Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

boostin a 5.0 need some help

94-98 mustang have return style fuel systems. 99-up are non return style. The return style is by far the best way and easyest way to make power and avoid fueling problems. 94-95 stangs are slightly different on the tank design but I think they use the same pumps. Even if they dont the pumps are...
  2. C

You can run 8psi on hypertectic pistons on a 302 easy and it will hold up just fine. The pistons in my 4.6 are made the same way and the rods are even weaker than 302 rods and I easily push 8psi with no problems at all. As long as you get a good tune you will have no problems running 8psi. I...
  3. C

If you plan on useing that T3/T4 you will need 2 of them. Other wise you may want to look into a T70 or the likes if you plan to go single. Also you said sts. I recently built a home built remote mount twin T3/t4 turbo set up on my mustang with a 4.6 sohc v-8...
  4. C

1991 Mazda Navajo auto

I was wondering what tranny was in my 1991 mazda navajo sport and what upgrades are available for it? I have a 4X4 explorer and it towed some pretty heavy stuff. I was wondering if the mazda tranny was the same or if there are any parts I should swap over or add. I do plan on adding an extra...
  5. C

PowerStroked 98' Explorer 2wd

Any V-6 diesel is prone to crank problems...for some reason the V6 design puts a ton of stress on a crank with diesels.
  6. C

PowerStroked 98' Explorer 2wd

+1 much easyer swap.....not to mention its a straight 6 so it will actually fit with some fab work. Any ford diesel will weigh more you really want and make for a terrible handling vehicle. I wont knock the ford though my 7.3 has over 400,000 miles on it. Also the dodge trannys on the cummins...
  7. C

off roading power

Ok I see you are trying to make this work Im going to make a sugggestion...... well a few you can do whatever with.....I hope it helps or gives you some ideas. Intake: Instead off all thoses holes and plates for a blower adapter why not just build a box that goes around the edges of the...
  8. C

4.0 OHV & SOHC Go Fast Goodies!!

I found this as another intake option while searching. http://www.ifab.net/products/93intake/91Ex/index.html This one says OHV and but read the description someone may want to check on this. http://www.stuffforyourranger.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187 Also hear is a...
  9. C

Turbocharging 4.0 ???

Is there a hand held tuner that I can use on the computer that I can adjust timing? The FMU would be ok but I would also go with some colder plugs and want to back down the timing a few notches. I dont plan on intercooling only 5-6 psi.
  10. C

4" lift ? about drive shafts

What about brake lines. I dont see them in the 4" kits but I was thinking that thats quit a bit of lift to not have them. Do I need them and were do I get them I cant seem to find them anywhere?
  11. C

Turbocharging 4.0 ???

Is the modulator an electric thing on the outside? Where is it? Maybe I can swap it over. Off of the wrecked X I have.
  12. C

Turbocharging 4.0 ???

What is the difference in the mazda tranny....the motor is the same. Also I have a ford explorer tranny I could use but I just dont see an extra 70hp hurting anything unless I was flooring it everytime I hit the gas. It wont be for racing....just for a boost in power. This seems it will be easy...
  13. C

4" lift ? about drive shafts

If I was to use a 4" lift would I need to lengthen my drive shafts or would they be ok? I do not intend the lift for massive articulation it is just a cosmetic upgrade on a explorer that sees only flat lands in Texas.
  14. C

Best Bolt-Ons?

Are headers really worth it? Do they make any computer codes come up? What would make the best milage?
  15. C

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

I can fab up a bumper myself...I was jut wondering if anyone made something like this that can be purchased to bolt right on. I hope you dont mind if I use this picture as a build plan for my own.
  16. C

Turbocharging a 4.0 gen 1

I was wondering what would be involved in turbocharging a 4.0L gen 1 explorer? I have built a custom turbo kit for my mustang but I was wondering what it would be involved in tuning if I fabbed up a turbo kit for the explorer? What Mas air meter should I use. What injectors. Should I just have...
  17. C

MAF to Throttle Body Intake Tube First Generation Explorer - Build Your Own

I have a 97 mustang 4.6 TB and MAS that I took off my mustang when I did the turbo intall. The MAS is calibrated for 19# injectors so Im pretty shure it will work, also it looks just like the one in the pic already posted. How big is the factory explorer T-body? I know this mustang one is 65mm...
  18. C

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

I have been looking for this same style......does anyone here in the states make this or something close to it that you can buy outright?????? Very awsome!
  19. C

Turbocharging 4.0 ???

I have a turbo set up on my mustang that I home built and I was thinking of turbo charging my Mazda navajo. My only concern is how to tune it? What MAS meter should I use and what injectors? Has anyone done this before. I can fab the kit my self and I actually make it work but I am unshure of...
  20. C

Wheel backspacing lift questions.

Thanks I found a ebay has some sweet deals so I will probly try to get a set off of there after I get my lift and paint on.
  21. C

Wheel backspacing lift questions.

I have a 91 mazda navajo sport 4x4 I just got. I was going to go with 15" wheels and 33" tires. I want 15X8 wheels, what backspacing do I need? I hate seeing wheel that stick out I like them tucked under the wheel well. Also I was going with a 4" suspension and 2" body lift. Is this enough for...
Back