Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

S.O.S 99 Xploder in trouble

alright, 2 problems and a comment. Comment/Advice- if you have to put a 4.0 SOHC in a 99 xlt...dont, it sucks. and now the problems, O/D off light flashes but tranny still goes into O/D. 2 nd and most important problem, park will not catch in the X after doing a motor swap, could that just be...
  2. S

Ranger R8 rear end in 99 XLT

thanks, but im about to scrap the idea, sadly. The X got an offer i cant refuse ($5000) and that money is going into a Z with 8 inches of lift
  3. S

thanks for the input everyone, where would i need to find the 4.10 for the front end, same story as rear end? or is that a totally different story?
  4. S

I could really use some advice on switching to 35s

4wd, ive been asking around for best thing with the front diff, pay to regear it or, if possible, get a lower gear from another x, i havnt really done my homework on fords, being i spend time turnin wrenches as a deisel mechanic
  5. S

Looking for mods with little $$$

sorry bout that, wont make that suggestion again.
  6. S

Comment by 'Stonyhill429' in media 'My new inproved Beast!'

Thats my eventual dream right there.....same size, except i got the 4 dr, what mods are done to that to get it up that high?
  7. S

Looking for mods with little $$$

if you want a cheap mod for the exhaust, get a sawzall and have at it *edit* do NOT cut exhaust.
  8. S

advice for a 99XLT AWD

how hard is the front diff, or is it possible to find a lower front diff gear out of another X?
  9. S

advice for a 99XLT AWD

well, my gas milage sucks to begin with (15-18) so im not terribly worried about it. If i got the 4.56 gears what would need to be done with the front end, or should it be fine
  10. S

Best Price for 3" Body Lift

thats better than any ive seen, id go for it
  11. S

now, this is a point my buddy brought up, what do i need to do to the front end after putting a lower rear end? I think i will give Carolina a call if i cant find anything, thanks for the tip
  12. S

advice for a 99XLT AWD

Yeah, that was a lil mistype on my part. 2 hrs of sleep in 2 days dont help. Anyways, what would be the best thing for me to do, 33x12.50 is my goal for this year, im just hesitant because i dont want to have it in the shop every day for rear end/tranny problems, or will the 3.55 rear end work?
  13. S

I see, i appreciate the input on this. What would the best thing for me to do be, being that im looking to put 33x12.50's? i currently have the 3.55 rear end
  14. S

RCD shock and mount numbers.

you could go with a straight axle conversion
  15. S

would that particular setup work, or is that completely retarted idea? :feedback:
  16. S

thanks man, i was plannin on making a trip down there, but i may end up hitting the junk yards and finding a limited slip 3.73 rear end for my X
  17. S

quick ?

32"s will fit no problem with the tt(only got about 1.5" out of it) and shackles (2") ?
  18. S

Where is Carolina Rock Shop located at, ive heard of it before but never known where it is
  19. S

advice for a 99XLT AWD

ok, What id love to have is 38x15.50 on 15 inches of suspension. realistically, it would be nice to make my X stand out from the crowd. Only problem is, ive got the 3.55 rear end. id like to know that would be the biggest tire without problems, and would wheelspacers make for some extensive...
  20. S

quick ?

yeah, im just thinking ahead for when i get something different, im gonna turn the X into the ultimate off road machine, plus i like the wide stance, its not common around home, matter of fact a mod. X isnt practical. Goin for standin out in it.
  21. S

quick ?

oh.....well then. I havnt really heard any horror stories, but then im the lonely ford in a crowd of heavy chevys and dodges. So the spacers for the wheels=bad idea?
  22. S

quick ?

10-4, thanks man, i was wondering since ive been told that the rear end WILL go out if i put 33's on the X. i think im gonna run 31x10.50's w/ backspacers to give it more of a stable base and a more aggressive look.
  23. S

What do ya'll think about bfg mud terrians?

my buddy has ProComp M/T's on his Z71, they do very well off road, they dont wear down too fast on, road noise isnt the worst in the world, but ive heard that BFG actually makes a better M/T
  24. S

quick ?

31X10.50 M/Ts, can the stock 3.55 rear end handle those tires without going "ouch" or would i need to look into a 3.73 or 4.10 rear end (hopefully going to the 4.10 regardless).
  25. S

Never Buy From Truckaddons.com!!!!

good luck with that man, it'l look bad as hell when its done
Back