Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Help! Should I sell my explorer whole,part it out, or fix it?

sell me your engine and part out the rest
  2. L

On Last Blaze Of Glory

price wise they're about the same.
  3. L

On Last Blaze Of Glory

One Last Blaze Of Glory Well, it finally happened, the crappiest Explorer in the Houston Metro are bit the dust. Mechanic thinks it's cracked/warped head, or blown head gasket, either way requiring a new engine. I thought I'd come to you guys to help me make up my mind, I can't make up my mind...
  4. L

engine not reving right

as you guys probably already know, i'm no mechanic, and i don't pretend to be one, and i need some help. when i start my x up, it will rev to about 500 rpms then it'll bounce back and forth between 200 and 500, and then it dies. what could be the cause of this problem, and how much am i looking...
  5. L

Who has the $h!t!est explorer

something like that. it's not idling right. when i fire the bad boy up it'll rev to about 500 rpms sputter then die. any ideas?
  6. L

LiquidX...... why do you have a snowboard rack? there's no snow here in H-town!!!!!!
  7. L

OH, BTW, my distrubutor cap is cracked now too.
  8. L

I think the problem with my tranny has something to do with the flow of the fluid. When it heats up, it shifts fine. I'm gonna have it flushed, and see if cleaning out all the crap and sludge will help, and if not, I'm gonna have it rebuilt.
  9. L

Weather stripping removal

kinda like paint thinner, get it at home depot
  10. L

Exhaust, side exit before wheel? can i do it?

And the leaf springs cause a big problem. When I got my exhaust done he said he'd do it if thosedamn things weren't in the way. Legality shouldn't be an issue, look at the exhaust on a SALEEN mustang some time.
  11. L

Just for giggles I was wondering who on this board can lay claim to the worste explorer. Because the way things are going right now, I think its me, and I'm really hoping that it's not true. Here's a list of whats wrong 165k MILES Trashed front door panels Transfer Case only engages...
  12. L

Wrangler Qs

wranglers are over priced and they're really not good on explorers. i just found some awesome kuhmo's on tirerack.com for an outrageously low price. all the feed back i've gotten seems to be good, so when the next paycheck comes, i'm getting some 31s
  13. L

One more ? before I get my tires

AHHHHHH. Sounds like a plan. I think I'll get the tires first, and then see where to go from there. If i need shackels and spacers, you wanna help me put them on Bryan?
  14. L

how to do just 2''

are you saying you want to drop a 4x4? cuz if you are you're gonna run into so many problems and you're gonna get so much crap that it's really not worth it.
  15. L

Drivers door handle is loose and rattles

either your door is sagging, or the handle is about to break off. common in older Xs.
  16. L

Separate tweets or.....

you mean q-logic kick panel sets. actually, from what i've read, they're pretty tough, and the sound good.
  17. L

tweeters???

Spoken like someone who has been ripped off before.
  18. L

BUying an Explorer Sport

Run a Carfax to make sure it hasn't been wrecked or stolen.
  19. L

I was think coil spacers in the front and torsion twist in the back if i had to. thanks though.
  20. L

Alright, I've decided on the Kuhmo MTs, now all I wanna know is what is the maximum size I'll be able to fit without severe rubbing? Cuz if i can fit 31" I'm gonna do it.
  21. L

Kumho MTs

Yes, they ATs look like they would blow, but because the price is so great, why not get MTs.
  22. L

tweeters???

Pioneer, Infinity, Boston Acoustic.
  23. L

Stupid Newb Question

The way I see it is that equalizers are just something more for whoever's riding shotgun to mess with. Sure they make your music sound a little better, but if you get one, count on someone to constantly be fiddling with it.
Back