Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Dual Touch Screen Locked on its own!?!?!?

i think they are closed on weekends. so im gonna try on monday and see if i can get through. thanks for yalls help though. and if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.
  2. W

hmmm....ok. i just dont see how that would work as it still has to fit in a 4 digit spot. and it doesnt matter any way as i have lost the remote. lol :p:
  3. W

i found that code also but the code has to 4 digits. that code must be for a different model.
  4. W

it is asking for a 4 digit code. if worst comes to worst, i guess i can just keep typing stuff in until it unlocks it. i just dont remember ever setting a password. and the 0000 default doesnt work.
  5. W

I have a Dual xdvd8181 touch screen that I have had for a while and worked great. I took it out of my car to do some work behind the dashboard but when i put it all back in, it locked its self. I never put my own code in (that i remember). Is there a way to reset the code or is there a master...
  6. W

1 12" sub, 1 amp, and 2 6x9s... how to hook them all up?

ok... well i dont know much about stereo systems but, could i just take 3 channels and put all the positives to one wire and then all the negatives to another wire and then send it to the speaker like that? or would that not work?
  7. W

1 12" sub, 1 amp, and 2 6x9s... how to hook them all up?

My friend has a 800 watt sony xplod 12" sub. He also has 2 kicker 6x9s. he wants to hook his amp up to all of them. is this possible? the only way i can think is he has a 4 channel amp so can you run 3 channels to the sub and split one channel to the 6x9s? it is an 800 watt amp so by my...
  8. W

Problems with driver speaker.

well now that i think about it, it is probably the wires because the speaker would do the same thing before i had the head unit or after market speakers. so lets hope that is the only problem :D
  9. W

yea the black box thing is part of the problem. I found out what it is though and just incase anyone ever has this problem, it makes the head unit amp compatible with the car amp. My car has an amp in it already because i had the supreme package or what ever. i found one at walmart for like...
  10. W

Ok well here is the situation. My driver side speaker is not working all the time. It comes on and off but I have not found any thing that makes it go off. it just does it on its own. I tried jiggling the wires but when the car is parked it always seems to play. I have aftermarket speakers...
  11. W

Roof mounted off road lights

yea but i dont want to have to take them off when i want to use them. i will just look into the local police station. Thanks
  12. W

Roof mounted off road lights

I want to mount 4 off road lights on the top of my explorer but i have talked to some people and they say that if you do not have a cover on them, you can get a ticket. is this true? i live in the state of texas. i dont want to have to get out and take them off everytime i want to use them...
  13. W

Off Road Fender Flares?

yea the ones that look like the jeep ones. i found some on jc whitney but they were expensive. are they all around $500? that seems expensive to me but maybe i am just being cheap :D
  14. W

Off Road Fender Flares?

Where is the best place to get fender flares? I looked on jc whitney and summit racing but they were expensive and not exactly what i want. i want the off road style with like the bolts (or fake bolts) showing. if someone has these already on their explorer, could you post a picture? I would...
  15. W

How to: Warrior Shackle Installation (pics)

i am not sure how you are doing it but on mine, i jacked up the entire rear end and then jacked the axle up to where it got to a "neutral" spot where there was almost no presure on the leafspring up or down. i did my whole thing in about 2 hours. i guess i had a lucky one. my x was garage...
  16. W

Where and how to hook up PA

ok well i bought mine at radio shack but i had to go to a different one. i got it hooked up and everything. it sounds great. thanks for all of yalls help on getting this done. :D i will post pics when i get home of where i put it.
  17. W

ok thanks guys. this is turing out to be a lot easier than i had originally thought. now i am just trying to find a speaker. no one around here seems to sell them. i went to radio shack and they didnt have a speaker here. anyone have any ideas where to get one thats not on the interent cause...
  18. W

ok well that sounds good then. how loud is just the speaker? loud enough for other people in other cars to hear? What is a powered speaker? does it have an amp in it? Where would i get that? i may just do that first. Thanks for your help.
  19. W

ok so it is really that easy to hook up? i guess it seems like it would need an amp or something. but i guess not. which is better for me so i dont have to buy one :D i guess i will just look under my hood and see if i can find a good spot. Thanks for your help.
  20. W

I have a CB radio that has the PA ability and has the plug in the back to plug a speaker into it. do i just buy a PA speaker and hook it up or will i need some sort of amp for it? also, where did you guys mount your speaker? I have a 1997 Ford Explorer 4dr so if someone has a pa mounted...
  21. W

thanks alot. that helps me to understand a little bit more. i hope the bolts come off easy because the owner before kept it in a garage and it only has about 77000 miles on it so i am hoping there isnt much rust. i looked at them and they seem to be rust free. i guess i wont find out til i...
  22. W

sorry if this is a stupid question but i read through all (well most :p:) of this thread but i do not completely understand what to do with the axle. I understand jacking up the truck, but when i take off the bolts, wont the axle drop down? I dont want to damage any shocks or anything so how...
  23. W

What would I have to do to even the front end if I did a SOA?

yea i guess it would look "goofy" with 31s. :p: I am going to just wait til i decide to get bigger tires. I guess i am going to just to a shackle and tt lift. just to give it that little bit more lift. Thanks for all of yalls help. :D
  24. W

What color should I get the plastic on the outside?

wow that looks good. Now i cant decide whether i want to paint it black or grey. I really like the way the black looks. Plus I have black rims and going to tint the windows dark, so i think i will try black because that is the look i am going for. Anyone else have pictures of it that may...
  25. W

What color should I get the plastic on the outside?

ok thanks. hopefully i will be getting it painted soon. like within the next couple of weeks. i cant wait. after that, that will be my last major exterior mod. but i am sure i am going to find something to do to it :p:
Back