Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Engine Breaking up at 3700 RPM???

engine rev limiter... it sounds like the engine rev limiter is causing the break up at 3700 RPM. My 2002 sport does the same thing when I rev engine under no load (i.e., in park or neutral). At about 3500-3700 RPM, the engine sputters and misses...that's the rev limiter to prevent over revving...
  2. C

'97 high-mount brake light "rebuild"

fuze at ballast? CJExplorer - have you had that ex since new? Or did you buy it used? If used, wonder if that's someone's aftermarket handy work?? That's an interesting pic of the fuze before the ballast. My bro's '97 doesn't have a fuze (neither does my dad's) and I've never seen the fuze...
  3. C

Problems with Door Locks / Ajar

Ljoe...your WD40 "solution" wouldn't work with my situation. I'm guessing you didn't quite understand or read what I needed to do to solve my issue, or you were responding to another poster. If you weren't responding to my post, my bad...carry on. Thanks for the inputs, though.
  4. C

Interior Light Delay control?

Solved problem Well it took me a while. After a year of living with this, the situation got to the point where the driver's door wouldn't turn on the interior lights when opened. Plus, if I left the key in the ignition and opened the driver's door, the warning alarm wouldn't sound. I...
  5. C

Problems with Door Locks / Ajar

2002 Sport with similar problem This thread helped me find the problem with my interior light/door alarm on my 2002 Expolorer Sport. My symptoms were a bit different: my interior lights would not come on when the driver's door was opened and neither would the door chime sound when the key was...
  6. C

P0171 and P0174 troubles

Likewise, had the same codes consistently showing up on my 2002 Sport (111,000 miles). Swapped out the DPFE (didn't fix it). Found a vacuum leak at the hose elbow of the plastic rail which runs along the passenger side of the intake as the line entered the front of the intake manifold just below...
  7. C

BBQ...here's what I see in my Haynes Repair Manual for the 1995-96 Explorer high mount brake light. The high mount brake light is connected to the Brake Switch via a 7.5A fuse (fuse 2). A dark green wire runs between the high mount brake lamp and the fuse, then a light green wire runs...
  8. C

Neon light and required ballast in the stock 3rd brake light is reason for intermittent operation. That technology should never have been used in an automobile. Since you say you already know how to remove the stock unit, take some time to read through the many posts in this thread to learn how...
  9. C

Miles Per Gallon?????

Like the rest of you, I've been trying to squeeze every fraction of a mile per gallon out of my 2002 Xsport. The only mod I've done is a K&N drop-in filter. I run 35 psi all around in tires. When driving 65mph on highway, I'd get between 19.5 and 20.5 mpg. I've been trying 55mph and I am getting...
  10. C

Thanks for the post Budwich...by the way, I posted here because I have an '02 sport and the text at the top says use this for '02+ sports and sport trac. Anyway, I'm not worrying about it right now...I'll find out what's up eventually.
  11. C

I guess nobody else has had this on their ex...ok, I'll keep diggin' elsewhere and if I find an answer/solution, I'll post for the next board member... Cheers.
  12. C

2001 Sport, Deluxe Console

Mountaineer...the console in the 2001 Sport is like the one in my 2002 Sport...the thread you posted is not the same console. I believe ours is all one piece. Cuprik...I tried pulling mine out a few weeks ago...there are suppose to be some snap clips (plastic tab molded into upper section)...
  13. C

I'm not sure where this question should be posted, so I posted here. I replaced the instrument panel bulbs on my '02 Sport a couple of weeks ago since one of them had burned out. I replaced the six 194 bulbs since I was in there. Things appeared to go well during disassembly and re-assembly...
  14. C

Transmission Temperature Gauge

Congrats dkl1449! Glad to hear things worked out for you. It's given me some ideas to try on some of the xgauges that don't appear to work for my '02. Cheers!
  15. C

158 mph stock '02 sport!!!

I've always wished for a little taller OD than stock...got my wish??? :D
  16. C

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

elliswife...have you checked with your local Ford dealer to see if they offer a wiring harness adapter for the updated DPFE sensor?
  17. C

northwest Ventura County...
  18. C

Instrument panel lights are dim 01 ST

I followed the indiglo write up yesterday to change out the bulbs on my '02 Sport. Worked like a charm...took a little over an hour to complete the job.
  19. C

Fog Light Switch

If you're handy, take a look at this post...he walks you through replacing the bulb with an LED. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1776158&highlight=fog+light+switch+bulb#post1776158
  20. C

Transmission Temperature Gauge

dkl1449... did you ever get trans fluid temp to read on your scangauge?
  21. C

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

Sorry elliswife...I'm confused a bit now as well. Guess the Haynes manual is a bit misleading in this area for the older ex's. The DPFE I replaced on my '02 was the same as the DPFE I replaced on my 2001 Ford Focus...both were plastic housings with connections to small diameter hoses. I...
  22. C

The error caught on film... The pics of the scangaugeII readout are here... (thanks Rogue again for the tip). http://profile.imageshack.us/user/OV_explorer/ We all know it's NOT POSSIBLE to do 158 mph in an explorer...thought you all might find a little laugh in this like I did this...
  23. C

Thanks for the pic posting tip Rogue...I'll give it a try Judging from the responses, I'm afraid some folks here think I believed I hit 158mph...
  24. C

No kiddin' guys...of course it was a glitch... I'm not as stupid as I look...:confused:
Back