Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Actually I've got to send the old one back to Ford for a core. Seems that all the dealers I spoke with had the core charge. They said the one I got was new and not reman, but they still wanted the core. I'm hestiant on trying to change the servo's. When I had the pan off last night I...
  2. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Well, I thought I would post an update. This evening I changed out the valve body, along with seperator plate with a bonded gasket. with a new one from Ford. Torqued everthing to spec, when I put it back together. The results is that is made absolutely no change at all. The car still has the...
  3. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Thanks for the info, Glacier.. Anyone else have any comments, that would like to add.
  4. M

5R55W - P0775 code

As far a rebuilding the Valve body, I am assuming that rebuild kits can be purchased for them? Should I look to get one from Ford or an aftermarket vendor? Could you suggest, what all I should get, and a recommended source from where I should get it? Thanks again, for all your help.
  5. M

5R55W Tranny Woes.. Please Help

Ooos sorry, I'll stay in the other thread.
  6. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Ok, thanks for the info. I have never considered a problem with the intermediate band. I was thinking it there was a problem with this band, there would be problems with more gears other than 2 and 5. Since 2 and 5 were the only gears affected, that seemed to point me to the O/D band...
  7. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Ok, I am kind of at a cross road as what do try to do with this vehicle next. The problems with it are when it tries to upshift into 2nd or 5th gear. I have never had a problem with it downshifting. I can turn Overdrive off, and when accelerating release the gas and it will shift into...
  8. M

Ok, I am kind of at a cross road as what do try to do with this vehicle next. The problems with it are when it tries to upshift into 2nd or 5th gear. I have never had a problem with it downshifting. I can turn Overdrive off, and when accelerating release the gas and it will shift into...
  9. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Ok, well I do like the idea of maybe not having to pull the pan to do this job. One question. Is it easy to tell if the band actuator does fall? I would hate to put these thing back together and assume that everything is correct, and end up doing more damage by it not being togehter...
  10. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Are you saying that the pan doesn't have to be removed? It looks like when you pull the servo out that the O/D band will drop down. Can you give some detail about how to chance the servo without pulling the pan? Thanks.
  11. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Ok, thanks. When you drop the pan, do you have to also drop the valve body to get to the back side of the servo? Unless I am misunderstand the access cover in the floor board. It sounds like that cat would still be in the way, and the pan would need to be dropped also? I am imagining that...
  12. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Ok, how about just changing it out? Is it a big job?
  13. M

5R55W - P0775 code

Can anyone tell me how you change the O/D servo? Or at least check it to see if it's bad?
  14. M

How about the Overdrive Servo on the side of the tranny? I have read these can go bad about 70,000 miles, this car has 85K on it.
  15. M

I didn't pull the valve body out, so I don't know if the gasket is blown on top of it. (I am assuming there is a separator plate on top). When I pulled the solenoid body out, There didn't appear to be any blown gaskets there.
  16. M

From what I have been reading I am suspecting a problem in the valve body, as the solenoid swap had zero effect on the problem. Would it be best to try to swap the entire valve body?
  17. M

I did clear the codes. No I didn't torque them to spec, or replace any gaskets. Which gaskets should I have replaced? Thanks.
  18. M

Ok, I was able to adjust my O/D band. In fact after I torqued it and then backed it off 2 turns, I don’t believe it was out of specifications. So, I guess the good news is that I don’t believe my O/D band is broken. I also checked my ohms between the PCM (Connector 175B, I believe) and fuse...
  19. M

I have been reading up on how to do the band andjustment. One question, if the band is broke, what will happen. Will the adjustment screw turn all the way in? Or does it bottom out or something? Thanks!
  20. M

Part number on the block is 1L2Z7G391AE
  21. M

New from WV

Thanks for all the welcomes.. I am need some transmssion help and advice. If anyone can help take a look here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185672 I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
  22. M

New from WV

A place called Red House, It could be considered the Charleston Area.
  23. M

2003 Ford Exploreer 4x4 5R55W Auto Tranny. From driving the car it does not shift into 2nd or 5th gear. The O/D light flashes, and the check engine light comes on. Gives Code P0775, which indicates a problem with Solenoid 2. This weekend I changed the Shift Solenoid Pack with a brand new...
  24. M

New from WV

Hello Everyone.. I'm new from WV! MRStace84
Back