: 11-18 ohms Original equipment on 2007-10 SVT GT500 According to the tuner I had a lot of injector and I would be good for awhile.
  11. MuscleJunkie

I really need to find a solution for the waterpump pulley. It is the only thing keeping me from getting a bigger crank pulley. As far as injectors, I am running GT500 injectors and the tuner said I have more than enough for anything that I will do on this engine. I asked again about the...
  12. MuscleJunkie

Can you explain about tuning the 4R70W? I have a stock converter but did have some work to beef it up a bit and shift nicer when I did the rebuild last year
  13. MuscleJunkie

Will Be Blown Again!

I was really happy with their work on the exhaust. Worth every penny IMHO
  14. MuscleJunkie

Will Be Blown Again!

If you take both pipes out one side, then H could be a nice choice. If you go out on both sides x seems to be better due to unequal lengths
  15. MuscleJunkie

Will Be Blown Again!

Photos
  16. MuscleJunkie

Will Be Blown Again!

You’ll love the dual mufflers!
  17. MuscleJunkie

Here are the runs broken down by RPM 3000 RPM 4000 RPM 4500 RPM 5000 RPM 5500 RPM 6000 RPM
  18. MuscleJunkie

So the free Dynojet software is what is needed to see the Dyno runs. The files have also afr and boost. I’ll post a clearer sheet later So with this DD sheet you posted - I am reading is this is engine hp? Am I reading it correct at over 500 hp?? Can you share all the information that you...
  19. MuscleJunkie

Here are the files they sent https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zy02lphk1emwo5sahkjmk/RunFile_1.wp8?rlkey=mnnbx5kdzsbf1h86aop45j0rv&dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dmdnu736737a36kznpz27/RunFile_2.wp8?rlkey=jy6805qevqlhggs8v1rnx9f1m&dl=0...
  20. MuscleJunkie

Yes, stock cam. So the WP8 run files I have, what will they show?? I’m trying to understand the difference in these two sheets. Use run time a bottom for comparison. Does everything seem normal. It seems the 3.45.19 runs shows different on the two sheets??
  21. MuscleJunkie

shop sent over some WP8 files and this expanded Dyno sheet. Will these wp8 files have what is needed to understand what is happening in these runs? Anyone here can read these files?? Here is the Dyno sheet. The Dyno pull times and the bottom can be matched to the previous ones I posted Also...
  22. MuscleJunkie

Will Be Blown Again!

Interested to know more about this software
  23. MuscleJunkie

A few pics. 1st the original stock balancer which was shot then the new one which we machined for the billet spacer. All were three hole. Are some Explorers 4 hole??
  24. MuscleJunkie

The Powerdyne pulley I have is two piece. There is a billet spacer that fits inside the original balancer, and then the outer pulley bolts through/onto that. It uses three bolts…. Last photo shows some of the original BD-11a Explorer kit with the pulley that bolts to balancer
  25. MuscleJunkie

Don, what issues might be caused by increasing the crank pulley size from 6.5 to say 7.5 or 8??
Back